16/17 Season Finish Predictions

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

16/17 Season Finish Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Can't change your vote for those who wish to wait for any new players to sign.

Voters names available for told you so reasons.

When does voting close ?

End of April beginning of May 2017 sounds good .

I don't know, I genuinely don't fucking know.

I'll tell you one thing though I'm sick to the bastard back teeth of been stuck in this fucking division and our fans copping the blame for our moribund football we've had to endure.

If this doesn't work with wilder we have tried everything.

I think that we now have an excellent squad for this Division, what we have been crying out for is a manager who will keep the players motivated and not accept anything but total 100% commitment to the cause.

Chris Wilder is a breath of fresh air, he talks sense, in what is becoming an increasingly nonsensical world, I believe that very quickly his never say die attitude will become embedded throughout the squad and this will be our year :)

UTB

As it stands I'll go for scraping in the playoffs but if we can bring another CM in and a LM and hold on to most of our better players then there is nothing stopping us from challenging for the automatics.

Hmmmm. 5th. Wilder is indeed a breath of fresh air. However like his predecessors he has taken on a challis which the Footballing Gods consider to be not just poison, but beyond Hope.

We're doomed I tell thee, doomed....

I've gone for 2nd. We won't set the world alight, and won't be champions.

It'll be close and not without a tight finish, but I think we'll do it this season.

Can't believe the the apathy amongst you lot. How anybody can see us not finishing top is beyond me.

The difference this time is the character of the manager and the character of the players he's brought in.

Everyone of them battlers and leaders with proven lower league experience. Players who have turned down higher placed clubs and comfortable positions to stay where they were. They're winners and have fire in their bellies, seems more so than some of our fans.

Champions this next season, mark my words ;)

I've gone for 2nd.

We have the best attack in the league, 2 of the league's best midfielders ( with maybe a 3rd to come in) and a defence that I believe will do the job. Long scares me to death but I think we will have enough up top to smash most teams in this league.

Combine the above with an up & coming manager who knows how to get promotion and who absolutely will not accept anything less than 100%. The pieces are in place, surely to god we can do it this time. Oh and our luck has to change sometime :rolleyes:

I've gone for 2nd.

We have the best attack in the league, 2 of the league's best midfielders ( with maybe a 3rd to come in) and a defence that I believe will do the job. Long scares me to death but I think we will have enough up top to smash most teams in this league.

Combine the above with an up & coming manager who knows how to get promotion and who absolutely will not accept anything less than 100%. The pieces are in place, surely to god we can do it this time. Oh and our luck has to change sometime :rolleyes:

It's the 'do a job' bit that's worrying

I hadnt realised that the play off final is on May 20th when I had paid the deposit to go to my school reunion at Hinckley!

I hadnt realised that the play off final is on May 20th when I had paid the deposit to go to my school reunion at Hinckley!

You must have known it would be around that time - besides why would you want to go and watch a match we won't be involved in?

I think we will start slow. So many different combinations that have to gel. A little like Wednesday last season. The good thing is that if the league is anything like last season then we will have a chance to catch up if we do get off to an average start

It's the 'do a job' bit that's worrying

Compared to what we had at the back last season, we are already better off in defence. O'Connel looks solid and I can see Basham or Wilson making a decent partnership with him. Wright could also have an impact there. Long won't be as exposed as he was last season, but I still fancy him to drop the odd clanger.

I've gone for quite a safe option, 4th.

We'll have to sign another four decent players (GK, CB, CM, LM) before I tip us for automatic promotion. Realistically I don't expect us to fill all those positions in this transfer window.

We still look vulnerable at the back, even assuming that we sign a first choice CB to partner O'Connell. Not only Long, but Brayford and possibly Hussey are suspect defensively.

Wilder has never managed as high as L1 and we can't expect him to be faultless, as much as he seems that way so far.

When you look at Charlton, Bolton, MK Dons and Millwall you'd fancy at least two of them to finish above us.

Goals won't be a problem though, we have a plethora of attacking options including two 20 goal strikers, a very good provider in Duffy, a good attacking full back with good set play and open play delivery in Hussey, and I'm confident we'll sign someone to play on the left wing. Fleck in midfield is of a far higher calibre than anything we had last season and will help us have more of the ball.

Consistency and conceding goals is likely to be what holds us back. And the number of attacking options we have could see us trying to fit the odd player in to the detriment of the balance of the team. But we look like we've got more than enough to have a decent season.

