All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thought we might get more than that, although that figure might go up with a signing or two......

Good effort at 12,500 I'd say. At this stage, would we really have folks willing to buy a ST based on a couple of signings?

Bradford are flogging ST's at £150 and so far have sold 16,000. Fair play to them, they must be confident of a good season. Mind you, last season so were we...

Still a fair way to go. I reckon with 2 or 3 names coming in (lest I say it, Billy Sharp), we may touch 14k.

Bradford may end up pushing us for highest attendance this season given their season ticket offer.

Not bad idea Charlton have come up with.

Charlton Athletic players have come up with an unusual way to reward fans in a bid to boost season ticket sales.

Their campaign #PlayerPledge kicks off today, with a squad member taking part in dares or forfeits for every 100 season tickets sold.

Captain Johnnie Jackson is leading the way and has committed to deliver the 100th ticket by hand.

Not the most exciting of dares perhaps, but it is when the 32-year-old appears at the wheel of Only Fools & Horses legendary three-wheeled Robin Reliant.

Peckham, the home of the BBC sitcom, is a heartland for Charlton supporters and one lucky fan will be able to meet their hero and collect their tickets.

Once Jackson has completed his pledge he will nominate a colleague to perform the next challenge.

Want to see which “plonker” the captain nominates to be Rodney to his Del Boy? Scroll down to watch the video below

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-fools-and-horses-robin-reliant-10358479.html

Interesting that Charlton season tickets start at £9 per home game.

I'm fairly confident a few signings will send that figure through the roof.

My lads mates haven't purchased yet. Signings or not, if you miss the cheap deadline you might as well hold onto your cash until the last minute.

I'd imagine there'd be more tha a few hundred purchase before the season starts.

UTB

My lads mates haven't purchased yet. Signings or not, if you miss the cheap deadline you might as well hold onto your cash until the last minute.

I'd imagine there'd be more tha a few hundred purchase before the season starts.

UTB
You'll end up being directly behind one of the two large pillars on the kop, being able to see sweet FA if left till last minute though.

I wish they had extended the discount when they changed the manger and we may have got nearer the 14k mark of last season.

12,500 is exceptional for League one for most sides but it think it is a bit under par for us.

Thanks, do you think we'll reach that? There was a lot of optimism at the start of last season which probably boosted numbers but I'm far more optimistic this year.

Can't see us reaching that figure again whilst we are at this level, almost everyone thought we would win The League last season before the pre season shambles, I think a lot of people are keeping their powder dry and seeing how we start off this season.

Probably didn't help that our early bird prices occurred when Clough was still manager. The thought of home games like last season probably put some people off. It would be nice to get to 15,000.

If Sharp comes in, I'm asking for a refund - and I haven't even got one..!

I'll be popping down to tear up my ST under the noses of McCabe and Jim Phipps as part of my "Morgan Must Go" Campaign. I could collect your nil refund whilst I'm there?

Not bought one yet. Big career change (as yet to be decided; considering a couple of things) on the horizon and just couldn't jump the gun when they were cheap, unfortunately. I do believe things will work out one way or t'other, but just couldn't commit at the time. Fully expect to be purchasing one in the very near future (so +3 including my two eldest!).

Well I can't get mine until I'm home from the US so that's one more

Good effort at 12,500 I'd say. At this stage, would we really have folks willing to buy a ST based on a couple of signings?

Bradford are flogging ST's at £150 and so far have sold 16,000. Fair play to them, they must be confident of a good season. Mind you, last season so were we...

Actually, they've sold "16,000 season tickets and flexi-cards". A flexi-card is £50, then you pay £10 per match. That means a flexi-card is a better buy if you're only going to go to 10 matches or fewer.

They don't specify how many of the 16,000 are season tickets and how many flexi-cards. If - for the sake of argument - it's half-and-half, that would give them an average home attendance of about 11,000 (plus 500 or so away fans). There won't be many more season tickets or flexi-cards sold, because the prices go through the roof on 5th July - and there won't be many pay on the day, because that's £25. (sounds like that's just a way to fleece away fans, as they're pretty much the only ones who will pay on the day).

Less fair play to them...

Trying something different instead of the "either you're a true fan, or you're not" approach is to be applauded. Were this scheme in place at BDTBL, I'd have a flexi card tomorrow.

Trying something different instead of the "either you're a true fan, or you're not" approach is to be applauded. Were this scheme in place at BDTBL, I'd have a flexi card tomorrow.

Same here. It seems like a really good idea.

It would be great if the club did take note of what Bradford are doing. I suppose Bradford need the incentives more than we do to fill their ground, however United shouldn't be too complacent with regards to the fans. I'd suspect we'd have 22,000 + season tickets and flexi cards if they were on offer at a similar value.

In hindsight United should have capitalised on bringing in Adkins and extending the prices for renewals to all for a certain period of time.

Nothing stopping them bringing it in now for the upcoming season if they wanted to boost sales. I'd be another who'd purchase one.

Back
Top Bottom