Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Flatulent_Bob

Would you want Ndiaye back

Don’t be a fanny.
  2. Flatulent_Bob

Player contracts

The last question remains. What was the fee?
  3. Flatulent_Bob

Outgoing? Grbic

Harold Ivo was a highly thought of professional in his field, right up until his most recent and most regrettable period.......
  4. Flatulent_Bob

Dele Alli?

Due to his time out I would suspect a period of genius followed by a few regular injuries is most likely, but if you could get a second season out of him then I would see significant benefit from him, rather like Davies. However, whoever takes the risk is also most likely to suffer from the...
  5. Flatulent_Bob

Dele Alli?

I’d love us to sign him. His story is horrendous and I’d really enjoy it if he could start a come back with us.
  6. Flatulent_Bob

Vini Souza

Sounds like a genuine plot from an episode of The Manageress.
  7. Flatulent_Bob

Player Suggestion Jacob Greaves

If Greaves is all that, and I'm still yet to be convinced, I think it will be as a longer term replacement for Robinson. I don't think for a moment we're looking at that kind of purchase this close season, and it makes a lot more sense if they're building up a view of targets for short, medium...
  8. Flatulent_Bob

Incoming? Ashley Phillips

I don't think Egan will be here, and if we're really largely refreshing our defence I don't think you sign him for the likely cost you'll be paying out. I also think realistically we'll be looking to move to a back four, so I think Worrall and Robinson would be most likely out of your options...
  9. Flatulent_Bob

Incoming? Ashley Phillips

I can only imagine Souttar would be on loan though, given what Leicester paid out for him and will want some return on. I'm personally not a huge fan of his, and think he was hugely overated. That said, those three aren't a terrible base to build from if that's your back 3. At Championship level...
  10. Flatulent_Bob

Player Suggestion Viktor Johansson

Too late. Signing both were a guarantee of promotion for West Brom, two seasons ago.
  11. Flatulent_Bob

Player contracts

Was it? If you’re saying it was then that’s good enough for me but I thought the contract couldn't be agreed which is why it didn’t proceed to agreeing a fee. At which point City touted him out and did the dodgy deal with Wolves. What was the fee out of interest?
  12. Flatulent_Bob

Player contracts

We didn’t have the fee to get Doyle. It would have been £15-20m to do that deal and we don’t have it. Doyle and Arblaster would have been a great future pairing though.
  13. Flatulent_Bob

larouci

You're*
  14. Flatulent_Bob

CONFIRMED Points deduction to start next season

Ok. Then yes we’re talking at cross purposes.
  15. Flatulent_Bob

You were taking in the next few seasons, or were you only meaning historic. In which case they have no relevance on next season and we can move on?
  16. Flatulent_Bob

You’ve said, hypothetically there is a £80-100m debt to cover if we aren’t promoted back to the PL. I’ve asked where you’ve got your figures from and you’ve provided Southampton as a comparison. It’s really simple. Where are our debts that leave us exposed to a £80-100m financial black hole...
  17. Flatulent_Bob

It’s nonsense though? Southamptons costs were and continue to be, much higher than ours. Their wage bill is massively higher, they have transfer fee payments outstanding and their running costs are also much higher, but how does their costs relate in any way to us? So I’ll ask again, where is...
  18. Flatulent_Bob

Are you going to answer my question about where you got your inflated figures from? Why do we need to find £80-100m next season?
  19. Flatulent_Bob

I'm really not sure where you are getting the 80-100m from for next season? Last season, and the season before it was due to owed payments incured during the PL seasons, mainly the likes of Brewster, Berge, Ramsdale and McBurnie. Where do you believe this 80-100m black hole is coming from for...
  20. Flatulent_Bob

Recruitment

David McGoldrick.
  21. Flatulent_Bob

Another nail in the PL coffin...

I'm not in any way proposing it, it's just what I can easily see happening. On the plus side, our last game of the season will always be our last regular season game, if that makes you feel any better.
  22. Flatulent_Bob

Another nail in the PL coffin...

I can see a end of season lucrative "playoff" style tournament being setup between the top 7 teams, similar to NFL and it being held in Saudi or the US to decide some "Championship". 6 guaranteed games held Sunday, Wednesday, Sunday at the end of the "regular season" as a curtain call, after...
  23. Flatulent_Bob

Arblaster

It didn't, but I not sure Hamer, Blaster and Bogle have the creativity as the three, also Wilder has consistently liked a 2 up top if he can. I'd personally prefer someone who can play more box to box like Ollie or Davies playing as one of the two so when you have more of the ball they can push...
  24. Flatulent_Bob

Arblaster

We're more likely to see sides sit in next season though. Do you want two holding in that case?
  25. Flatulent_Bob

Don’t underestimate Luton.

Id love to jump onboard this, but I heard the same about Burnley last time and it’s been touted as the same for next season. Heard it about Leeds, and Leicester too.
  26. Flatulent_Bob

Player Suggestion Out of Contract (2024)

We can’t get him on a pre-contract as we’re the same country. We’d have to wait until the summer with everyone else and I’m sure he’ll try and drag it out as long as possible.
  27. Flatulent_Bob

What can be learned from this season?

If we don’t go up in the next two seasons then the club as you’ve known it for the past 7-8 seasons will have gone. Given the investment available from the owner it’ll be back to McCabe times at best, having to sell promising players at the first reasonable bid and hovering between mid-table and...
  28. Flatulent_Bob

Player Suggestion Michael Cooper -Plymouth

You’d doubt any PL side being interested or those promoted so if we wanted to do a deal you’d think it would be obtainable. Same with the Rotherham keeper but it depends if we’re interested.
  29. Flatulent_Bob

Player Suggestion Michael Cooper -Plymouth

He’s going to have just a year on his contract so you’d think we could afford him anyway if he’s the one we want?
  30. Flatulent_Bob

What can be learned from this season?

I think to point 1, your style needs to be already embedded. so you're adding to it rather than trying to create or rebuild it. I'm actually pretty confident Wilder can establish this over the next 2 seasons to ensure we're at least organised and well drilled. I'm genuinely looking forward to...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom