Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. alcoblade

24/25 Season Tickets

"Most people" I know seem to think sharing tickets will be much easier with the phone / barcode version (?)
  2. alcoblade

24/25 Season Tickets

Not sure if you mean this (or if it's already been covered) but there's a simple option on offer to stick with your existing card on renewal.
  3. alcoblade

The carnage on the pitch...

I take it this is a joke?
  4. alcoblade

24/25 Season Tickets

I "think" there's a bit of a myth around this these days. I've looked a few times to book tickets for some European matches. Though it seems that clubs like to have a small section for very cheap ticket prices (for PR reasons), most of the tickets seem very comparable with UK prices.
  5. alcoblade

24/25 Season Tickets

This Saturday - 3pm - a rarity so out on the lash with the lads after. I can't fucking wait. On reflection, there's plenty to be excited about in the championship next season. :)
  6. alcoblade

24/25 Season Tickets

With match day prices these days, crowds (everywhere) are largely dictated by season ticket sales.
  7. alcoblade

24/25 Season Tickets

I “bet” it isn’t. Everyone I know will renew, but with low enthusiasm. I think the squad rebuild will raise interest a bit.
  8. alcoblade

Unshameful holiday post

Wooosh. 😀
  9. alcoblade

Bettis radio sheff tomorrow

I meant define what "long term planning" actually means, not that planning itself is guff. ;)
  10. alcoblade

We were in severe financial distress during the time when those contracts would have normally been looked at, so probably not in a position to nearly meet their expectations. That may prove to be a blessing, as they’re clearly not up to pushing us on. That’s not to say the alternatives will be...
  11. alcoblade

Didn’t he intimate that we’ve got more options on contracts than people realise?
  12. alcoblade

Robinson - Burke, takes some explanation. Whatever recruitment process Burke got through needs a total overhaul.
  13. alcoblade

To me, it reads like got the funds, but not the cash flow until future payments are received. Can you clarify what seems odd to you?
  14. alcoblade

The recent loan is surely just about cash flow, as premiership money isn’t paid up front. Hotels and training grounds are surely part of long term planning that so many people say we do none of?
  15. alcoblade

Shy of someone else stumping up lots of cash, what would you do? Please avoid “long term planning” and other such meaningless guff.
  16. alcoblade

On second thoughts, we need people like you in charge.
  17. alcoblade

Is it a phone in, or are RS asking the questions?
  18. alcoblade

He'll be fighting with someone, somewhere, fear not.
  19. alcoblade

Totally agree - it would be much more enlightening if they limited it to about 2 questions, then really dug into and challenged the answers. Every fans forum I've ever heard has been a waste of time in the way you describe.
  20. alcoblade

New regulator

See Sheffsteel post above regarding how few clubs enter admin these days, since they’ve changed the rules. It’s not that regular a shitshow.
  21. alcoblade

New regulator

One things for sure, in 10 years time fans will be complaining lots, whichever direction they take it. 😂
  22. alcoblade

New regulator

I haven’t got a specific as such. I just don’t understand the need in the first place. Then secondly, I fear once they set these things up, there’s never a time when they think - “we’re not needed anymore”. To justify their existence (and we’ll be complaining about fat salaries in no time)...
  23. alcoblade

New regulator

I don’t see it happening, but I can see a lot of other future meddling. The downside risks appear (to me) much greater than the upside, given the success and direction of travel described above, without the involvements of governments.
  24. alcoblade

New regulator

I’ll contribute as and when. I can’t be arsed with 3 and 4 separate posts in a row making the same (non) point. Call that what you will. 👍
  25. alcoblade

New regulator

In the last thirty years, English football has turned itself from a racist, hooligan infested and barely followed basket case, to the most successful setup in the world, with billions of pounds of inward investment. Clubs in the fifth tier are often pulling in 5 figure gates, similar to what...
  26. alcoblade

New regulator

I'll let you crack on alone with this Phil, as I'm sure you know where you're going with it, because for the love of God I don't. :D
  27. alcoblade

New regulator

I haven't got one, and didn't suggest that a regulator causes that - but as we've established, that's not a problem that needs tackling. Perhaps they can stop people having tattoos, or naming themselves after football clubs? :D
  28. alcoblade

New regulator

I'll accept your word Phil. You've won the internet. :)
  29. alcoblade

New regulator

I.don't.know.that.or.why.you.needed.three.seperate.posts? Thankfully football clubs very rarely go bust, so people will need to imagine another problem to tackle.
  30. alcoblade

New regulator

If you compare a bunch of clubs that have gone close to the edge, and imagine a world where no club is close to the edge, I'm sure they'd all rather be in that world. The point I'm making is that in the real world, far more companies go bust. Not close to the edge, but out of existence. So you...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom