A refreshing change

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Punk Blade

Reaction score
Now the dust has settled, I think the better team progressed although we gave 'em a good scare for 10-15 minutes. Now we can reflect on a refreshing change this semi final has been:

Spurs didn't try to kick us off the park.
The games and tie overall were not decided by atrocious refereeing.
99% of the Spurs fans, players and staff have been real class. Not just the manager being a 'real football man' as Clough put it, but also their fans. Turned up in numbers and did nothing but back their team to victory. Brilliant.
Spurs came to BDTBL to play football, the first opponents to do so this season. Both sets of supporters were rewarded with a gripping cup tie full of drama, excitement and moments to savour.
Spurs have their own unique Wembley song and didn't need to resort to the usual stuff we and everyone else use.
We can't feel hard done to by the result being unfair or unlucky. Either side would have deserved to win the tie in their own way, and we saw a talented young player in Eriksen show top quality to score the goals to see them through.
Harry Kane. Barged, buffeted, pushed, tugged and all he wanted to do was retain possession of the football and move forwards, never once going down cheaply. A great example from a young Englishman.

League One has been eroding my love of the game this season and last night has reminded me what proper football is.

Last edited:

Agree with all of that, considering we've just lost yet another major semi final I couldn't be happier. Not losing on the night was a big plus, and though we clawed our way back brilliantly, we were never the team going through, so it's less of a sickener.

I noticed several sets of United and Spurs fans intermingling on the way to the ground which was nice - I think Blades were leading there lot to the ground which is always good to see.

A special mention too to Chris and Dean, a pair of Spurs fans in the Dev Cat who had flown in from Washington DC for the game! Cracking lads they were and they seemed to really like Sheffield, which was nice. Good luck to them at West Brom this weekend, the second game of their trip. Both originally hail from the US but somehow got lumped with Spurs.

Agree with all of that, considering we've just lost yet another major semi final I couldn't be happier. Not losing on the night was a big plus, and though we clawed our way back brilliantly, we were never the team going through, so it's less of a sickener.

I noticed several sets of United and Spurs fans intermingling on the way to the ground which was nice - I think Blades were leading there lot to the ground which is always good to see.

A special mention too to Chris and Dean, a pair of Spurs fans in the Dev Cat who had flown in from Washington DC for the game! Cracking lads they were and they seemed to really like Sheffield, which was nice. Good luck to them at West Brom this weekend, the second game of their trip. Both originally hail from the US but somehow got lumped with Spurs.

The only difference between SUFC and Spurs

Kane and Eriksen

UTB

Watching from afar in a spurs bar in spain got to say the respect from both sides was outstanding , people on the benches smiled throuh out and complimented each other on the corinthian spirit that ran through both ties
Gutting to slip out after going 2-1 up and a bobble just getting Reed to get just under the ball , had it gone in wed be there as they scored as we chased the game .
Erikson who was peripheral in the first leg showed his class throughout, Kane is ten times the threat Adebayor ws
Thw lads fought , and after chasing shadows for 70 minutes came alive with the substitutions, and proved the unthinkable is possible , lets hopw we can remember this in the FA cup

I can't help thinking back to when the pigs played Man City and we were all taking the piss out of the "love-in" between the fans.

I'm just looking forward to the day when we win something......
I enjoyed last night and when the second goal went in I completely lost my voice. But.....
I would love us to win something, just for once , please can we do it this year?

Harry Kane. Barged, buffeted, pushed, tugged and all he wanted to do was retain possession of the football and move forwards, never once going down cheaply. A great example from a young Englishman.
There was an instance in the first half where he went down in the area under a 50/50 and he never even looked at the referee. Just got straight back to his feet and chased after the ball.

I'm sure you're bored of Spurs fans, but couldn't agree more and just had to post again.

Absolutely superb cup tie, your fans were brilliant at White Hart Lane, your team full of passion and heart, and gave us a right good scare with the two goals. This is what cup football should be all about. Two proper old fashioned football clubs that play the game in the right manner and just wanted to get through to Wembley.

Had a great time at your ground last night, met some top fans and there was a great buzz around the place. I certainly wish you all the best this season and beyond and hope we can meet again soon

Now the dust has settled, I think the better team progressed although we gave 'em a good scare for 10-15 minutes. Now we can reflect on a refreshing change this semi final has been:

Spurs didn't try to kick us off the park.
The games and tie overall were not decided by atrocious refereeing.
99% of the Spurs fans, players and staff have been real class. Not just the manager being a 'real football man' as Clough put it, but also their fans. Turned up in numbers and did nothing but back their team to victory. Brilliant.
Spurs came to BDTBL to play football, the first opponents to do so this season. Both sets of supporters were rewarded with a gripping cup tie full of drama, excitement and moments to savour.
Spurs have their own unique Wembley song and didn't need to resort to the usual stuff we and everyone else use.
We can't feel hard done to by the result being unfair or unlucky. Either side would have deserved to win the tie in their own way, and we saw a talented young player in Eriksen show top quality to score the goals to see them through.

League One has been eroding my love of the game this season and last night has reminded me what proper football is.

Really good post and i agree with all of it bar the highlighted part...

I think you'll find the first side to come to Bramall Lane this season and play 'football' for me were Oldham. They surprised me for sure with how comfortable they were in their passing and move football.

The end result was the same, though.

For the seventh time in a row.

Back
Top Bottom