0114 447 0035

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WF10BLADE

Reaction score
Just missed a call from this number which I missed.

Rang back and got a message saying they were ringing to thank me for my support of SUFC. We will try back later.... This is the new charm offensive. Anyone else had a call ?

Yes - "would I like to give financial support to the Academy?"
I had one of those, told him my costs going to matches were as far as I was willing to invest at this stage and he immediately backed off, not pushy or owt.

Rang back and got a message saying they were ringing to thank me for my support of SUFC. We will try back later.... This is the new charm offensive. Anyone else had a call ?

Sorry did you say you missed the call?

I had one this summer. A scouse woman asking me if I was excited about the new season, and how Nigel Adkns was a great appointment and how we had so much to look forward to.

I asked her what the purpose of her call was, and she told me it was the exciting opportunity to invest in the future of Sheffield United by joining the Superdraw.

I then asked her what incentive I could enjoy for joining the Superdraw, brick in the wall, as I was aware that in the past you could get a free brick in the wall for joining up, she said there wasn't so I said thanks for the call but I'll not be joining on this occasion, however if in future I would join I would go down to Bramall Lane in person and do it that way, negating the requirement for any subsequent calls asking if I had changed my mind.

Fortunately I haven't had any further calls regarding this matter, however I had received one this week, the caller would have received a right Royal round of fucks......

I got another one of these calls on Tuesday night... as I was just about to leave to go to the game. Timing or what eh?! That's my second call now after the one I had in the summer. I really don't like these calls. It's not even like the people on the other end are good sales people either (I am a soft git at heart, I would have bought some if the person could have built some rapport with me) so I just end up pissed off at receiving the call and become quite abrupt with them. Stop the calls!

Anyone done the survey for season ticket holders on equality and diversity at the lane, LMAO
Have you ever heard foul and abusive language at Bramall Lane ................................ well I hadn't until Shrewsbury's fourth went in :D:D:D

I had one this summer. A scouse woman asking me if I was excited about the new season, and how Nigel Adkns was a great appointment and how we had so much to look forward to.

I asked her what the purpose of her call was, and she told me it was the exciting opportunity to invest in the future of Sheffield United by joining the Superdraw.

I then asked her what incentive I could enjoy for joining the Superdraw, brick in the wall, as I was aware that in the past you could get a free brick in the wall for joining up, she said there wasn't so I said thanks for the call but I'll not be joining on this occasion, however if in future I would join I would go down to Bramall Lane in person and do it that way, negating the requirement for any subsequent calls asking if I had changed my mind.

Fortunately I haven't had any further calls regarding this matter, however I had received one this week, the caller would have received a right Royal round of fucks......
Yeah I got a call from the super draw, after the chap waffled on about how United will start playing better in time. I told him I was already a member of the super draw, he then went on to say would you like to join a second time. I was like errh no.

I got another one of these calls on Tuesday night... as I was just about to leave to go to the game. Timing or what eh?! That's my second call now after the one I had in the summer. I really don't like these calls. It's not even like the people on the other end are good sales people either (I am a soft git at heart, I would have bought some if the person could have built some rapport with me) so I just end up pissed off at receiving the call and become quite abrupt with them. Stop the calls!
It's called the numbers game in the sales world it's common to use this form of looking for business. It obviously works or companies wouldn't continue to use it,leaflet deliveries are built around the same idea,most football clubs I would think use it as it is proven to be successful. It's all part of modern day business.

It's called the numbers game in the sales world it's common to use this form of looking for business. It obviously works or companies wouldn't continue to use it,leaflet deliveries are built around the same idea,most football clubs I would think use it as it is proven to be successful. It's all part of modern day business.

Its a common game played by idiots. It isn't a "sales" tactic its a strategy dreamed up by someone in the boardroom and metered out by people who clearly know fuck all about selling as a profession. I laugh when I hear shit like this, or someone sends something from surveymonkey etc etc. It's lazy and is canvassing, don't ever confuse it with selling because it isn't. It's what you get when some cunt in Marketing has an apparent "lightbulb" moment.

Oh and all those battery chickens in call centres, they aren't sales people either, nor are the pricks who knock on your door trying to budgeon you into submission on energy packages or somesuch. Proper sales people are trained, build relationships with people and actually try and provide something there is a genuine need for. They provide a reason to buy that isn't just "look at us its the same shit but cheaper".

Other tactics include mass dropping of leaflets, spamming your email with useless bollocks, SMS messages from people you don't know or care about, cold calling (urgghh) or just randomly dropping a team of people into an area and knocking on every fucking door they see. They are cunts, it is dreamed up by cunts and executed by cunts.

P.S you may take from this I get a little irked by people mistaking a random call for a sales strategy or "game". You would be right.

Its a common game played by idiots. It isn't a "sales" tactic its a strategy dreamed up by someone in the boardroom and metered out by people who clearly know fuck all about selling as a profession. I laugh when I hear shit like this, or someone sends something from surveymonkey etc etc. It's lazy and is canvassing, don't ever confuse it with selling because it isn't. It's what you get when some cunt in Marketing has an apparent "lightbulb" moment.

Oh and all those battery chickens in call centres, they aren't sales people either, nor are the pricks who knock on your door trying to budgeon you into submission on energy packages or somesuch. Proper sales people are trained, build relationships with people and actually try and provide something there is a genuine need for. They provide a reason to buy that isn't just "look at us its the same shit but cheaper".