I've gone for quite a safe option, 4th.

We'll have to sign another four decent players (GK, CB, CM, LM) before I tip us for automatic promotion. Realistically I don't expect us to fill all those positions in this transfer window.

We still look vulnerable at the back, even assuming that we sign a first choice CB to partner O'Connell. Not only Long, but Brayford and possibly Hussey are suspect defensively.

Wilder has never managed as high as L1 and we can't expect him to be faultless, as much as he seems that way so far.

When you look at Charlton, Bolton, MK Dons and Millwall you'd fancy at least two of them to finish above us.

Goals won't be a problem though, we have a plethora of attacking options including two 20 goal strikers, a very good provider in Duffy, a good attacking full back with good set play and open play delivery in Hussey, and I'm confident we'll sign someone to play on the left wing. Fleck in midfield is of a far higher calibre than anything we had last season and will help us have more of the ball.

Consistency and conceding goals is likely to be what holds us back. And the number of attacking options we have could see us trying to fit the odd player in to the detriment of the balance of the team. But we look like we've got more than enough to have a decent season.

Mirror my comments there Ricky. Im not comfortable with Wilson being our first choice (Though admittedly I'm basing that on his horror show at the Lane last season) and with Hussey and Brayford both being better going forward then at defending there are some worries

5th. There are problems at this club that a change of management will not solve. We will struggle at times. We'll also bag some 3-0s and have some wonderful afternoons. We will also record embarrasing defeats to poor clubs. We will also be disappointing. We'll be off the pace for the title. We'll finish 5th.

I can't get excited at a new manager at this stage. Remember last year, when everyone (me included) was yanking their dicks numb because we had Adkins, a creative, tactical manager who is forward thinking and was gonna usher us into a new era of modern football? Then we finished 11th and you all hate him now and you like Wilder because he's a Bladey Blade who takes no shit and shouts at people and probably does 2 footed tackles on Che Adams in training games. Can you not see the cycle here. We have the creative, friendly decent chap Who Wants To Bring Creative Football Back To This Great Club who ends up getting battered by physical sides and gets the sack. Then we get in a no-nonsense, Proper English Bangers And Mash manager who shouts a lot and has passion, and then that's not good enough so he gets the sack too.

Remember the massive groundswell of chirpy optimism behind Weir and Clough when they came in, then remember the heel turn from the fans when they fucked it up? There's so much more at play than who's choosing the 1st XI every Saturday. So you'll forgive me if I'm too jaded to get excited about it any more. This is our 6th season in the 3rd tier of English football, and we will finish 5th. Play off final if we're lucky.

5th. There are problems at this club that a change of management will not solve. We will struggle at times. We'll also bag some 3-0s and have some wonderful afternoons. We will also record embarrasing defeats to poor clubs. We will also be disappointing. We'll be off the pace for the title. We'll finish 5th.

I can't get excited at a new manager at this stage. Remember last year, when everyone (me included) was yanking their dicks numb because we had Adkins, a creative, tactical manager who is forward thinking and was gonna usher us into a new era of modern football? Then we finished 11th and you all hate him now and you like Wilder because he's a Bladey Blade who takes no shit and shouts at people and probably does 2 footed tackles on Che Adams in training games. Can you not see the cycle here. We have the creative, friendly decent chap Who Wants To Bring Creative Football Back To This Great Club who ends up getting battered by physical sides and gets the sack. Then we get in a no-nonsense, Proper English Bangers And Mash manager who shouts a lot and has passion, and then that's not good enough so he gets the sack too.

Remember the massive groundswell of chirpy optimism behind Weir and Clough when they came in, then remember the heel turn from the fans when they fucked it up? There's so much more at play than who's choosing the 1st XI every Saturday. So you'll forgive me if I'm too jaded to get excited about it any more. This is our 6th season in the 3rd tier of English football, and we will finish 5th. Play off final if we're lucky.

CW is out looking for you , he's heard that your faith is less than 100% , if you don't back us to finish as champions , he'll give you a lift over to to Swillsborough.

I don't know, I genuinely don't fucking know.

I'll tell you one thing though I'm sick to the bastard back teeth of been stuck in this fucking division and our fans copping the blame for our moribund football we've had to endure.

If this doesn't work with wilder we have tried everything.

Well there is getting rid of McCabe. But I don't know how you topple to a despot leader who won't leave.

Back
Top Bottom