All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lol....I remember that number Brownie, used to be a premium rate number for all things Blades....if my memory is correct I would say it was late eighties, early nineties.

That was the number for Blades Club line. I think I rang it once to find out a score and in 3 and half mins I still couldn't find out so called Radio Hallam who told me.

I used to that number it to listen to the commentaries when I briefly had a flat in Brisbane. I didn't stay long enough to see the first phone bill. That must have been around 1990.

From memory, the intro went "Welcome to the Bladesline, on line 24 hrs a day seven days a week, bringing you all the latest news from Bramall Lane."

They used to put the Radio Sheffield Commentary on the line on match days, and I'd have it on speakerphone. I could be wrong, but wasn't KE doing the summarising way back then?

on the subject of numbers 01142291115 - had 2 calls claiming to be from The Lane, one a scouse woman and then a scouse bloke, maybe mr and mrs adkins? - once something about blades in the community and then about the superdraw? I guess they are after my money, both times they finsihed mid sentence and put the phone down - anyone else had this?

That's legit. Using a marketing company and contacting season ticket holder renewals to see if they want to join Superdraw.

That's legit. Using a marketing company and contacting season ticket holder renewals to see if they want to join Superdraw.
why put the phone down mid sentence though....

I had a call on the way back from my hols and said it was the superdraw she coughed said she was going to ring me back in 20 mins.... that was last Wedensday.... at least it's stopped ringing now though... as I had gotten 7 missed calls from that number lol

on the subject of numbers 01142291115 - had 2 calls claiming to be from The Lane, one a scouse woman and then a scouse bloke, maybe mr and mrs adkins? - once something about blades in the community and then about the superdraw? I guess they are after my money, both times they finsihed mid sentence and put the phone down - anyone else had this?

Yeah, I had the scouse bird on last week trying to enrol me for superdraw.

I had a Scouse bloke on that number who couldn't understand that I was already a Superdraw member so didn't want to join. It was hilarious, he just could not compute that if I was already a member, then why are you wasting my time and no I don't want to join again. Or he might have said something completely different in his Scouse accent and I didn't understand it. At first I thought it was Baxter asking me to stand his bail for him.

why put the phone down mid sentence though....

I had a call on the way back from my hols and said it was the superdraw she coughed said she was going to ring me back in 20 mins.... that was last Wedensday.... at least it's stopped ringing now though... as I had gotten 7 missed calls from that number lol

No idea. According to the clubs commercial department that's what's happening. Can't do it direct as there are only two working in Superdraw and they are currently looking at dates for Rooks to win the big prize again!!!!

Yeh i had a call asking me to support the academy by signing up for the super draw... i told them if my season ticket hadn't have just gone up by £300 i might have considered it!

Yes I have, a few times over the last 2 weeks, thought it was cold calling and never answered. Quite annoying if it's United doing this.

From memory, the intro went "Welcome to the Bladesline, on line 24 hrs a day seven days a week, bringing you all the latest news from Bramall Lane."

Welcome to the Bladesline, the voice of sheffieldunitedfootballclub. We're here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, bringing you all the neeeeeews, vieeeeews, intervieeeeeews - AND match commentary, DIRECT from BRAMALL LANE.

And don't forget the Blades pfffrffffrrrr Quizline on 0898888651, that's 0898888651, THIS IS THE BLADESLINE.

Reactions: Dkc

I had the exact same, asking me to enter the superdraw. She said all the extra money helps to pay for the academy. I felt like saying what's the point anyway when we only sell our best players and the rest aren't good enough but couldn't see the point.

Reactions: Dkc
I have had the call, found it strange it was a scouse lady, I was busy asked her to ring me back, she did, and then a second time. Fell for it, and joined. soft touch or what!

She asked me if I was looking forward to the new season and whether we had a chance of promotion.
"We?" I said "Who's we?, Birkenhead, Tranmere, Bootle, Knotty Ash?"
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

She asked me if I was looking forward to the new season and whether we had a chance of promotion.
"We?" I said "Who's we?, Birkenhead, Tranmere, Bootle, Knotty Ash?"
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I bet she laughed.....

I told them I was a pensioner living in Leeds and with a season ticket not prepared to put any more money into the club (all true), and haven't heard from them since.

Don't be too hard on them, they're just doing a job, and if it helps the Club then let them get on with it without giving them a hard time.

Back
Top Bottom