A Lesson To Be Applied

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cracking article that.

Del saying “When I hear players these days saying ‘the fans are on my back’ I think is it a problem? Look at it as a challenge to win them over..." is interesting.

It suggests that players have indeed been complaining behind the scenes about fans being on their backs. Maybe some of these transfer listed players actually wanted to be transfer listed?

As he says, if you can't handle it (& aren't willing to put in the effort to turn things around), then go.

Interview with Derek Geary in the Star. I can think of nobody better to be coaching our young players. The contrast between him and what we had last season is palpable.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...rd-work-says-blades-coach-del-geary-1-7936249
If only we could get back to the days when we fielded teams with that mentality. Can't ever remember seeing Del give less than 100%. Particularly at the end of his career when he was playing through the pain barrier with a knee barely holding together. Best of luck to the lad I think he could make one hell of a coach.

Del Geary, great bloke.

He's a Blade, he's a Bladey Blade.

Oh hold on over 120 games for the Wesdneddesdensday? Many more than he had for United?

He's a Wend, he's a Wendy Wend! o_O

Del Geary, great bloke.

He's a Blade, he's a Bladey Blade.

Oh hold on over 120 games for the Wesdneddesdensday? Many more than he had for United?

He's a Wend, he's a Wendy Wend! o_O
Seriously though, this is living proof that if any player gives his wholehearted effort to the club, no matter who he is, where he came from, then he will be accepted by the fans. Its really that simple.

Seriously though, this is living proof that if any player gives his wholehearted effort to the club, no matter who he is, where he came from, then he will be accepted by the fans. Its really that simple.

Unless the crowd decide that the said player is no good. Coutts, Hammond, Montgomery, Doyle off the top of my head. So I suppose I actually disagree, you have to be good (or perceived so by the fans) and run around a lot.

Unless the crowd decide that the said player is no good. Coutts, Hammond, Montgomery, Doyle off the top of my head. So I suppose I actually disagree, you have to be good (or perceived so by the fans) and run around a lot.

How many career goals have that midfield got between them - Jesus wept stuff of nightmares that lot.

I just hope Wilder has got 2-3 midfielders lined up who can either a - score goals or b- create goals ...

Would you describe Paul Coutts as a "wholehearted" player?

Good point though, I think there's a different spec applied when things aren't going your way, especially when you're stuck in the third division.

UTB

How many career goals have that midfield got between them - Jesus wept stuff of nightmares that lot.

I just hope Wilder has got 2-3 midfielders lined up who can either a - score goals or b- create goals ...

You are completely missing the point Leeds. They all put in a great deal of effort and within their capabilities including Hammond tried their best.

The assertion was:-

That is simply not so. If the fans do not think the player is up to much it doesn't matter how much effort they put in.

Do keep up! ;)

You are completely missing the point Leeds. They all put in a great deal of effort and within their capabilities including Hammond tried their best.

The assertion was:-

That is simply not so. If the fans do not think the player is up to much it doesn't matter how much effort they put in.

Do keep up! ;)

I could 'put in the effort' for 90 minutes.

We've had plenty with seemingly the ability but they haven't put in the graft and just thought fuck that. That's why we're still in division 3

You're correct, it's not all about running about. I think the examples of Hammond and Coutts are poor though, as I find it hard to believe they have been putting in Geary or Monty levels of effort.

I think some of it is due to expectations and wages as well as ability and effort. Had we bought a non-league player who offered exacty what Hammond had offered I doubt we'd get the same reaction from the fans

You're correct, it's not all about running about. I think the examples of Hammond and Coutts are poor though, as I find it hard to believe they have been putting in Geary or Monty levels of effort.

I think some of it is due to expectations and wages as well as ability and effort. Had we bought a non-league player who offered exacty what Hammond had offered I doubt we'd get the same reaction from the fans

Spot on I expect there is a formula to be had somewhere involving wages, crapness, goodness, speed, skin colour and association with manager?

I can only speak for myself but

Montgomery / Doyle limited but wholehearted, professional and genuine

I do not wish to comment on Coutts and Hammond.

I loved Del Boy, he became a Prem player with the Red & White half of Sheffield and would've never reached the elite with the Piggies, must be the best ever decision he made joining us. :)

GEARY GEARY GEARY GEARY GEARY!!!!!!

It's the "affinity" bit that allus strikes me about a lot of our former players that did well.

The bit about Brian Deane - plenty of clubs but the one that he feels any real affinity for is the Blades.

Only met Geary once, when he played for us, post match at MK Dons - he was a stand out as he gave his time willingly to speak to the fans, especially the young 'uns there, after the game.
Morgan was the same.

Back
Top Bottom