5th May

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
11210503_997105893663327_8042680724414819260_n.jpg

IMG_20150505_082029.jpg IMG_20150505_082022.jpg IMG_20150505_082018.jpg IMG_20150505_082012.jpg

Crikey, Leicester's entire budget for that season must have gone on Stewards for that final day.....

Tremendous day but it also reminds me of what a shithole Filbert Street was.
Never been to the KP Stadium
Isn't that Nuts?

again Id argue , if we get this at Wembley , celebrating promotion ur recollections of this season will change completely

as in this season in that promotion year we gave plenty of arid lacklustre uninspiring displays
bt on that day no one could even remember one of them
IMG_20150505_082022.jpg

again Id argue , if we get this at Wembley , celebrating promotion ur recollections of this season will change completely

as in this season in that promotion year we gave plenty of arid lacklustre uninspiring displays
bt on that day no one could even remember one of them
View attachment 11562

It'll be nothing like that at all, BTL. Absolutely nothing like it.

That was promotion to the top division and it was sugar coated by the Wendy dropping down the same day - that was a very, very special day indeed.

Contrast that with now - struggling to limp into the Division 3 play offs and only scoring 4 goals twice in the entire season
The only decent memories that I will take out of this season will be from the League Cup campaign and the FA Cup tie with QPR everything else has seemed flat, bar one or two results.
If we succeed in a Wembley Play off final (and it's still a big IF that we will reach that because you'll write free scoring Swindon off at your peril) then it will be a relief above all else - certainly not a cartwheeling, euphoria inducing, mind blowing achievement.

Last edited:

That was promotion to the top division and it was sugar coated by the Wendy dropping down the same day - that was a very, very special day indeed.

Contrast that with now - struggling to limp into the Division 3 play offs and only once scoring 4 goals twice in the entire season
The only decent memories that I will take out of this season will be from the League Cup campaign and the FA Cup tie with QPR everything else has seemed flat, bar one or two results.
If we succeed in a Wembley Play off final (and it's still a big IF that we will reach that because you'll write free scoring Swindon off at your peril) then it will be a relief above all else - certainly not a cartwheeling, euphoria inducing, mind blowing achievement.

Non-Blade wanker. Stay away and watch the Pigs

:)

pommpey

yes its the best day in my life as a blade if wed been top like bristol wouldnt have been close to that day ,,,

but again your drowning nay wallowing in depressing over expectation

most blades thought in reality wed be 3rd 4th with an outside chance of 2nd , I say 2ND AS AFTER 50 YEARS ONLY SEEN US FINISH TOP ONCE IN DIV 4
those who saw us as title winners ,, well thats madness with our record

Now we could have done what prestons done replicate us rom 3 seasons go blowing it at the death , would we be any better off ,,, really
is we go up and WIN thats Win AT Wembley no one will give a shit

You may wish we dont win to bolster your theory , but personally I want us to win and consign the 13 games we lost to the edited highlights
If we win promotion , thats achieving our aim , and I think thats the idea ,
QPR went up being utter shite and were pummelled in the play off final , bit got lucky

did they care did they fuck, and allthe defeats they suffered and drab draws just melted away

Contrast that with now - struggling to limp into the Division 3 play offs and only scoring 4 goals twice in the entire season

I agree, and it's also worth repeating that the Leicester match was the culmination of 2 SUCCESSIVE PROMOTIONS! Anyone who said they expected promotion at the beginning of that season would have been branded delusional. Everyone was saying the expected promotion at the beginning of this one, so there is a massive difference between a hypothetical Wembley win and the Leicester match.

I agree, and it's also worth repeating that the Leicester match was the culmination of 2 SUCCESSIVE PROMOTIONS! Anyone who said they expected promotion at the beginning of that season would have been branded delusional. Everyone was saying the expected promotion at the beginning of this one, so there is a massive difference between a hypothetical Wembley win and the Leicester match.

Yep, couldn't agree more.
It started off brilliantly at West Brom - we looked powerful and quick and very dangerous that day and I remember the Baggies fans being very critical about their own very well fancied for promotion team - but we were ruthless with Deane and Agana in the line up.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...l-rankles-with-atkinson-25-years-on-1-7243865

"Injustice of relegation still rankles with Atkinson 25 years on"

Injustice!?

“We went down with 43 points from 38 games,” recalls the former Hillsborough chief.
“I maintain to this day that we were the best team to ever get relegated.
“No one can change my mind on that.
“With six games to go, we were 2-1 up against Spurs and had we won that we’d have been not far off the European places.
“Unfortunately, Gazza (Paul Gascoigne) was brilliant that day, Gary Lineker got a couple of goals and we lost.
“Things just went downhill from there. But relegation still wasn’t in our minds.
"Then, Luton started winning games from nowhere and we were, suddenly, deep in trouble.”

So the injustice was that there were 17 teams better than you?
No Segers? No Tevez?

Last edited:
Unforgettable day and what a performance.

Will never forget them finally ushering the ecstatic Blades from the pitch and then announcing the Pigs had gone down.

Back on the pitch for more mayhem.

I've only just stopped laughing.

Wasn't at the game but the celebrations were just as mad, ribbed my brother as he was on the dark side, I not listening to any knockers about this season purely focusing on the playoffs UTB

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...l-rankles-with-atkinson-25-years-on-1-7243865

"Injustice of relegation still rankles with Atkinson 25 years on"

Injustice!?

“We went down with 43 points from 38 games,” recalls the former Hillsborough chief.
“I maintain to this day that we were the best team to ever get relegated.
“No one can change my mind on that.
“With six games to go, we were 2-1 up against Spurs and had we won that we’d have been not far off the European places.
“Unfortunately, Gazza (Paul Gascoigne) was brilliant that day, Gary Lineker got a couple of goals and we lost.
“Things just went downhill from there. But relegation still wasn’t in our minds.
"Then, Luton started winning games from nowhere and we were, suddenly, deep in trouble.”

So the injustice was that there were 17 teams better than you?
No Segers? No Tevez?

To be fair 43 points from 38 games is a lot to get relegated with.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Back
Top Bottom