A Wake-Up Call

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

TJB.

"What's the biggest room in your house?..."
Reaction score
Yesterday we were facing the prospect of seeing our porky neighbours win the richest prize in football whilst we still flap about doing fuck all in the third division.

They may have lost, but the gap is still there, and an even larger gap now exists between ourselves and the footballing giants of Hull City Tigers.

If these kind of events don't startle our owners into giving Wilder all the tools he needs to get us up, nothing will. I'm not saying we should use the likes of Wendy and Dull as a yardstick to measure ourselves against; I'm saying it's an absolute travesty that we're not in and amongst these teams.

We have to get back up there, and I sincerely hope that hard work is being done behind the scenes to assemble a group capable of beating the likes of Walsall and Coventry twice a week.

Good day to be a Blade yesterday, but wouldn't it be nice if we could create good days for ourselves, rather than rely on others to do it for us?

If our Kev genuinely thinks Tufty is the man for us (which lets be honest, he says about them all) he really should back him this summer. He doesn't have to go overboard as Wilder has already said he wants players on the up not coming down. This is a fabulous opportunity for us in the fact that the new man gets to start with a virtually clean slate and build his own team from day one.
The chance is there for us. It's up to the owners to take it

If these kind of events don't startle our owners into giving Wilder all the tools he needs to get us up.

Don't worry the board are very ambitious and already know they must get out of league 1 asap.

Clough and Adkins were backed and given the biggest budgets in league 1 but wasted the money.
Wilder and Knill will be given the biggest budget In their managerial careers and again we will have the bigger budgets in league 1 but as seen last season budgets can be a red herring and not so relevant.

Let's hope Wilder uses the money better than our last few managers and does a Dave Bassett.

Let's not beat about the bush, it's all about the blades isn't it, yesterday's happy events just focus me on the fact they could have made it to the top while we're sloshing about in the third division, it would have been terrible...

Thing is, and not many have mentioned it yet is that the teams coming down apart from Norwich will possibly stitch that league up next season, so we could if we go about it right be closing this "massive" gap... Mind the gap, which one, the one that's closing you deluded bastards..??

The fact that he is primarily looking for lower division players will help. They will expect good but less wages than a "last pay day" wage thief not to mention a greater desire to win things. Hard as it is, we have to be patient. As long as they're is progress and effort the fans will be right behind him

You Twat. Its 8 o'clock on a wonderful lay in with a smile Sunday morning.
Wake up call far too loud.
Besides which I haven't finished gloating yet.

Never too early for a wake-up call, old bean.

I've been awake since 7.30, with little to no hangover after an enormous session in York yesterday with Tyler Durden ...

Gloating time's over. Fucking-gerrus-promoted time starts now!

Never too early for a wake-up call, old bean.

I've been awake since 7.30, with little to no hangover after an enormous session in York yesterday with Tyler Durden ...

Gloating time's over. Fucking-gerrus-promoted time starts now!
Like Chris Wilder hasn't had and got a huge smile on his face.

Let's not beat about the bush, it's all about the blades isn't it, yesterday's happy events just focus me on the fact they could have made it to the top while we're sloshing about in the third division, it would have been terrible...

Thing is, and not many have mentioned it yet is that the teams coming down apart from Norwich will possibly stitch that league up next season, so we could if we go about it right be closing this "massive" gap... Mind the gap, which one, the one that's closing you deluded bastards..??
I'd expect Norwich to be really strong. They always are in the championship. Villa are the most likely to struggle.they have loads of shit players on good money and their revival will be dependent on good management which they've been lacking for years. Either way, yesterday was a huge missed opportunity for the ow** and an opportunity for united to find themselves joining them in tier 2 in 15 months time.

Here's hoping. UTB

Like Chris Wilder hasn't had and got a huge smile on his face.

After all the gloating , we wake up and still support a established league 1 side. Wilder and the board will have a huge smile on there face if they do there job and get us promoted . S6 failed , what have we done fuck all.

Now is the time to forget our neighbours and our lot do what they are getting paid for - getting us out of this shit division.

Then and only then will I be happy .

Fuck S6 , we have to stop fucking it up.

My thoughts precisely, fella.

Now that the curtains have fallen on the Wendy show, and the part-timers are back in their armchairs and the cheap flags in the bin, can we now draw attention to getting the fuck out of division 3?!

My thoughts precisely, fella.

Now that the curtains have fallen on the Wendy show, and the part-timers are back in their armchairs and the cheap flags in the bin, can we now draw attention to getting the fuck out of division 3?!

Agree fully . After a fantastic day and result for us yesterday , which somewhat eased the pain , especially of the last 2 seasons , it's now in our hands to catch these S6 fuckers up.

UTB

It's Derby with Nigel Pearson who will stop Wednesday getting in the top two next season, behind Newcastle. Then Norwich will be up there too. Villa could be top 6 but Di Matteo doesn't convince me.

After that, it's open, more so than last season. I'd expect Wednesday to be in the top 6 again.

We need to get ourselves promoted so any play off final for them next season doesn't have the same implications yesterday's would've had.

After all the gloating , we wake up and still support a established league 1 side. Wilder and the board will have a huge smile on there face if they do there job and get us promoted . S6 failed , what have we done fuck all.

Now is the time to forget our neighbours and our lot do what they are getting paid for - getting us out of this shit division.

Then and only then will I be happy .

You are right of course but it is a Bank Holiday weekend and one that we normally suffer at so excuse me if I continue to reciprocate what I have suffered from them on many occasions on this weekend over the years.
PS: You have also made the common mistake that many do whilst including a post code for them. It is not S6 it is Sb. Obviously standing for South barnsley. How someone made the fuck up with the postcodes in the first placereplacing a small b with a 6 is beyond belief. make sure you get it right next time;). meanwhile I'm off to right a strongly worded complaint to the Post Office.

I agree with the OP, yesterday was a huge wake up call. We was 90 minutes away from being as far away from our biggest rivals as we ever have in our history.

We've had a close shave, and now it is time to buck our ideas up, and get ourselves out of League One, by scrapping, fighting and showing that we are on the way back.

Now we have got rid of a lot of the oxygen stealing, wage thieves who didn't have the right mind set to get us out of this division, let's get a side built who play with spirit, passion and who never know when they are beat.

Let's treat this season as the low point and then use it as motivation to never be as poor again.

Let's all collectively get behind the Blades and see how far strength and unity can get us.

.......not to mention a greater desire to win things.

And play for what they see as a big club unlike the journeymen dropping down to a failed club for one last payday.

Hi grey players that can see a future not dwindling overplayed players relying on a past reputation.

Gerrmn in and gerrus up CW, yesterday's events is a springboard for next season and putting the heart back into the club.

I agree with the OP, yesterday was a huge wake up call. We was 90 minutes away from being as far away from our biggest rivals as we ever have in our history.

We've had a close shave, and now it is time to buck our ideas up, and get ourselves out of League One, by scrapping, fighting and showing that we are on the way back.

Now we have got rid of a lot of the oxygen stealing, wage thieves who didn't have the right mind set to get us out of this division, let's get a side built who play with spirit, passion and who never know when they are beat.

Let's treat this season as the low point and then use it as motivation to never be as poor again.

Let's all collectively get behind the Blades and see how far strength and unity can get us.

Have a like, sir. Cracking post.

It's Derby with Nigel Pearson who will stop Wednesday getting in the top two next season, behind Newcastle. Then Norwich will be up there too. Villa could be top 6 but Di Matteo doesn't convince me.

After that, it's open, more so than last season. I'd expect Wednesday to be in the top 6 again.

We need to get ourselves promoted so any play off final for them next season doesn't have the same implications yesterday's would've had.
Seen nothing to suggest the pigs will be top 6 next season. Been pleasantly surprised how shite they looked. With half decent finishing both Hull and Brighton could have been 4-0 up after an hour.

I agree we need to go for it and the Board need to back Wilder. But I am going to enjoy yesterday for a good while yet.

We shouldn't need a wake up call, the club, board and manager should know the expectations of the fans, anything Wednesday do should have no significance to how we perform.

Seen nothing to suggest the pigs will be top 6 next season. Been pleasantly surprised how shite they looked. With half decent finishing both Hull and Brighton could have been 4-0 up after an hour.

I agree we need to go for it and the Board need to back Wilder. But I am going to enjoy yesterday for a good while yet.

Absolutely. It's false logic to assume they'll challenge again simply because they have this season. Anyone seriously think Brighton will be competing for automatic?

Newcastle and Norwich will be very strong indeed and there are some very big clubs (some of them are almost massive) with ambition and capacity to improve. Forest and Wolves, just for example, are not just going to plod along for ever. Villa, who knows?

Reality beckons for the Pigs next season. You start on zero with everyone else. No bonus or seeding for the season before....

They'll be up there because they'll keep most of what they've got, not least the manager, and I don't see the spending ending. Keeping Forestieri will be key.

Keeping Forestieri will be key.

Sad fact is, the Prem teams will have enough cash to have players like him as bit part players putting in 6/8 starts as back up and players will be happy to do it for the extra £17k/week.

Squad size needs strict control in the Prem now.

They'll be up there because they'll keep most of what they've got, not least the manager, and I don't see the spending ending. Keeping Forestieri will be key.

The football gods were looking down on them , just to get into the play offs as Cardiff and Ipswich continually failed .
I don't think they have the money to spend big . They have had there day of glory and blew it . Tactical genius Carlos will not compete next season.

They failed there chance this season , mid table next season . Any higher would be a MASSIVE bonus.

Let's see what we do , Reality beckons for both clubs.

UTB

Keeping Westwood will be key as he wins them/ keeps them in games on a weekly basis. I fully expect him to leave this summer now aswell

Back
Top Bottom