A year ago today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
The highpoint of last season. We won 2-0 at Swindon, who had defeated us in the previous season's playoffs. We were second and the Sharp-Sammon strike partnership was looking good. It finally seemed like we'd got our man in Nigel Adkins. What could possibly go wrong?

The highpoint of last season. We won 2-0 at Swindon, who had defeated us in the previous season's playoffs. We were second and the Sharp-Sammon strike partnership was looking good. It finally seemed like we'd got our man in Nigel Adkins. What could possibly go wrong?
I was there. MOTM was Louis Reed. Not played as well since and now not even in the squad

We only have 3 points less than what Wigan and Barnsley had at this stage. A small consolation but I'll take it.

I was there. MOTM was Louis Reed. Not played as well since and now not even in the squad

Even Woolford came on and played a superb pass through to Sharp for the second goal. The starting midfield of Reed and Basham in the middle, flanked by Adams and JCR seemed to work well. I thought it might have been worth persevering with, but I don't think we ever started with it again that season.

We just needed to push the boat out and sign a Premier League midfielder and promotion was a cert...

I did predict this was a one off , I said let's wait and see, Swindon aren't a goof team and I got shouted down.

Back
Top Bottom