Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. JohnDenver

Gordon Cowans

As a nipper I knew nothing but Bassett’s teams. No slight on them whatsoever (stand down, Pinchy), but Cowans heralded my first exposure to a different and more beautiful model of football. All the best to Mr Cowans and family.
  2. JohnDenver

24/25 Season Tickets

Somewhere on the south coast, timbers are being shivered in furious approval…
  3. JohnDenver

Grbic

4. JohnDenver

Paddypower taking the piss

Paddy Power do some funny social media. They also exploit the vulnerable and addicted in order to get ever wealthier. So, yeah, three cheers for Paddy Power…
  5. JohnDenver

Souza off!?

I’d go the other way, as I don’t think his touch and speed of thought are sufficiently good to play high. He could be a good centre back.
  6. JohnDenver

BladesPod - latest episodes

The chap behind the Adkins lap of honour “This is what we think of you” is our very own raul isn’t it?
  7. JohnDenver

Bettis radio sheff tomorrow

Are we committed to buy the training ground, and is it costed and funded? How can we plan the necessary squad rebuild without a head of recruitment, a coach contracted beyond this season, and/or a director of football? Just what is it about your eyesss, Stephen…
  8. JohnDenver

New regulator

Deborah Meaden would take them out the back and put a bullet between their eyes.
  9. JohnDenver

Wilder meeting with Prince.

Aye, the Storror lads have put on some timber.
  10. JohnDenver

Training Centre - Will it ever be completed and open?

Maybe we should put in a lowball offer for all their training equipment, like when we bought Darlington’s big tele.
  11. JohnDenver

Training Centre - Will it ever be completed and open?

I’d love to know what their owner is up to. He’s says he’s potless and trying to sell. But it’s been going on for years, so could they have resorted to this measure earlier and stabilised the club for the medium term? Rather than drop through the divisions and get deeper in the mire... It...
  12. JohnDenver

Wilder meeting with Prince.

My sympathy is in short supply, not because he’s a millionaire rather than a billionaire, but because he’s had years to sell up at a profit. He either really wants the kudos of owning the club, or he’s after more profit than the market will offer. The acid test of ownership is where he leaves...
  13. JohnDenver

Wilders reaction at Bournemouth

Any thoughts on overweight owners?
  14. JohnDenver

2024/2025 Squad Planning

My concern is us losing a bunch of senior players without the capacity to replace. We’ve seen what a lack of experience can lead to this season, and it’s scary. Everything points to McBurnie, Baldock, Fods and Egan not accepting reduced terms. Basham and Norwood being released. And us...
  15. JohnDenver

CONFIRMED Mitchell gone

Anarcho syndicalist. ✊
  16. JohnDenver

CONFIRMED Mitchell gone

It could also be done by committee. Whatever provides continuity across managerial appointments, alignment between all elements of the club, and a medium/long term strategy - I’d be all for it. Get everyone together, figure it out, write it down, implement it.
  17. JohnDenver

Times Article - Infuriating

I honestly don’t feel that. It’s odd, but I turn up completely devoid of adrenaline because the season ended last summer. When the kids came on vs Arsenal the fans left in the ground genuinely supported them. I even clapped them off (and Baldock). It’s football but only as subtext. 🤷‍♂️
  18. JohnDenver

CONFIRMED HSBC Sports Ground - New first team training centre

If it’s less likely that’s seriously depressing. The least we should expect from this year of utter purgatory is some infrastructure investment.
  19. JohnDenver

Ha! I was one of their last hires before they binned half the staff. Was only around for a few months, during which I learned how they’d been the banker of choice for drug cartels, helping launder billions. And the working culture was as poisonous and grasping as I’ve known. Management were...
  20. JohnDenver

Even if they hadn’t cut the Sheffield headcount so drastically, there’s something quaintly outdated about a bank looking after its staff’s health and well-being. Never in a million years does such a facility get built again. The last vestige of Midland Bank….
  21. JohnDenver

It doesn’t surprise me that HSBC would wish to sell given their hugely reduced commitment to Sheffield. It really would surprise me if SUFC’s owner commits to this investment. I presume the land isn’t available for housing if it’s even remotely within our means?
  22. JohnDenver

What minute did you leave?

Travelling Blade was on 5-Live today discussing leaving early and our general predicament. Thought he gave a fair account. I stayed to the end. Having sat through every minute of every home game, why stop now? Thought the kids we played second half deserved some backing, and let’s be fair -...
  23. JohnDenver

What HAVE they done to country's most popular sport?

I think there’s every chance they marmalise the Championship again next year.
  24. JohnDenver

What HAVE they done to country's most popular sport?

I’ll grant that both promoted teams have made a mess of preparing for the step up. Burnley absolutely ran away with the division last season, yet now look like a team of kids, whereas we actively divested just to stay solvent. The structural problems in the game are blindingly obvious to...
  25. JohnDenver

Brewster

Hecky used to say there was too much give in our training pitch. :) Footy is an awash with money at the top. I’ve no doubt that sports scientists and medics know exactly the strains on today’s players. It’s no coincidence the rules are changing to allow the top clubs to sustain higher...
  26. JohnDenver

Spot the Ball for MollysMarch and Weston Park Hospital

mattbianco1 - sent some money. If it’s not gone I’ll have Rangers. Because no bugger else will, and I know raul will be jealous.
  27. JohnDenver

Full marks to Fulham

McAtee did the same thing in the last home game. I’d be embarrassed to do that in front of a crowd and a global TV audience but somehow elite footballers are immune to that feeling…
  28. JohnDenver

The Ramsdale Effect - Should this now be the season's focus...

We could turn a small profit on Souza. The rest have depreciated. May as well keep them.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom