£8m

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade58

Once a Blade, always a daft ****
Reaction score
Apparently, Jim Phipps on FB has posted, amongst other things that the investment in the first year stands at £8m

Quote:

"Regarding the investment, in the first year of our participation in the club, we put in GBP 8 Million. More is coming in yet and the club is healthy and able to do business."

Bearing in mind we haven't paid out any substantial fees for any players, unless someone knows differently and that McCabe has wiped off his debt, coupled with the cup run money and Harry money and we've had a slight upturn in ST sales, as well as pay on the day ticket sales, I'd be interested to see where the extra £8m has gone?

Are we still hemorrhaging money like there's no tomorrow, or has the club managed to kerb the operating losses it's been suffering in previous seasons?

When answering, please take into consideration that the club cannot operate outside FFP rules

In league one/two the rules allow for a 'sugar daddy' approach from the owners. Not so in the championship.

Are we still hemorrhaging money like there's no tomorrow, or has the club managed to kerb the operating losses it's been suffering in previous seasons?

Well piggies get massive gates and more tv money than us in the championship but report 6/7 m losses
out going exceeds incoming nearly everywhere in football

Well we had to pay off weir and his staff, cancelled the contracts of Williams and king, we got an expensive loan in Brayford, signed Harris last season, then we signed 9 players this summer. Even if signings are 'free' they still cost money in signing on fee's and agents fee's....

So those alone would be a few million I would have thought. Also, didn't McCabe say at one point the other year he was having to spend 1M a month to keep the club running? Maybe some of that 8M investment was too keep the club going whilst they sorted other things out and stablished things.

A large portion of the cup run money has been invested in having a new pitch for the start of 2015/2016, and the Harry money may be '2.5M', but that's in installments and what we do have of that is probably sitting in the bank waiting to be spent.

I thought as part of the takeover McCabe wrote off all his debt.

I think things are a lot healthier than they were, plus the increased crowds will surely be helping with the previous month to month losses.

Yes we are competitive now

Yes, we also have a squad with some depth

But we are hardly world beaters, who look nailed on for promotion

If the Prince has lumped in to the tune of £8m in the first year, without a serious signing (not that this guarantees owt), I just wonder how long it will continue?

Wow. IF those figures are real then it's time they had an in depth look at our costs.

Given the cup run, player sales, fantastic gates and shirt sales...... Followed by uninspiring signings, this raises so many questions.

UTB

I believe just to break even then 5m put in by investors would be the bare minimum

anyone know what we pay in council tax ?
policing
insurances
I believe PAYE is the killer

Well we had to pay off weir and his staff, cancelled the contracts of Williams and king, we got an expensive loan in Brayford, signed Harris last season, then we signed 9 players this summer. Even if signings are 'free' they still cost money in signing on fee's and agents fee's....

So those alone would be a few million I would have thought. Also, didn't McCabe say at one point the other year he was having to spend 1M a month to keep the club running? Maybe some of that 8M investment was too keep the club going whilst they sorted other things out and stablished things.

A large portion of the cup run money has been invested in having a new pitch for the start of 2015/2016, and the Harry money may be '2.5M', but that's in installments and what we do have of that is probably sitting in the bank waiting to be spent.

I thought as part of the takeover McCabe wrote off all his debt.

I think things are a lot healthier than they were, plus the increased crowds will surely be helping with the previous month to month losses.

Don't forget the signage on the Lane End stand.

we only got 1m of harry money up front , the new pitch uses that
WE NEVER SEE THE WHOLE PICTURE ON INCOMING AS ITS ALWAYS UNDISCLOSED FEE
Just like we haven't recieved all the Harry money, we haven't paid out all the money for signings.

UTB

"Regarding the investment, in the first year of our participation in the club, we put in GBP 8 Million. More is coming in yet and the club is healthy and able to do business."

but like all purchases , can only buy when the shops open and the stocks on display

Even if signings are 'free' they still cost money in signing on fee's and agents fee's....

.[/QUOTE]really ,well thank god you mentioned it i thought they were given away at foodbanks and why hasnt anyone mentioned this before ?

Cant be reyt ,we are being conned they should be called not free you still have to pay wages and signing on fee transfers

Or NFYSHTPWASOFT's for short

but like all purchases , can only buy when the shops open and the stocks on display

....but as I understand it the Princes' money was specifically only to go on players, and not operating costs.
Have we really spent that much on these players?

WOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....................................................
Renting a home doesn't come cheap. ;)

QUE ? excuse ? clubs all of them pay in dribs and drabs
we need outside investment for paying wages bills etc , gates dont bring in nearly enough
You seem to constantlly suggest that we can't count on money from sales because it doesn't come straight away. You then seem to suggest that we've spent more money on signings that will need funding. It works both ways.

If a club with our support, debt free, has needed £8m of investment then I think real questions should be asked.

You are incredibly "trusting".

UTB

I never implied that just saying 1 mill in so far maybe 500k out altogether only leaves 500k , which is a couple of weeks or so wage bill ,
13000 st at 300 on average is 3.9 mill and we have decent gates

wages are way above that
not trusting realistic

I never implied that just saying 1 mill in so far maybe 500k out altogether only leaves 500k , which is a couple of weeks or so wage bill ,
13000 st at 300 on average is 3.9 mill and we have decent gates

wages are way above that
not trusting realistic
Are they ?
How much exactly ?
Im really glad you know this as ive been wanting to know all season just what exactly is our wage bill ?

Or is it a secret ?

Surely the £8m will be in the accounts. I think he'd be foolish to lie given it will be in the public domain.

I wouldn't spend £8m of my cash in football!

Back
Top Bottom