A new phrase....Ooooosssss and Aaaaaahhhhssss

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Deadbat

Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03sq7jy

Three lots of ooooossss and aaaaaaahhhhsss apparently at the game. What does he mean? Has he gone completely insane?

Aside from that...usual guff...'We've gone out to win a game of football and we've not gone and done that'

He will be nervously waiting any call from Brussels HQ in the next 2 weeks.

One thing I will say is that I will be less surprised if he sacks Adkins than Clough last year. McCabe was not convincing in the bits I saw from the forum the other night in his conviction that Adkins would be here next season.

I really do think it is 50/50. I think that is why Adkins will play senior players next week. Even though the kids might do better than this useless lot; he knows if they have a loss and another poor performance that may be final straw for McCabe. He will play all the senior pros I feel. However, it may not be enough to save him. McCabe's reactions to making such decisions as shown with Wilson (Crawley was it?), Blackwell (QPR) and Clough (after so called meeting) are often taken very quickly. I think Adkins knows he could be a goner. Forget the last 5 or 6 games before today; the whole season has been a catastrophe.

Three lots of ooooossss and aaaaaaahhhhsss apparently at the game. What does he mean? Has he gone completely insane?

Aside from that...usual guff...'We've gone out to win a game of football and we've not gone and done that'

One thing I will say is that I will be less surprised if he sacks Adkins than Clough last year. McCabe was not convincing in the bits I saw from the forum the other night in his conviction that Adkins would be here next season.

I really do think it is 50/50. I think that is why Adkins will play senior players next week. Even though the kids might do better than this useless lot; he knows if they have a loss and another poor performance that may be final straw for McCabe. He will play all the senior pros I feel. However, it may not be enough to save him. McCabe's reactions to making such decisions as shown with Wilson (Crawley was it?), Blackwell (QPR) and Clough (after so called meeting) are often taking very quickly.

Is it all down to McCabe though?
Who appointed Adkins?

McCabe or Princey or both?

Is that not the issue now?

I really do think it is 50/50. I think that is why Adkins will play senior players next week. Even though the kids might do better than this useless lot; he knows if they have a loss and another poor performance that may be final straw for McCabe. He will play all the senior pros I feel. However, it may not be enough to save him. McCabe's reactions to making such decisions as shown with Wilson (Crawley was it?), Blackwell (QPR) and Clough (after so called meeting) are often taking very quickly.

We shouldn't have sacked Wilson when we did or Blackwell or Clough.
We shouldn't sack Adkins now.

He's full of shit. If we were winning, then fine. But while we're floundering, it's pretty unbearable.

Agree though about the signs being very difficult to interpret about Adkins's continued tenure.

Maybe this "homegrown" approach that McCabe seems so keen on (& which Adkins has latterly started banging on about) does point to there being some credence in the rumours about the (very homegrown) Chris Wilder? Who knows?

Is it all down to McCabe though?
Who appointed Adkins?

McCabe or Princey or both?

Is that not the issue now?

The issue is we require a manager who talks the talk and walks the walk . Adkins is good at the first but lacks the second big time.

We shouldn't have sacked Wilson when we did or Blackwell or Clough.
We shouldn't sack Adkins now.

I agree with another thread. What we did with Blackwell and Clough is largely irrelevant to what we do now. The only question is not atound how many managers/mistakes we have made in the past but whether we feel Adkins is the man to get us out of this bloody division. Sadly we have seen no evidence in over 10 months to suggest he is. I cannot name any positives of his tenure so far at all. He has managed to make us worse which I never felt possible after Clough left.

As for who appointed him. I think Phipps had some influence even though it may have been McCabe/Prince that made final decision. Reality is Phipps not involved and his involvement with SUFC seems effectively over. The Prince we have not heard or seen anything for a long, long time. I have said for a wwhile I expect his involvement to end soon also. Interesting we hear nothing from Baki or any of the res of them any more. I think the Prince's involvement ultimately will be over very soon.

Thus any decision on Adkins or anything else will be down to McCabe. He had made a pigs ear of every other decision. Maybe he might get one right one day. Not holding my breath. However past history suggests rightly or wrongly he does not hang around if he does not get what he wants and that is why I think Adkins will be a goner in a few weeks and the posts from a few weeks ago from Sunjhi or whatever his name is are probably right.

For me personally, the only way Adkins can redeem himself is if he comes out and says "Let's be honest, now the season's over we can admit that this shower of shyte needs binning. All the out of contract lads can go, and those with a year left would be better off going elsewhere to try to earn themselves a longer contract because they have no long term future here. I made some poor recruitment and selection decisions but I promise you we'll have a new side of pacy, powerful, young and hungry players who can bring excitement..................." - wtf am I saying? sorry, zablade is right. It ain't happening. Cheerio

If we was going to sack Adkins it would have made more sense to sack him after the Millwall game when it had become extremely unrealistic that we would make the play offs. It would have given us 10 games to get a new man in, for him to assess and evaluate who we already have got, and to make plans for next season.

I think it wouldn't be sensible now to sack Adkins and we have got to give him the first 10 games of next season. I don't think a lot of the players who are here at the minute will still be here next season, and we will see a lot of newcomers, mainly hungry young players who can improve what we already have

After the Danny Wilson sacking fiasco when playoffs were nailed on, the club probably wanted to give NA the opportunity to try to get in there this time while it was still possible. Now it's not. On that basis and bearing in mind NA's opening comments like "we know what our target is for this season, and that's promotion", does the Board allow him to sign players who might be as bad as some of the ones he's already brought in, and give them the 2-3-year deals they will demand, or does the Board clear the decks entirely and let a new man build his own squad? Do we think NA can really deliver? We could finish 12th by the way.

The budget next season is unlikely to be much different to a lot of clubs in this division. The manager will need that bit of nous and magic to polish a squad of turds and get them into the top 6. Nige seems to be a thoroughly nice bloke, but nice isn't going to cut it.

Oh shit I'm suddenly very worried about next season. I really must stop coming in here.

I really do think it is 50/50. I think that is why Adkins will play senior players next week. Even though the kids might do better than this useless lot; he knows if they have a loss and another poor performance that may be final straw for McCabe. He will play all the senior pros I feel. However, it may not be enough to save him. McCabe's reactions to making such decisions as shown with Wilson (Crawley was it?), Blackwell (QPR) and Clough (after so called meeting) are often taken very quickly. I think Adkins knows he could be a goner. Forget the last 5 or 6 games before today; the whole season has been a catastrophe.
Adkins will be hear next season Deadbat (all the signs are pointing too it ) he has been saying for months now that players have got contracts to play for and he has given them the chances to win one, they have failed !!!. He could have played the kids more often but has stuck em on the bench.I don't think the kids would have got us over the line anyway so they havn't got the feeling of failure which is good.The team of failures are all there to see ( and not just those out of contract ) .The cull will start soon ime sure if Adkins values his job.Adkins has made mistakes ( dunt everyone ) and his signings have been patchy,but next season is the time to judge him as he inherited a massive unbalanced squad which was not good enough.

Ive found that not listening to his post match interviews is the best way,i find em a bit condescending and if i heard the "right foot foward"comment one more time I'd crack up.
I want him to be more characteristic instead of we're brilliant when we win ("aren't we?")and good but unlucky("aren't we?")when we don't.

We've just lost at Coventry 3-1 and according to Giddins on RS we never turned up. There was an opportunity for our local radio station to really screw down our manager with some difficult questions. And what do we get - Adam Oxley asking the easiest questions that any rookie manager could have handled. What was that all about at the end regarding ' women have it tougher?' What a total waste of time.

Why can't RS pin the guy down with questions that fans want answering and not allow him to waffle in order to get through the allotted 5 minutes without ever saying anything.

For me the questions that matter can only be answered when the season's over. Adkins needs to indicate that many many players have let us down and those who did so will not play for us again.

I don't mind him defending his squad as that's the only squad he has. But as of next week it's all up for grabs and he needs to light a few fires.

If we was going to sack Adkins it would have made more sense to sack him after the Millwall game when it had become extremely unrealistic that we would make the play offs. It would have given us 10 games to get a new man in, for him to assess and evaluate who we already have got, and to make plans for next season.

I think it w8ouldn't be sensible now to sack Adkins and we have got to give him the first 10 games of next season. I don't think a lot of the players who are here at the minute will still be here next season, and we will see a lot of newcomers, mainly hungry young players who can improve what we already have
Hungry young players..is that Adams having to forgo the McDonald's? What an absolute and utter joke.

Well that interview has done it for me. Clearly insane. Is it in military law where you can relieve a captain of command if he turns out to be as loopy as a fruit bat?

Adkins has been appalling this season. I don't think anyone can argue against this but working under the current regime I'm not sure anyone could succeed

Never been as down about United as I am now. Judging by McCabe's comments, next season is going to be even worse. Disgusting how the club has been ran

This current managerial monkey is woeful, but things won't change until the organ grinder is gone. Pathetic that McCabe is still doing his 'bad luck' crying into his beer routine. There's no direction, plan, ambition or urgency from management and players because there's none in the boardroom. Adkins should have been hauled in for a meeting after Shrewsbury (H) back in November, when things were clearly getting worse, not better. That said, I want Adkins to stay simply because I dread to think which Weir-like horseman of the Apocalypse McCabe would appoint next.

And sorry, this new 'play the academy' grand scheme smacks more of saving money / coping without money than wanting to unleash an army of fantastic young players, that were so good they barely played all rubbish Division 3 season.

I can see it know.

Yorkshire Post situations vacant

"Team manager required for up and coming local club.
Substantial package available to the right man.
Charm offensive required with fans, who whinge and moan a lot,
Chairman will promise the earth and deliver, well not a lot,
Players aren't much Kop either
Own car and magic wand essential to be considered"

UTB

"The keepers made some good flying saves"
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I was there yesterday and for those that didn't go that's a blatant lie. Neither did we keep blocking our own shots. It happened once first half when Billy got in the way of a goal bound Flynny effort. Just who is NA trying to convince? Himself?

I would prefer it if he just doesn't say anything after a match now.

Just a question, where's the money coming from for these players?

The same place that teams like Rochdale, Bradford, Burton, Walsall etc. seem to find them? Not old journeymen who can't hack it even at this level.

But don't worry. Next season we'll be looking up to Northampton, Oxford etc. as the 'new Wigan'.

Well that interview has done it for me. Clearly insane. Is it in military law where you can relieve a captain of command if he turns out to be as loopy as a fruit bat?
Snowman, you have to prove it though, I suggest we shove two sticks up his nostrils, get him to repeat wibble,wibble after every interview and call him captain blackadder, cannot promise it will work but you never know,worth a go?

That comment about "young Ben in the centre there being out powered - which we haven't been" - I didn't like that. Felt too much like an "I told you so" to the fans about Hammond. Felt a little bit snide, even. Not sure public criticism is the right "pathway for youth" gaffer....

So on the one hand we have a load of criticism on him not being honest enough in assessing the game, and on the other we have criticising something that was clear to see – he wasn't anywhere near strong enough. I'd argue that the last time Adkins felt the need to criticise a young player (pre-Millwall with Adams) we have seen an improvement in their performance. Perhaps this might have the same effect?

As I've said before, far far too much time is spent analysing these interviews. I'd much rather we just focus on how the manager is doing in handling the club, rather than how he speaks to the media in a 5 minute interview. I think we have enough to keep our attention on the former.

Copying phrases from Five?

She's at the party so (ooooohh)
I'm gonna get me some (ahhhhhhh)

This pathway to the youth shit?
It's all a smoke screen to say we will not be buying players and have to rely on what comes through the academy.
I've said many times that we are becoming the "new Crewe" but without the silky football. Ever destined to produce for others to reap the benefit.

Problem with this so called, "pathway" is that it is doomed from the off. We have Man City nicking our best U16 players. How on earth are we going to make a pathway when those we have left are the lesser players?

All I can see at the moment is us staying over a decade in this shit division. :eek:
There is nothing to convince me we have any other plan than treading water.

"Ooohhs & Ahhhs"?

I think you'll find its "Booooos & ARSE"

Waffle TWAT!

Back
Top Bottom