[21/07/2014] Hallam FC 2 - 3 Sheffield United XI (Pre-Season Friendly)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On a balmy Monday evening, a young Sheffield United XI travelled the short distance up to Sandygate to take on Hallam FC. Following on from their victory against Stocksbridge Park Steels on Friday, the squad contained many players who featured at Bracken Moor. With the sun beating down, the United side had the unfortunate pleasure […]

Read the whole post here.

Apart from the free kick the tubby goalie played really well!

Hallam brought on an entirely different XI in the second half. They even wore a different kit. It was difficult for the young Blades when they kicked downhill because Hallam used an offside trap which meant that 9 times out of 10 either the linesman flagged or the ball ran out of play for a goal kick.

Little Johnny Dallas only looks about 12. He's a right tich. In fact he probably needs to grow a bit more to make it as a footballer which is a shame because he has skill. The second goal came from a very nifty corner move in which he played a big part.

Hallam in the sunshine is a smashing place to watch a match but the players would probably prefer a pitch that would not be a Category 1 slope in Le Tour.

We were saying about Slew.... He should be quick enough without having to stand offside to try and beat his man. The linesman was having none of it.

That was a cracking game, in a fantastic, summery environment. The sun shone, the beer flowed and the goyals where plenty. Great banter was had. Great set of people running that club. The food was excellent and fresh and it didnt cost me 40 quid to feed n watta the kids n missen. The kids even got to have a kick about, that field up there is mahassive. We are all lookin forward to our next visit. Cheers Hallam. :)

Little Johnny Dallas only looks about 12. He's a right tich. In fact he probably needs to grow a bit more to make it as a footballer which is a shame because he has skill. The second goal came from a very nifty corner move in which he played a big part.
This is one of the many reasons our country is fucked up when it comes to picking talent up,if he's good enough he's big enough.

We were saying about Slew.... He should be quick enough without having to stand offside to try and beat his man. The linesman was having none of it.

Just clocked what your latest avar is Linz - subtle ;)

Played on that Sandygate pitch (oldest football ground in the World, I believe) only once for school - there is quite a pronounced slope but then I went to King Edwards so the first team pitch at Whiteley Woods was never the flattest, anyway.

Don't think the pitch is there at Whiteley Woods any more - nor the pavilion - where the groundsman (Arnold was it?) used to make an urn of really strong tea for our after match beverage.

Quick search on Google earth 53.360619, -1.531516 shows some of the old markings of the pitch but I can't see where the old cricket square was - it was kind of etched into the slope but it would have been relatively near that solitary tree to the south west of the football pitch.

Feck me - seems a long time ago - well it was really :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom