Adkins Hand

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Esablade

Never knowingly wrong.
Reaction score
Seemingly been dealt a bad un' by the board who then proceed to change the house rules half way through the season, maybe...

A lot of the players obviously know they have no future at SUFC. I think a lot have known this for awhile. It shows.

So what can Adkins do to get through to the summer when hopefully he can re-build?

Might as well stick the kids in eh?

Firstly get Reed playing again and give him a run of games. He's been off a bit in the times he's played but would soon find form again with regular starts.

Same with Che, he!s had a rough patch with his dad, but stick him up front with Billy and let him have a bit of fun...the lad's been trying too hard to please this season I feel..

If Mcgahey has been binned off then fair enough...otherwise get him involved...

We can't get DCL back but I'd like to...and he might as well stick Diego on the bench and try and get him some game time than persist with Sammon....at least the fans can have a sing-song and a giggle...

Then of course he's got the youth team...maybe a bit lightweight at the moment but no harm in giving Jake Wright a look in eh?

Hungry, young players at the club who the fans will certainly appreciate even if they're not quite ready at this moment in time.

UTB!

If they're good enough they're old enough. The younger players will at least have some fire in their bellies and energy to burn. They'd get a massive buzz playing in the first team. They'd probably get us more points than the usual suspects!

I agree with you for once, we might as well blood a couple of the young us rather than some of the shite who are stealing a wage every week.

• Banned
If they're good enough they're old enough. The younger players will at least have some fire in their bellies and energy to burn. They'd get a massive buzz playing in the first team. They'd probably get us more points than the usual suspects!

'The usual suspects' have been given more than a chance and haven't delivered..I know it's not 'the done thing' as they're supposed to be professionals..but fuck em', they're fucking Adkins over big time...

Adkins is still going for promotion. Maybe he thinks his job depends on it so I can't see many changes until it's mathematically certain we can't reach the play-offs (or certain we cant go down)

I agree though. These players have had there chances. The young lads may not be good enough either and there will many more Joe Ironsides than Kyle Walkers but at least it will give the fans some entertainment seeing who will make the grade and who wont.

His result have been up and down. We losing ground sadly.

• Banned
Adkins is still going for promotion. Maybe he thinks his job depends on it so I can't see many changes until it's mathematically certain we can't reach the play-offs (or certain we cant go down)

I agree though. These players have had there chances. The young lads may not be good enough either and there will many more Joe Ironsides than Kyle Walkers but at least it will give the fans some entertainment seeing who will make the grade and who wont.

Yep, fully understand why it won't happen...perhaps we could grind our way into the play off's and raise the bar a bit, as Adkins stated tonight we need around 11 wins from 17 ( from memory) to be in with a chance of that...and that is my sincere hope.

I know the young lads are probably not up to it yet, but as you say, the fans will need some entertainment/hope between now and the end of the season...summat to grasp onto to for next season...if only to show us how Adkins would prefer to play rather than the grind he's been forced into by the shit players...

We can't get DCL back but I'd like to...

Where's DCL gone? I was saying at the game today it was odd he's been dropped off the bench again after Blackpool, surely worth a shot up top.

Did we loan him out again last week? God, if we did that shows how my interest in what United do on deadline day and in general really is waining.

I've thought this for a while, once promotion is all but gone try the kids for the rest of the games and see if they can gel for next season when we can make another crack at it (I seem to be saying this every year though :rolleyes:)

Where's DCL gone? I was saying at the game today it was odd he's been dropped off the bench again after Blackpool, surely worth a shot up top.

Did we loan him out again last week? God, if we did that shows how my interest in what United do on deadline day and in general really is waining.

I've not heard owt so I'm guessing he's still back here..?

The supporters would be a lot more tolerant with the kids, let them make a mistake etc.

He did a collection in the dressing room after the game to see how many there were and this is all he could find.

image.jpeg

I'd like to see Reed, Calvert Lewin (he isn't on loan), Brooks etc over the current bunch. At least we could get behind them.

What have we got to lose? You can't tell me Sammon contributes anything DCL wouldn't?

And Reed was looking like being a great player, but his confidence has been lost a bit. Get him on the pitch and get him growing again.

Back
Top Bottom