6points AND style points this christmas

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

From the pig end

Reaction score
I don't bet and I hardly ever make predictions but I think we'll get 6points against vale and scunny and do it in style!
January is an incredibly tough month for us but I reckon we are going to go into it with some momentum.
All I want for Christmas Mariah is to get into that top two

Last edited:

Would settle for 6 points and no style - sometimes the results are more important than the performances.

Just be solid, professional - show the 4K (guess) travelling fans at PV that the TEAM really wants it as much as we do.

Our club could go even more bonkers than the 2nd half of last season..........................Nigel, Coaches, players......We, the fans, are waiting..........

The old cliché - when the going gets tough (which it is at present), the tough get going???????

UTB

I'm basing that on nothing but blind hope.
I've stuck up for our 1-0's all season, now I want to see us kill teams off. We'll still bleedin concede but I want to see 5 goals in the next two games

3 points at Vale would be a great result. Much tougher than Fleetwood but we can do much better than we did there.

I've a lot of respect for Pagey and I hope Michael Brown gets a good hand from Blades fans.

I'm not going, thank goodness!

These next 6 points are vital. Important not to lose more ground before the new players join us, but then again they will take time to settle. Still very worrying. 3 points at Vale would surprise me but what a lift we would all get.

You boys seen our January fixtures?
We NEED to be winning games like vale and scunny.
I know I sound like a pig when I say about our crowds and club size but lets not drop our expectations, let's go with the mindset that we should be steamrolling these sides

Amen to that.

Couple of QUALITY signings early Jan (none of this bollocks waiting for loan window to open) and we can power through to the end.

By god we need to go up this year.

My worry is Mr Coughs has already said "We only want players better than the one's we have" which will no doubt be followed by that other classic "We will not be held to ransom and pay more than we think the player is worth.
Which leaves us with that old conundrum of how do you get these players that are better than the one's we have away from their clubs with out paying over the odds ?

My worry is Mr Coughs has already said "We only want players better than the one's we have" which will no doubt be followed by that other classic "We will not be held to ransom and pay more than we think the player is worth.
Which leaves us with that old conundrum of how do you get these players that are better than the one's we have away from their clubs with out paying over the odds ?
Loan them till end of season, get promoted, then buy.

Offer 150 grand and 3k a week wages repeatedly until someone says yes
with players who are out of contract in the summer this window is the last chance to get a fee and some of the players we fancy are amongst those.thats why we were forced to sell Maguire as fee,s drop drematically when players are in there final
year.(davies at blackpool ,ryan and doyle at chesterfield to name a few)

Hope to see a couple more O'Grady goals and a good understanding between him and McNulty but hope it isn't merely to put him back in Brighton's plans. Blatantly if he bangs a couple more in for us then Brighton's new gaffer will want to have a decent look at him.

Hope to see a couple more O'Grady goals and a good understanding between him and McNulty but hope it isn't merely to put him back in Brighton's plans. Blatantly if he bangs a couple more in for us then Brighton's new gaffer will want to have a decent look at him.
He's scored one so far. Should we now worry he starts performing and his parent club take him back? Seems we are happier if he is shit and then we can sign him on the cheap. Put an offer in front of Brighton they cannot refuse then see what happens. Do what clubs do to us, test their mettle.

He and his family have moved back up here. He's made his choice (a good one). In theory Brighton can force him back but......remember Maguire and his sun tan.

The time for style was beginning of August.

6 points, any which way please !!

UTB

Style might not get you any more points but it can get you more confidence for the tougher upcoming fixtures.
I think O'grady will stay regardless of how well he does on this loan-
By that I mean he won't be going back even if he gets 10goals In January

Style might not get you any more points but it can get you more confidence for the tougher upcoming fixtures.
I think O'grady will stay regardless of how well he does on this loan-
By that I mean he won't be going back even if he gets 10goals In January

I don't know mate I wouldn't be so certain.

I know if I was a gaffer going in to a struggling club I would want to look at all of my assets and options.

I don't bet and I hardly ever make predictions but I think we'll get 6points against vale and scunny and do it in style!
January is an incredibly tough month for us but I reckon we are going to go into it with some momentum.
All I want for Christmas Mariah is to get into that top two
Now we know why you don't bet and hardly make predictions

We will be lucky to get promoted this season.

Can't remember the last time we took 6 points from the 2 Christmas games, we always drop points at this time of year.

We will be lucky to get promoted this season.
I can't see where the next win will come from.

I haven't missed many matches this season but I ain't going Sunday the managers clueless the present squad what can you say

I can't see where the next win will come from.

I haven't missed many matches this season but I ain't going Sunday the managers clueless the present squad what can you say

Don't boycott the league games Lane Ender, boycott the cup matches, let'em play in front of 12000 against Spurs, and show the t wats that at present we care more about the league than a cup we aren't going to win.

They often spoil my weekend, but it pisses me off even more when they shit all over my Christmas too!!
I like Clough but this ISN'T a good league and he HAS brought in plenty of players that he wanted....
No, I still refuse to say it, but I am losing patience

Truth is we lost three key players and we've replaced them with mugs.
I really wanted Clough to succeed it really pisses me off chopping and changing managers.
There's a lot of things I dislike about Clough and he didn't come with a great pedigree so what did we really expect.
Our league form overshadows our cups exploits and it's got to change soon or he will face the inevitable.

This post couldn't have bit me in the arse more if I tried.
Can't even be bothered to go Sunday now

Back
Top Bottom