A solution to keeping EEL

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

itsinyerblood

Reaction score
Quite possibly I'm not the first to have considered this, but with John Brayford at Burton, and assuming he fits the bill there, come the end of the season surely there's a possibility of negotiating his transfer and using this money as full or part payment in making an offer that will ensure we sign EEL? Like I say, not the most inventive idea but certainly one that has potential UTB

I hate to say it but with 7 months of the season left perhaps threads like this are a tad premature. But EEL among others are of course playing very well at the moment and the results are coming in so hopefully it can continue.

There are no other threads like this......nowt like a bit of forward thinking UTB

I'd go for that in a shot. I want rid of Brayford anyway, if that facilitates the signing of Ebanks-Landell then all the better.

Much as I love EEL at the moment didnt Nyron Club feet and 10 bob shaped head Nosworthy start off like a house on fire?

Grasshopper say let him with good start make good finish before putting eggs in baskets.

It's exactly what I said in my OP Sean....."come the end of the season"

We shouldn't need to sell anyone else to sign EEL.

But yes, sell Brayford anyway, ASAP. Any fee will only help.

Maybe Burton will stump up 300k for him and we'll get to hear a soppy interview when he signs..... "it's not about the money, this is the place I want to be, I just love Nigel so much..."

It's exactly what I said in my OP Sean....."come the end of the season"

And I agree with you completely. Just making a point about how easy it is for a hero to zero to occur.
I have a feeling EEL could become a cult figure with us and fervently hope he does.
Just nagging at me why neither Wolves or their fans seem to rate him. If we do go up and sign him we are where Wolves are now.

We shouldn't need to sell anyone else to sign EEL.

But yes, sell Brayford anyway, ASAP. Any fee will only help.

Maybe Burton will stump up 300k for him and we'll get to hear a soppy interview when he signs..... "it's not about the money, this is the place I want to be, I just love Nigel so much..."

In this instance it makes perfect sens if it's possible. We've got what looks like a decent replacement for Brayford in Freeman, so if selling Brayford helps bring EEL in then it's good business.

And I agree with you completely. Just making a point about how easy it is for a hero to zero to occur.
I have a feeling EEL could become a cult figure with us and fervently hope he does.
Just nagging at me why neither Wolves or their fans seem to rate him. If we do go up and sign him we are where Wolves are now.

Who can tell mate? All we can do is judge EEL on his performances now and over the coming months. Like yourself, I appreciate the need for caution, but as things stand he's proving essential to how we perform.

Don't think Wolves ever saw him play in a three man defence, which suits him perfectly. I think they only saw him at right back or centre back in a four man defence. Wolves also have quite high standards now. The comments from their fans weren't that negative, but I'm not really concerned what they say anyway. It's obvious what he's capable of and it's obvious he'll get better with a full season of football behind him as he's going to get here. He'd never previously had that.

Don't think Wolves ever saw him play in a three man defence, which suits him perfectly. I think they only saw him at right back or centre back in a four man defence. Wolves also have quite high standards now. The comments from their fans weren't that negative, but I'm not really concerned what they say anyway. It's obvious what he's capable of and it's obvious he'll get better with a full season of football behind him as he's going to get here. He'd never previously had that.

Hope they start berating Cody soon.
Now he would be the missing link.

Quite possibly I'm not the first to have considered this, but with John Brayford at Burton, and assuming he fits the bill there, come the end of the season surely there's a possibility of negotiating his transfer and using this money as full or part payment in making an offer that will ensure we sign EEL? Like I say, not the most inventive idea but certainly one that has potential UTB
isn't EEL out of contract in the summer?

Brayford still has 1 year to go in the summer

If we are in the Championship then decisions get easier for everyone

Maybe when Burton finish getting Brayford back up to speed for us he'll be an option too, unless the right offer comes in for him :)

Would be nice if that situation happened, but rather than tempt fate and allow someone else to nip in and steal him, maybe agree a deal in advance of the season's end? One thing we can rely on, Wilder will be way ahead of this situation and do whatever he feels needs doing.

Much as I love EEL at the moment didnt Nyron Club feet and 10 bob shaped head Nosworthy start off like a house on fire?

Grasshopper say let him with good start make good finish before putting eggs in baskets.

No, he was wank from minute 1.

Out of contract with a 1 year extension option on the club's part I think. So Wolves will obviously trigger that... knowing they can get a transfer fee.

No, he was wank from minute 1.
to be fair, under Blackwell he did ok in his first spell

the alarm bells started to ring on 14th September under Speed 0-4 v Scunthorpe and Forte made him look like a kid playing man's football

Embarrasing

Out of contract with a 1 year extension option on the club's part I think. So Wolves will obviously trigger that... knowing they can get a transfer fee.
is that right?

Whenever I see option for 1 year, it always seems to be the players option. Maybe that's because United are crap at contracts

ebanks-landell-43-2111107-499703_478x359.jpg

Realistic real world honesty in this is that the best case scenario is we can keep EEL to the end of the season and he helps to guide us to promotion.

I would gladly accept at this point him signing a pre contract agreement in January with a Cardiff or Birmingham to join them in June as long as he doesn't leave.

Worst case is Wolves recall him and sell him to a Norwich, Huddersfield or god forbid Wedenesday in January.

When the pigs signed Tom Lees, the Leeds fans seemed to find it very amusing and were glad to be rid of him. EELs a very similar age to what he was, he looks a good player and he's got hunger n a good attitude. Gerrim signed up

Don't wish to put a spanner in the works.
But could Rotherham be interested in him with Kenny Jacket being their new manager.

It depends on what wages he's on
If he on very high wages they could end up paying a full years wages for a player they don't rate and that nobody else could afford.
We don't know if we are paying all of his wages or just a contribution.

Back
Top Bottom