Other tactics include mass dropping of leaflets, spamming your email with useless bollocks, SMS messages from people you don't know or care about, cold calling (urgghh) or just randomly dropping a team of people into an area and knocking on every fucking door they see. They are cunts, it is dreamed up by cunts and executed by cunts.

P.S you may take from this I get a little irked by people mistaking a random call for a sales strategy or "game". You would be right.

Would I be correct in assuming you are a salesperson :) ?

I've had a couple of calls about the Superdraw. Found it quite irritating that they called me by my first name and both started with the annoying "How are you enjoying the season so far?". Not at all, thanks, and I'm no more interested in the Superdraw than I was a month ago.

Would I be correct in assuming you are a salesperson :) ?

I have a commercial and sales background, it isn't my official title but if we aren't splitting hairs then yes, that is what I do. Are you Saul Goodman? :)

I have a commercial and sales background, it isn't my official title but if we aren't splitting hairs then yes, that is what I do. Are you Saul Goodman? :)

Yes.

I thought you would only get a rant like that from someone in the game as it were.

Philosophically though, what you deride as "not sales" is, in fact, sales. It might be bad sales, but it is still sales. I mean, if you got beaten up by the police, you might choose to get legal advice from Crouchy rather than me. He would probably give you shit legal advice, but it would still be legal advice.

It's probably super draw or Hammond calling on behalf of Adkins

Nah, he’d send him door to door on foot to get his pro-zone stats up. If he started after the game on Tuesday from Cherry Street and has been sprinting the entire time, I reckon he might reach Shoreham Street later today.

Yes.

I thought you would only get a rant like that from someone in the game as it were.

Philosophically though, what you deride as "not sales" is, in fact, sales. It might be bad sales, but it is still sales. I mean, if you got beaten up by the police, you might choose to get legal advice from Crouchy rather than me. He would probably give you shit legal advice, but it would still be legal advice.

Based on that assumption I can give legal advice to someone and that would make me a lawyer.

Based on that assumption I can give legal advice to someone and that would make me a lawyer.

No, but you would be giving legal advice. Just as if I said to you "buy my collection of SUFC programmes from the late 70's and it will make you irresistible to women", I would be selling.

No, but you would be giving legal advice. Just as if I said to you "buy my collection of SUFC programmes from the late 70's and it will make you irresistible to women", I would be selling.

No you wouldn't you would be lying and there in lies the misconception. The art of a good sell is you get something you want and need, I get money and we both leave happy. In the case of the programme you would leave happy and I would want to hunt you down and skin you for lying.

If they call me I shall be very tactful ...... and tell them to take a fuck off tablet ! The really big ones that are hard to swallow so you have to break them up into bits and take them a bit at a time .....

UTB & FTP

No you wouldn't you would be lying and there in lies the misconception. The art of a good sell is you get something you want and need, I get money and we both leave happy. In the case of the programme you would leave happy and I would want to hunt you down and skin you for lying.

I'm lying and I am selling, the two are not mutually exclusive.

Call me cynical, but I rather suspect most people who make a living selling rarely agonise as to whether the person buying what they have to sell really wants and needs it. I mean when a fatty goes into a shop and buys 10 Mars Bars, the shopkeeper doesn't always say "you clearly have a weight problem, I don't think you really need that confectionary".

If they call me I shall be very tactful ...... and tell them to take a fuck off tablet ! The really big ones that are hard to swallow so you have to break them up into bits and take them a bit at a time .....

UTB & FTP
Why? They're human beings doing a job, probably one they don't like much and probably because they can't get anything better. It's only the Superdraw, it's not like those twats who phone you up saying you've had a car crash when they know full well they're just guessing you might have.
Just say no thanks and put the phone down.

Couldn't agree with you more Bladesway but as I said it's a tool that works otherwise companies wouldn't use it ,the only way to avoid it is to live like an hermit with no contact with the outside world

I'm lying and I am selling, the two are not mutually exclusive.

Call me cynical, but I rather suspect most people who make a living selling rarely agonise as to whether the person buying what they have to sell really wants and needs it. I mean when a fatty goes into a shop and buys 10 Mars Bars, the shopkeeper doesn't always say "you clearly have a weight problem, I don't think you really need that confectionary".

Ah but there you have a difference. If fatty goes into a shop with a need, fatty knows that the mars bars will potentially kill him/her. In fact you could argue fatty is probably better versed than most about the pros and cons of a mars bar. No sales is actually required over "I want 10 of them" You could say you haven't so much sold it as just provided a service.

With the football programme what you have done is gilded the lily with something that is factually incorrect when you have mis-sold to programme. You see the clue is in the name. You haven't sold it have you? You may have exchanged money for something but that isn't the half of it Something that could be proved to be incorrect if put to any number of women. However, if said person believed that the football Programme would make them irresistible to women and you said nothing one way or the other then that is a totally different bag. You have serviced a need and that is that. A client rings me up and says I need X, and I provide X then assuming both parties are happy I have sold X. If I said X did something it didn't then I am a lying toad who should be taken to with the splintered broom handle.

By the way, the sweeping generalisation that most sales people don't care about what they sell is as misplaced as black people being needed in our first XI because of "reasons". I'll grant you there are good and bad in any profession but most people care about what they do for a living in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom