2 Reasons Why The Blades Can't Beat Spurs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Where do you think the expression 'SPURSY' comes from? Spursy is the ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Even at home games, there are very few, if any, Spurs fans that are sitting comfortably until we are 3-0 up with 5 mins to play.

arent records meant to be broken ,
had wigan won a cup before
would arsenal lose to Birmingham
bradford couldnt beat villa over 2 legs

The difference is those teams went for it.
The worst thing about our failures is the manner in which we lost, they never set out to win the games. Well, except for Hull City at Wembley where we at least had a go.
I'd rather get beaten and go down fighting than have the feeling of what could have been if only we had a bit more bottle.
We quite simply have to get involved in an attacking sense tomorrow night and defend from the front not giving any Spurs player a second on the ball, if they do that I think we have a chance.

The worst thing about our failures is the manner in which we lost, they never set out to win the games. Well, except for Hull City at Wembley where we at least had a go.
I'd rather get beaten and go down fighting than have the feeling of what could have been if only we had a bit more bottle.
We quite simply have to get involved in an attacking sense tomorrow night and defend from the front not giving any Spurs player a second on the ball, if they do that I think we have a chance.

All we need to do is play like we have in the rest of the cup games. If we do that, I will be proud no matter what the scoreline is.

YOU MISSED THE HULL GAME THEN
AND THE SOUTHAMPTON GAME
AND THE WEST HAM GAME
AND THE QPR GAME

Cup semi-final records

FA Cup

Sheffield United - P14 W6 L8
Tottenham - P19 W9 L10

League Cup

Sheffield United - P1 W0 L1
Tottenham - P14 W7 L7

Where do you think the expression 'SPURSY' comes from? Spursy is the ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Even at home games, there are very few, if any, Spurs fans that are sitting comfortably until we are 3-0 up with 5 mins to play.

Try losing 4 play off finals without scoring a goal

0-1 C. Palace 1997
0-3 Wolves 2003
0-1 Burnley 2007
0-0 (7-8 on pens) Huddersfield

In addition to that in my lifetime I've seen us lose the following cup semis...

1-2 AET Sheff Wed 1993
0-1 Newcastle 1998
0-1 Arsenal 2003
2-3 (2legs) Liverpool 2003
3-5 Hull 2014
?-? Tottenham 2015

Add to that 3 more play off semi final defeats and you have our fantastic history over the last 30 years.

The FA Cup against Arsenal in 2003 saw the referee obstruct our player which led to arsenals goal and then.. The greatest save I have ever seen

Last edited:
It always bothers me when our optimism is based on the law of probability. We continue to stick 2 fingers up at probability and confound all those who believe in it.
but maybe this time...... Oh God here we go again.

Try losing 4 play off finals without scoring a goal

The FA Cup against Arsenal in 2003 saw the referee obstruct our player which led to arsenals goal and then.. The greatest save I have ever seen

The worst thing about that save was that he produced it when he was an over the hill media loved England shirt hogging t0ssp0t. Rubbish.

YOU MISSED THE HULL GAME THEN
AND THE SOUTHAMPTON GAME
AND THE WEST HAM GAME
AND THE QPR GAME

Yes, I left them out because we didn't win anything for them games
The games concerning Wigan and Birmingham which is what I was using as a comparison resulted in them winning a trophy. They went to Wembley to try to win.
Our chances of actually winning something have been restricted to promotion via the play offs and they have been lost without so much as a whimper from us. So much so that in our last play off final half of our fans couldn't even be assed to even turn up.

Yes, I left them out because we didn't win anything for them games
The games concerning Wigan and Birmingham which is what I was using as a comparison resulted in them winning a trophy. They went to Wembley to try to win.
Our chances of actually winning something have been restricted to promotion via the play offs and they have been lost without so much as a whimper from us. So much so that in our last play off final half of our fans couldn't even be assed to even turn up.
we dont win anything for beating spurs

we dont win anything for beating spurs

OK I'll try to explain.
If you see the quote made by a poster above my post he said that things have to change for us one day, it changed for Birmingham when they won the League Cup and Wigan when they won the FA Cup.
I said in those games those teams set up to win, whenever we've had a chance to win something we haven't set up to win, we've set up not to get beat instead. And it's failed each time.
Birmingham and Wigan would also not have won if they'd been as negative as us whenever we've had the chance to achieve something.

OK I'll try to explain.
If you see the quote made by a poster above my post he said that things have to change for us one day, it changed for Birmingham when they won the League Cup and Wigan when they won the FA Cup.
I said in those games those teams set up to win, whenever we've had a chance to win something we haven't set up to win, we've set up not to get beat instead. And it's failed each time.
Birmingham and Wigan would also not have won if they'd been as negative as us whenever we've had the chance to achieve something.
but under clough we aint been negative in cup games why all your negativity , we are no more likely to sit back tommorrow than we did against saints

There
It always bothers me when our optimism is based on the law of probability. We continue to stick 2 fingers up at probability and confound all those who believe in it.
but maybe this time...... Oh God here we go again.
There is no law of probability in football. It isnot like tossing a coin.

All we need to do is play like we have in the rest of the cup games. If we do that, I will be proud no matter what the scoreline is.
Yep. As long as we're not shit I'll be relatively happy. The semi against Hull was the first time I've seen us get beaten in a big game and been able to walk away feeling a sense of pride in what the team achieved. As long as I can do that tonight then I'll be okay.

Back
Top Bottom