2 June 2015..........

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade56

Yer avin a laff
Reaction score
now I walk in the shadow of the Valley of Death
Last edited:

Message to Swisso,
If you feel we could be here again in the next 3, 6, 9 or 12 months, please don't post it. At least not for a few more days please.

Message to Swisso,
If you feel we could be here again in the next 3, 6, 9 or 12 months, please don't post it. At least not for a few more days please.
No I don't think we will be, got a lot of faith in Wilder and think he'll be ok at least until the end of the season.

I think this season we have a better chance of promotion under Wilder than we ever did last season with Adkins. Adkins was the right man at the entirely wrong time.

That said, wilder still has to work with what he has, under more pressure but with role models like Billy Sharp, we change the attitude within the club.

Adkins perhaps needed 3 seasons to get things right as he wasn't a motivator. He clearly wasn't able to bring in change in attitude. Making JMac his captain was always a wrong move.

Good luck to Wilder, not sure promotion will be immediate unless we get a good start to the season... So forget the 3,6 and 9 months... But maybe in 12 months... ;)

For the purposes of this thread I predict we'll be down by Christmas with the only three points coming on Tufty's licence as he's chased down the M1 by pitchfork-wielding Blades.

This is why we need to wait and see how we play under new managers before lauding them.

Almost all of us fell for the Adkins appointment being the correct one, a lot fell for the Clough one and some (Pinchy) fell for the Weir one.

Keeping my powder dry on Wilder.

Last edited:
This is why we need to wait and see how we play under new managers before lauding them.

Almost all of us fell for the Adkins appointment being the correct one, a lot fell for the Clough one and some (pinchy) fell for the Weir one.

Keeping my powder dry on Willder.
I'm always optimistic in the close season as I'm a realist and I understand we'll probably fuck it up again somehow but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. At the moment, we've got a couple of months where we definitely won't lose any games so I'll enjoy it while I can.

I'm happy to admit I'm like a particularly excitable daft dog yet again. New manager, new season, blind optimism, can't wait to see the 2 acres of heaven again. The Blades are going up, my old man's a mushroom et cetera. NURSE ???!!!

Fuck the scouse cunt - will be judged as one of our worst ever managers.

Doesn't deserve discussing!

A cautionary note. Just remember the words of "The Who" (playing Sheffield 3/9/16). Here comes the new boss, same as the old boss - won't get fooled again.

On the appointment of Adkins I stated on another forum which shall be nameless that I didn't want to read any moans and groans and criticism of the Board through the entire season because they had appointed Adkins and his team which 95% of supporters had clamoured for. Let us say that most of us thought on paper it was a great appointment and we were full of hope. (Me until he gave everyone a chance, appointed JMac as captain and then picked Long for the first game).

But the point is, here is Wilder, who walks the walk and talks the talk. Maybe a different walk and talk, but it is the same stuff in a different way. Maybe he is saying the sort of thing that resonates with Blades fans because he does understand our psyche, but as we saw with Adkins talking a good game is no substitute for playing a good game.

I like Wilder because I think he knows what I like to call "us". But knowing "us" is still no substitute for having the financial support of the board, being lucky enough to sign the right players, keeping the right players and getting the whole to gel and perform. I think we must accept that this season could be exciting and an example of league 1 and 2 players storming the division or simply being outclassed in terms of ability and tactics whilst our board is overpowered by others with more cash to invest.

Whatever it turns out to be, please can we understand that if it fails it isn't entirely Wilder's fault. He has had three previous numpties mistakes to deal with. All I want is a team that tries for 96 minutes and a manager who doesn't fear the opposition and doesn't bullshit if he or they aren't good enough.

Back
Top Bottom