Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Balham Blade

Goodbye, Rhian Brewster

Agreed. Mousset: PL goals against Everton, Arsenal (+2pts), West Ham (+1pt), Man U (+1pt), Wolves (+2pts), Spurs PL assists against Burnley (x3!), Man U, Bournemouth Brewster No PL goals No PL assists I'd also not realised what a line in the sand lockdown was for Mousset. All but one of those...
  2. Balham Blade

Tim Ream

We need a tifo with Ream's face above the words "Tim Ream's Rim Team" or we may as well give up and go home*. *which 40% will probably do by half time anyway.
  3. Balham Blade

Top goalscorer / Assists

I'm not sure how they define a chance in this context but Hamer takes set pieces, as does Norwood. Those will inflate the numbers.
  4. Balham Blade

Blades Band Names

Hecky and the McBurniemen, surely? Grbic BAsh John Tudor Cinema Club (nice completion of the circle there)
  5. Balham Blade

U21s v Millwall

Finished 0-3. We stay 3rd on 41 from 21 games, a point behind South Barnsley Massive Young Uns (42 from 24) and three behind Birmingham (44 from 24) but with three games to make up on both.
  6. Balham Blade

Bettis radio sheff tomorrow

No. I'm just saying you picked some ridiculous comparisons. McBurnie was as good as we could have hoped for as an unfashionable club promoted against expectations and then widely excited to finish rock bottom.
  7. Balham Blade

Bettis radio sheff tomorrow

I've read some nonsense on here over the years but this is right up there. McBurnie scored 22 in 42 at the age of 22 the season before we signed him for £17m Leon Clarke: scored 19 in 39 as a 32/33 year old. That is the only time he's ever managed double figures in the second tier. Ivan...
  8. Balham Blade

Anel is wank

£12.6m signing. Even better.
  9. Balham Blade

Anel is wank

One thing we've been consistent on since Abdullah got sole control is setting valuations for players and sticking to them. We won't make a loss on Souza. In fact I'd expect us to double the £7ish million we spent on him. Anel I would imagine will have a price tag of £12-15m. Just as with...
  10. Balham Blade

What's happened with Ampadu

Most of the complaints about Ampadu centred on a lack of desire rather than a lack of ability. He was a loanee who was never going to turn the tide in that dreadful 20/21 season. For Ampadu then, see Souza now, noting that the latter's lack of effort is less acceptable as he's our player.
  11. Balham Blade

Forest deducted four points

Egan was "a club record deal". Given that our record before was Beattie for £4m it's safe to assume that Egan was slightly above that. Norwood was a £750k loan fee followed by a £1.25m loan to perm.
  12. Balham Blade

2024/2025 Squad Planning

Reasonable assessment Champers. The point about better managers also applies to well-run teams: it's borderline ridiculous that so many of our first team players are out of contract at the same time. I think it's almost inevitable that we'll sign a keeper, unless there's a belief that Amissah...
  13. Balham Blade

Forest deducted four points

On June 30th, 2019 our squad had cost around £9m. Nearly half of that was on John Egan (£4m) with a futher £2m on Oli Norwood. The only other players to have cost us anything were Lundstram (£700k), Stearman (£600k), Sharp (£500k), O'Connell (£400k), Moore (£250k), Baldock (£250k), Lavery...
  14. Balham Blade

Can United and Burnley both do Luton a favour?

They'll be in P&S trouble with the football league as well as they made a loss of £50m in their promotion season.
  15. Balham Blade

Souza off!?

Intial fee somewhere in the region of €6m, total including add-ons around double that. There will be a sell-on clause as well.
  16. Balham Blade

Outgoing? Wes Foderingham

First choice keepers in the last 20 years: Kenny (from 02/03) to 08/09 Bunn 09/10 Simonsen 10/11 & 11/12 Long/Howard 12/13, 13/14 & 15/16 Howard 14/15 Moore 16/17 & 17/18 Henderson 18/19 & 19/20 Ramsdale 20/21 Foderingham 21/22 to 23/24 Foderingham would be fourth on that list for me, behind...
  17. Balham Blade

Outgoing? Wes Foderingham

GLTTL. He'll end up in America as no-one likely to be in the Premier League next season will be remotely interested in 33 year old Wes Foderingham.
  18. Balham Blade

Samuel strikes again

Possibly Aaron Ramsey at a push.
  19. Balham Blade

Amad Diallo

Bakayaro? Left backs currently on the books, U21s up Yasser Larouci - loan ends May 2024 Max Lowe - out of contract June 2024 Rhys Norrington-Davies - out of contract June 2024 Harry Boyes - contract to June 2025, on loan at Fleetwood (L1) Jili Buyabu - contract to June 2027, was on loan at...
  20. Balham Blade

Good news in the next couple of weeks?

There was a big hoo-hah when the hotel was transferred from SU Ltd to another arm of the Scarborough Group for £1 a few years ago, despite certain sages (you and me amongst them, IIRC) pointing out that it was loss-making and therefore better off away from the football club. A quick search of...
  21. Balham Blade

Samuel strikes again

Relatively, maybe. This side would be comfortably top 6 in the Championship though and would wipe the floor with the Derby side of 2007/08.
  22. Balham Blade

Samuel strikes again

Coming back to this: Burnley may be one of "the poorest teams ever to play in the Premier League" but they've invested a stupid amount of money and will be utterly reliant on player sales next year to stay solvent. On the other hand, we'll make our third book profit in three PL seasons which is...
  23. Balham Blade

Samuel strikes again

A man doesn't get to the size of Martin Samuel without avoiding putting effort in wherever and whenever possible.
  24. Balham Blade

Archer

If Villa don't have to buy him back we will have a £20m hole to fill (more importantly a £10m cash shortfall)
  25. Balham Blade

Archer

Mostly correct but not entirely. The bit in bold is wrong; United's accounts for 23/24 will show an £18m addition and a £4.5m cost. Villa's will show an £18m profit (and another similar amount from selling Jacob Ramsey to Burnley). Archer is a Villa academy product so his registration had at...
  26. Balham Blade

Wilder meeting with Prince.

They should have done. That store didn't make any losses (well, it didn't when I worked for JL and that was before the favourable new lease) but JL is run from a central London office staffed, unfortunately, by well meaning idiots who would have looked at gravitational modelling and decided that...
  27. Balham Blade

Memorable free kicks at the lane

McMahon’s goals all came away, 2 at Crawley and one at Oxford. 1-1 v Portsmouth 3-0 v West Ham. We absolutely battered them. My brother and I were in the BL upper in line with Tonge’s superlative free kick and I left the Lane thinking we’d stay up easily. Oops.
  28. Balham Blade

Relegation run in - Last 10

Just goes to show how bad Forest, Burnley and Brentford have been that they're all worse this year than the Worst Premier League Side EVER (TM).
  29. Balham Blade

Relegation run in - Last 10

Not quite true... Both us and Forest have played 8 league games this calendar year. We've got 5 points from ours (draws against West Ham & Bournemouth, win at Luton) while Forest have 4 (draw against Bournemouth, win against West Ham). Obviously when we've lost we've tended to get hammered but...
  30. Balham Blade

McBurnie and Jebbo future

McBurnie made 38 league appearances last season with 25 starts. He was on the pitch for 2,225 minutes which works out at just under 25 full matches. That puts his strike rate at over 1 in 2 which is great no matter the level. The issue with McBurnie is twofold: his strengths at Championship...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom