What would satisfy you?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't know if I ask for too much or too little . Simply I would like to see the blades stop going backwards , stop standing still , but start seeing some progress . One step at a time , the first just getting out of league 1.

Football is all about ups and downs , it would be great to start to experience some ups, and fans and players enjoy there football.

UTB

good thread this
i reckon most folk would be happy being an upper championship/lower premiership team with the odd cup run. that would work for me. is that asking a lot for a club of our size??

People talking of fans never satisfied, our highest finish in my years as a supporter was 1991/92. We won 3-1 at Hillsborough on the Wednesday night, thus completing the double, and narrowly lost at home to Man United the following Saturday. Our team got booed off.

While we're never going to be one of the big boys (save for billionaire level investment, which I wouldn't want), you have to look at clubs with a similar fan base and history to us to see - and Leicester, Stoke, Southampton are all benchmarks of what the club could achieve - established top flight sides with the occasional flirtation with Europe, either via the cups or a particularly fine season.

Actually getting to the PL and staying there would be great

Taking it short term - seeing the pigs fuck up their play-offs will be just fine. Will be a high-point to end the season on.

Some clubs are punching about there weight (Leicester,Bournemouth),some are well below (us!).
I see us in the championship play off contender mould with some very good cup runs thrown in.
A ambitious board pulling the strings of a like minded manager who have the clubs best interests at heart.
Oh,and playing in red and white shirts,black shorts!!!!

Taking it short term - seeing the pigs fuck up their play-offs will be just fine. Will be a high-point to end the season on.

Unfortunately it looks like the football gods are shining on S6 with how many games they lost on the trot they never fell out of the top 6 . Nearest rivals Cardiff looked like they weren't bothered.

6th plays 3rd and this season the 3rd team being fucked , depressed and deflated with missing automatic.

Just hope it is written in the stars that S6 fuck it up . Now that would be the tonic for us to kick off next season in a happy positive mood.

A comprehensive clear out of all those out of contract , a fresh approach , with lots of new personnel and a unified team spirit over individual prowess
The way Atletico Madrid work for each other, is what Id love to see, obviously at our level, but in this league the unit is the most important aspect to get right

Unfortunately it looks like the football gods are shining on S6 with how many games they lost on the trot they never fell out of the top 6 . Nearest rivals Cardiff looked like they weren't bothered.

6th plays 3rd and this season the 3rd team being fucked , depressed and deflated with missing automatic.

Just hope it is written in the stars that S6 fuck it up . Now that would be the tonic for us to kick off next season in a happy positive mood.
Fuck em. I hope they go up, the ticket prices rise, they get spanked every week and go down again after overspending on some shit twats from Portugal etc like Villa and Newcastle.
Whilst we have a proper promotion campaign next season.

Fuck em. I hope they go up, the ticket prices rise, they get spanked every week and go down again after overspending on some shit twats from Portugal etc like Villa and Newcastle.

Nice one . .Only one problem , they would go back down millions of pounds richer., not in debt. Best thing is they miss out in the play offs , unrest with the board , manager and players , and next season relegation to league 1 beckons .

UTB

I'd be quite content to be like Burnley have been in the last half a dozen years or so.
Also,a good looking streaker(simular to Keeley Donavan)revealing her burger to the kop.

Eleven Sheffield born players on the pitch.
Seven Sheffield born substitutes on the bench.
Twelve Sheffield born squad members, wanting to be in the matchday eighteen.

A Sheffield born Management set up, going down in age to the very youngest teams.

If we never won anything of note ever again, but with this philosophy rooted into Sheffield United, i'd be satisfied.

A Sheffield born Management set up, going down in age to the very youngest teams.

If we never won anything of note ever again, but with this philosophy rooted into Sheffield United, i'd be satisfied.

Would be good to see this sort of thing as opposed to the disinterested selection of mercenaries that every professional club employs.

If Atheltic Bilbao can do it, why can't we? They play in red and white stripes too.

Seriously though, can only echo what people have said - to have players that give a f*ck about this once proud football club and to escape this dire league.

If Atheltic Bilbao can do it, why can't we? They play in red and white stripes too.

Seriously though, can only echo what people have said - to have players that give a f*ck about this once proud football club and to escape this dire league.
Athletic who snap up every decent Basque player, leading to Sociedad changing their policy on foreign players because they can't retain their best players?

Sorry but for me the dream will never end till we do a Leicester. Yes yes I know but for some of us our first excursion as young uns in to supporting a team was that 71 promotion season when guess who pipped us.
Well yes you get more realistic as you get older but their young fans of that season got more realistic like me too. And their dream was as it faded as they got older?
As a Blades fan Kev, what is your dream?
Maybe it was to one day be owner of yhe Blades and that is it, dream and ambition satisfied. Look deep Kev if that is the case let us go and let others with a further dream try to get us there. The club will not die if you pull out. None of our similar size have.
At the moment though, personally.
JUST FUCKING WIN SOMETHING MORE THAN 3 POINTS

nah , theyve got to enjoy a play off let down , to see what pain is

What would satisfy me;

A Board of Directors at SUFC with some football knowledge, common sense and money to invest in the TEAM.
A team competing in the top 10 of the Championship and playing exciting, entertaining football.
Players who give a shit about the Club, the fans and entertaining.

Pipe dream really .......... :(

UTB & FTP

Back
Top Bottom