According to an ITK

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slim Man

Reaction score
Genuine ITK I think @swaccountants on twitter...

800k left in the budget from the Adams deal and Brayford loan out
Wigan expected to be let know about Brayford, we loaned him to Burton without saying anything to them
We then told them we were interested in Morgan, agreed a fee in principle - they expected a bid, then we bid for Ryan Colclough (a winger...) instead. They're rightly quite puzzled.
Lavery fee has stalled
Morgan deal can still be resurrected but there won't be much left in the pot as it's 800k for transfers AND wages we have left
Cost us 500k to settle with Woolford, his original deal was worth 850k. So we've basically paid Fleetwood to take him ffs
Nothing before next week according to him

Now this could all be bull but I refuse to believe someone pretty professional and proved to be right once or twice before I do tend to believe him
Take it with a pinch of salt or take it at face value, the choice really is yours but he tends to be pretty reliable

So basically all the worries are correct. We are skint. And a parody of a football club.

Wigan expected to be let know about Brayford, we loaned him to Burton without saying anything to them
We then told them we were interested in Morgan, agreed a fee in principle - they expected a bid, then we bid for Ryan Colclough (a winger...) instead. They're rightly quite puzzled.
Lavery fee has stalled
Morgan deal can still be resurrected but there won't be much left in the pot as it's 800k for transfers AND wages we have left
Cost us 500k to settle with Woolford, his original deal was worth 850k. So we've basically paid Fleetwood to take him ffs

Now this could all be bull but I refuse to believe someone pretty professional and proved to be right once or twice before I do tend to believe him
Take it with a pinch of salt or take it at face value, the choice really is yours but he tends to be pretty reliable

So basically all the worries are correct. We are skint. And a parody of a football club.
Would that be swaccountants as in sheffield wednesday accountants?

Kev"s relief will be coming in a nice sell on fee with Hull selling Maguire in the last minutes of the window.

So to pay Woolford out of his contract it cost us £500k at a cost of roughly £12k a week from now till the end of the season?

I think I might leave this thread there
If we were paying Woolford £12,000 a week I'd take back any suppord I'd given to Adkins. And also bare my arse on the town hall steps.

No chance.

UTB

If we were paying Woolford £12,000 I'd take back any suppord I'd given to Adkins. And also bare my arse on the town hall steps.

No chance.

UTB
I'd like to think so too, but after the clause he instisted was put in Hammond's deal it really wouldn't surprise me...

Lavery fee has stalled

All sounds logical except the puzzlement of Wigan over Craig Morgan. Why would it puzzle them that we have bid for a winger. Aren't we allowed to do that as well as ask about Morgan ?

As for the Woolford deal. If true why did the Board allow the wages to be so high for a L1 player ( Mal Brannigan effect ?)

So to pay Woolford out of his contract it cost us £500k at a cost of roughly £12k a week from now till the end of the season?

I think I might leave this thread there

Whoever agreed the fact we would pay him this much money in League 1 should be made to half of the £500k, where has his previous career dictated he would be worth that much money??

All sounds logical except the puzzlement of Wigan over Craig Morgan. Why would it puzzle them that we have bid for a winger. Aren't we allowed to do that as well as ask about Morgan ?

As for the Woolford deal. If true why did the Board allow the wages to be so high for a L1 player ( Mal Brannigna effect ?)
He says we didn't bid for Morgan, we didn't even mention Colclough just randomly bid for him when they were expecting a Morgan bid
And yes I think so. Adkins might have managed to convince the board that he was worth it

Whoever agreed the fact we would pay him this much money in League 1 should be made to half of the £500k, where has his previous career dictated he would be worth that much money??
Players out of contract often get higher wages or signing on fees because there is no transfer fee between clubs involved. It's bizarre.

How does one start to dismantle the view that an accountancy firm who proclaim themselves to be 2 guys with calculators, laptops and mobile phones at the ready - no offices -, are, in any way, party to the financial minutiae of a professional football club? I know we're not supposed to be abusive on here but sometimes, it's really hard to refrain.

He'd been here for more than half of his contract. Why would we pay 2/3rds of it for nothing?

UTB
That confused me too. I reckon it's what we've already paid him so far, wages, bonuses etc.
Either way I really can't see what value they'd get by making it up

Confused...Woolford had a deal for how long?

If it was worth originally 850k was that over two years? Or did he somehow get a three year deal? Or was that the remainder of his deal?

If it were 3 years at 850k total....that makes it £5.5k a week.
3 years with 850k left....16k a week.

500k to fuck him off....add the same for Hammond....Jesus wept.

Staggered at the ineptitude. Adkins deserves to never work again the fucking twat.

Woolford wasn't on the biggest wages, and that is me being ITK for once in a bloody blue moon. I rarely am, but I am on this.

Biggest earners are/were Sharp and Brayford, both on £8,000pw.
Regarding Brayford do you know that for definite? I heard he was on £12k and Burton are paying the lot (from the Burton end)

Not knocking the OP here but personally don't believe any of the figures put on Twitter.

How any one can any one be in a position to know, and freely disclose confidential details of someone's contract and or pay off, and is happy to post it on social media, I don't know.

Confused...Woolford had a deal for how long?

If it was worth originally 850k was that over two years? Or did he somehow get a three year deal? Or was that the remainder of his deal?

If it were 3 years at 850k total....that makes it £5.5k a week.
3 years with 850k left....16k a week.

500k to fuck him off....add the same for Hammond....Jesus wept.

Staggered at the ineptitude. Adkins deserves to never work again the fucking twat.
Like I've said earlier I'm going to guess for Woolford it's in total what we've paid him since he joined including 'paying him off' compared to what we were going to pay.
May include signing on fees, bonuses etc.

Could be bullshit. But like I said I can't see it, why would a couple of blokes who are accounts just talk bollocks under their professional name? No reason for them to do it at all

Mate works in the accounts department at the club.

I did a post on this regarding Brayford a few weeks back. I had him down as being around that based on what he was on at Cardiff and the wages he dropped to come. I believe there are a few figures thrown about to justify agendas.
Sadly I've lost my source of info....after he left. But people often didn't believe me when i say Clough didn't spend that much relative to what he brought in and wasn't in the top 3 in terms of budget in L1. He also didn't insist on Brayford coming in, board decision.

Back
Top Bottom