A view of Yeovil from BL...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
Oh my god they were poor. Cannot believe they were in the championship.

The right back and right midfielder were utter dross. Murphy didn't help matters but still.

I wonder who the other 3 relegated sides will be?

Its a great morning to be a Blades supporter working here in Yeovil!!

Just thought I would share what is being said in Somerset about last night.

Yeovil Town manager Gary Johnson felt that two or three of his players dropped their standards too far when they came up against promotion-chasing side Sheffield United at Bramall Lane last night. Having all largely impressed during last Saturday's match against Swindon Town at Huish Park, the Glovers travelled to Yorkshire but lost out by a 2-0 scoreline.

Johnson told BBC Somerset after the game that he recognised the qualities that the opposition had, but felt that was why all eleven of his players needed to perform at a top standard. He felt a number of his players dropped their standards which created weaknesses in his team:

"You're going to get games where you get beaten 2-0 by a club that's got the quality that they've got. But we had two or three that didn't turn up today, and that's what disappoints us. You need all eleven of them. Sheffield United showed a bit of power and pace and a bit of assuredness on the ball. I said before the game that we've got to keep the ball a little bit better, and we couldn't. We just made that same mistake where we pat-a-cake the ball down into the path of somebody, and then all of a sudden you're 1-0 down."

With Blades winger Jamie Murphy dominant throughout the evening, Johnson replaced winger Joel Grant with Kevin Dawson at half time in an effort to cancel out the dominance of the home side down that flank. The Glovers boss felt that Grant hadn't been doing enough to support full-back Seth Nana Twumasi by stopping his opposite number's runs:

"He didn't do enough. He was out there. But we said about stopping crosses, helping full-backs and unfortunately we didn't get anywhere near that desire and commitment that we asked for. We kept ourselves in the game without really playing that well. But we couldn't seem to get a foothold on that game today. Some of them have got to look at themselves a little bit and see whether they can affect this level."

I didn't think Yeovil were too bad , Gillett is a good player but Doyle did him over last night and Johnson took Grant off because it was a matter of time before he got red carded.They will finish top half I think.

It was nice to listen to a commentary without Keith Edwards putting his negative slant on it. Actually enjoyed the commentary for a change.

Back
Top Bottom