A couple of positives from today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Harry's Game

Reaction score
1. Rochdale lost

2. Every day that passes is one closer to the end of Nigel's contract.

I'll take point 1. Rochdale losing is massive.

But really, the way MK Dons are going we have to make 5th place to avoid them.

Swindle losing at home to relegated Yeovil was a great result, not just us being as crap.

just heard some big dick on radio sheffield saying get Clough out
do some of our fans want us to lose
they seem to do everything they can to drag us down

wednesday fans lap it up and pile it on , some blades are such thick cunts bits untrue

lets complain when its all over , not before , lets not as fans spoil our chances with the moronic negativity

just heard some big dick on radio sheffield saying get Clough out
do some of our fans want us to lose
they seem to do everything they can to drag us down

wednesday fans lap it up and pile it on , some blades are such thick cunts bits untrue

lets complain when its all over , not before , lets not as fans spoil our chances with the moronic negativity
Perhaps some want Clough out because they want the team to win and see that as the best way to achieve it? It's hardly "Fortress Bramall Lane" anymore is it, although I suppose that's all the fans fault.

Negative Nigel at his worst today. Bored shitless as usual in the 1st half. Scored and then we just sat back. Even at the end against 10 men we pulled every single man back. Shocking.

Loud boos at HT and FT.
just heard clough saying he thought the players froze after going 1-0
its not clough , its the players

just heard some big dick on radio sheffield saying get Clough out lets not as fans spoil our chances with the moronic negativity

For some people moronic negativity is actually a positive.
Genetically speaking it's a good stubborn, defensive trait to have and probably evolved in a tribal unit stranded somewhere in the middle of the old Sherwood Forest.
As the forest was removed they migrated to the city steel works and eventually became Blades calling into Radio Sheffield.

its nbot clough , its the players

It's Clough and the players. Abysmal tactics and too many players who aren't good enough and / or don't care. But at least we are not blaming the fans for once.

The players that he signed and coaches on a daily basis? I think its a combination of Clough and the players. Clough does need to take a fair share of the responsibility for our mediocre season.

Just to clarify, i'm not in the Clough out brigade. I really want him to do well and am hopeful that when the playoff lottery starts we have a chance of going up. Drawing at home with Bradford isn't a bad result. But I'm gutted that we haven't won at home again after leading and after great wins at Barnsley and home to Donny, where we were very positive by all accounts, we have gone backwards again. I wish we could be more consistent. That seems to be our biggest problem.

Of course we should get behind the team and the manager, and I would never boo my team even if we were completely horrific, it goes against my mentality of what a fan should be.

But we also shouldn't accept our position and continual slide down the tiers of English football. We were in the Premier League less than 10 years ago.

we should be praising a manager for getting a team from bottom in 18 months to a play off spot
because some of our fans have this inflated view of our bigness , hes getting stick when people realise he took over a massive dog turd of a team , they might appreciate what hes achieved
hes urging the players to go forward from the sidelines , unfortunately hes not allowed on the pitch , and they subliminally defend what they have , when people realise most footballers are thick bastards and cant follow simple instructions they might give nigel less grief

once again swindon 0-1 yeovil

pressure off no fear

we should be praising a manager for getting a team from bottom in 18 months to a play off spot
because some of our fans have this inflated view of our bigness , hes getting stick when people realise he took over a massive dog turd of a team , they might appreciate what hes achieved
hes urging the players to go forward from the sidelines , unfortunately hes not allowed on the pitch , and they subliminally defend what they have , when people realise most footballers are thick bastards and cant follow simple instructions they might give nigel less grief
LOL. Praising a manager for getting Sheff Utd to 5th in L1 playing some of the most negative football ever seen at the Lane? Seriously?

perhaps they do , but you dont rock the boat now

fortress bramall lane , weve lost 5

those fans who think it should be 23 4-0 wins or better need counselling

Talking about boats , we have a captain , but are in the middle of the ocean . We cannot push him overboard . lets wait and see were we are when we dock , and see what port were in . Its what we are going to do in the play offs that count.

Eric also knows about seaguls.

UTB

once again swindon 0-1 yeovil

pressure off no fear

Maybe if Nigel selected more than one forward and more than one midfield player who can actually run they might get forward and be more positive, do we need five midfielders at home in the Third tier of English Football?

Another game today the likes of which which we have seen so often this season and which has contributed to me not renewing my season ticket next season for the first time in 28 years.

But we also shouldn't accept our position and continual slide down the tiers of English football. We were in the Premier League less than 10 years ago.

what slide we finished 7th last season we are in the play offs thi
1 season in the prem a failed season in the past 22 seasons gives us no right to say we are bigger
fecking hulls been in the prem more

until we realise we are a at best championship level side over the last generation , we will continue to have wholly overly inflated expectations

Last season Clough achieved better than we could ever have hoped for, he barely put a foot wrong and we rightly praised him. What he did was nothing short of phenomenal. He applauded him and rightly so. He overachieved hugely.

