Aaron Hughes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

EloOr8

Reaction score
Offered trial with view to 12 month deal. Good experience.

I'd say that's scraping the barrel a bit.

Only just 6 foot. 36 years old and not played a decent number of games for about 3 years. Can't say this excites me at all.

Only just 6 foot. 36 years old and not played a decent number of games for about 3 years. Can't say this excites me at all.
If true he's only on trial with the aim to win a years contract.Mr Wilder is our manager let's not doubt him already.We do need some experience in defence so if Hughes proves his fitness what is there to lose. I get the feeling Mr Wilder takes no prisoners so let's see !! .
I somehow get the feeling Harry Bassett is his mentor ! he was a real mover and shaker,if Mr Wilder tackles the job in a similar way to Harry then we are in for a most interesting (exciting ) time .Not talking about hoof ball but about passion and a winning mentality, just what the new Wimbledon showed this afternoon ,that was some aggressive (winning ) performance they put on to beat a more talented Plymouth team.

He is going to be at the euro's with Northern Ireland for the next few weeks. When do we usually report back to pre season training? At least he ought to be match fit by then

This poster joined to start this rumour and the day after claimed we'd signed Chris Taylor on a 2 year deal.

Howard Hughes rumoured to be lined up next...
My mate said that he saw Merv Hughes today and shouted "are you signing for us Merv"

Somewhat peeved, Merv turned around and said "stop shouting dickhead, i'm stood right next to you" before walking off

He later found out that Merv turned us down, couldnt compete with the beard... true story bruv

I remember watching him perform very well for Newcastle every time I saw him there and being mystified when they let him go for a relatively small fee. Exactly the sort of player United needed when we were in the prem. However that was 10 years ago.

I could imagine him in a coaching/cover role and with a young defence that could work. He's been a great pro and much command huge respect in the game.

Back
Top Bottom