This season however, we have to admit that he has underachieved. He has had money, resources and used them to bring in a lot of players. As demonstrated by Steve Cotteril at Bristol C, who has had the same circumstances, but faired far better.

Footballers being thick is a strange defence, unless you're also arguing that other teams footballers are more intelligent than ours? Do Bristol C, Preston, Swindon and MK Dons have higher IQs? Nigel was also a professional footballer once, is he thick?

I'll say it again, I don't want Clough out. Sacking managers has been our forte in recent times and we have dropped further down each time we have done it. Managers need time. My concern in the long run is tho, is will he be the man to get us promoted this or next season? If not, he needs to take responsibility for that along with the players that he has signed, and the chairman that appointed him.

under achieved
Last season Clough achieved better than we could ever have hoped for, he barely put a foot wrong and we rightly praised him. What he did was nothing short of phenomenal. He applauded him and rightly so. He overachieved hugely.

This season however, we have to admit that he has underachieved. He has had money, resources and used them to bring in a lot of players. As demonstrated by Steve Cotteril at Bristol C, who has had the same circumstances, but faired far better.

Footballers being thick is a strange defence, unless you're also arguing that other teams footballers are more intelligent than ours? Do Bristol C, Preston, Swindon and MK Dons have higher IQs? Nigel was also a professional footballer once, is he thick?

I'll say it again, I don't want Clough out. Sacking managers has been our forte in recent times and we have dropped further down each time we have done it. Managers need time. My concern in the long run is tho, is will he be the man to get us promoted this or next season? If not, he needs to take responsibility for that along with the players that he has signed, and the chairman that appointed him.

under achieved ,,,, how
we finished reasonably well , but had some cracking loan players , we started well short of players as our targets were unavailable to us

we missed the play offs last season , we made it this without several players till january

cotteril had nothing like the circumstances
they needed 8 players and got them
weve had to start from scratch and brought in more than double as we had a much worse squad, but couldnt get key players till january so they got 6 months start

what slide we finished 7th last season we are in the play offs thi
1 season in the prem a failed season in the past 22 seasons gives us no right to say we are bigger
fecking hulls been in the prem more

until we realise we are a at best championship level side over the last generation , we will continue to have wholly overly inflated expectations

Lol I think we might have to agree to disagree on this whole subject.

I'm simply suggesting that going from the Premier league to the Championship, then to league 1 is a slide.

You're totally right about us having no right to say we are bigger though.

I'm trying to argue we can do better than we are at the moment and have aspirations to achieve automatic promotion. That was the goal of the board at the start of the season and looking at our points total we have fallen way short of that.

Of course, we could and I really hope we do go up in the playoffs though.

we cant claim to be a prem side as we werent good enough to stay there , simple
we get great crowds , but we dont get any points for that

I think we will do better
all the play off contenders are experiencing the jitters
preston blew a lead v 10 man port vale swindon lost more than we have of late
luckily Rochdale got the jitters today
why oh why are we so critical and un thinking about it

we cant claim to be a prem side as we werent good enough to stay there , simple
we get great crowds , but we dont get any points for that

I think we will do better
all the play off contenders are experiencing the jitters
preston blew a lead v 10 man port vale swindon lost more than we have of late
luckily Rochdale got the jitters today
why oh why are we so critical and un thinking about it

Can I ask if you have actually enjoyed watching the football we have played this season?

Our style of play is entirely down to Clough. That's the point. Sitting on a narrow lead has happened too often. If the players aren't up to it, or doing what he asks, it's entirely Clough's fault.

UTB

Maybe if Nigel selected more than one forward and more than one midfield player who can actually run they might get forward and be more positive, do we need five midfielders at home in the Third tier of English Football?

Another game today the likes of which which we have seen so often this season and which has contributed to me not renewing my season ticket next season for the first time in 28 years.

Disappointed to hear you haven't renewed Za, but fully understandable I supose. I renewed but only because I was determined Clough wasn't going to drive me away. United will be here long after Cough has gone no matter how much he seems intent on destroying us at the moment.

what we must realise is we have maintained 5th for 3 months now , so we are doing something right

there several clubs would willingly swop positions , fans out there who would willingly take squeaking into a play off

why not just let us see what happens when its all to play for
instead of us wishing the worst possible scenario on our selves continually

if your a blade youd know that on previous promotions we have had horrendous displays and bad results
we have rarely breezed up
in 1990 we got tonked 5-0 at west ham and 4.0 at leeds
this is just how we do it

Disappointed to hear you haven't renewed Za, but fully understandable I supose. I renewed but only because I was determined Clough wasn't going to drive me away. United will be here long after Cough has gone no matter how much he seems intent on destroying us at the moment.
Truly pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom