Am I sad?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Canterbury Blade

Reaction score
Every time I go to London I wear a club tie... Been living down here 23 years now, but still always wear the club tie when in London (so as long as it's not polyester nonsense). Today wondered, as I wandered, in my pretty bright red and white diagonal tie, do I look stupid amongst the others and their subtle shades, bold colours, spots and the like.

So, do I as a 48 yr old beaten down Blade living away from sheffield (though you only have one home) longer than I actually lived there appear a bit sad still sporting much colours?

Advice from Blades and Bladettes welcome please...

Every time I go to London I wear a club tie... Been living down here 23 years now, but still always wear the club tie when in London (so as long as it's not polyester nonsense). Today wondered, as I wandered, in my pretty bright red and white diagonal tie, do I look stupid amongst the others and their subtle shades, bold colours, spots and the like.

So, do I as a 48 yr old beaten down Blade living away from sheffield (though you only have one home) longer than I actually lived there appear a bit sad still sporting much colours?

Advice from Blades and Bladettes welcome please...

Wear it loud and proud and if you are in Canterbury pop round to Station Road West and upset my Piggy cousin. When wearing a club tie remember the advice of the Penguins. Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave. I find that gets me through most things Blade related.

On the odd occasion going out I think, have I dressed sencibly? I then realise it has got naff all to do do with anyone else and they can think what they like. Some may have pre judged anyway - so what.
As you get to that age and ehm hmm slightly older you start to question slightly more about the stuff you wear. I've decided, if I want to wear a pair of jeans that are far too big that the arse is hanging down to the back of the knees, due to a waste size that is 6inch to big and has to be taken in by a belt that goes round twice, then so be it. The turn ups to the half shins look good anyway! ( inspiration by SouthEssexBlade).;)
So I say FUCK EM and wear that article of clothing with pride and really, don't think twice if you are invited on a night out in full attire with Captain Blade, take it.
After all you're only young once ( till you die) and the youth can Fuck off and think what they like.
Season ticket - undecided but Sir, you inspire me and I'm off to the Blades shop tomorrow to buy a tie to wear with my T shirt- with pride.
COYRAWW-- AAAHHHHHH

Nothing sad about wearing SUFC in any part of the world.

They'll be a thread along soon...

"Wearing the colours anywhere but Sheffield...."

I have an old photo of me in my 1983 Speedos somewhere.
I'll just dig it out... sorry, them out.

Canterbury Blade It depends if you wear it with a wife beater vest and have the tie wrapped around your head 'Rambo' Style or if you wear it in the way it was intended with a shirt and jacket (when the climate permits), if its the latter, wear it with pride my friend.

I think there's a pic on here with me at the Trevi fountain in Rome festooned with a T shirt with that fine gentleman to the left.

They will probably think it is an old university tie, but can't think which one, so will hold you in high esteem.

And rightly so, SUFC is the university of life, 'you win some, you lose some, but you're still hanging in there, full of hope that this time we might just get our day of glory'.

I think there's a pic on here with me at the Trevi fountain in Rome festooned with a T shirt with that fine gentleman to the left.

Here it is. And a big-up to TonyAgana for some fine work on that graphic of the great man!

index.php

Last week cycling to work in Leicester, saw a car stopped in traffic ahead of me, SUFC sticker in the back window.
Broad grin on my face, turned round to the driver, gave a thumbs up whilst shouting "Up The Blades!". Driver wound the window down and we chatted for a bit till traffic started moving again. Made my day that did!

No mate wear it with pride , ( well more pride than some of the fuckers wearing the shirt now ) .
When I walk the dog always wear one of two Blades hats I own , if it's cold . Mind .
If I go out , I always wear a tiny Blades badge , it reminds me where I'm from , and reminds me of some better days
Once a Blade always a daft c**t.

Nothing sad about that..just remember to wear something else also next time :)

Living amongst spammers fans in Essex, have a blades sticker in the car, a sign on my front gate saying " A blade parks here" and I wear a white blades polo to work. There's definitely something in your blade gene pool that makes you walk a thin line between pride, and flagellation.

You clearly didn't make a bloody wish :eek:

I did, and chucked the coins over my shoulder, and they were foreign currency (dollars, I seem to recall). Obviously the football gods merely chuckle at such requests and get their heads together to come up with an even more outrageous way of disappointing us all.

I did, and chucked the coins over my shoulder, and they were foreign currency (dollars, I seem to recall). Obviously the football gods merely chuckle at such requests and get their heads together to come up with an even more outrageous way of disappointing us all.

BASTARDS ! :mad:

I've a really old worn pair of Speedos. Both 'S's' had worn off. When I wore them at Heeley Baths all the mothers quickly ushered their kids out of the pool and I was ejected by staff!

No idea why but you can bet I've not been back there! o_O

Here it is. And a big-up to TonyAgana for some fine work on that graphic of the great man!

index.php
Think I did the first character something like 10 years ago, now. I'd love to re-do them all, really, as I'd like to think my skillz have improved over that time, but Nudger and Fatty are definitely my favourites. :) UTB, my friend.

I've a really old worn pair of Speedos. Both 'S's' had worn off. When I wore them at Heeley Baths all the mothers quickly ushered their kids out of the pool and I was ejected by staff!

No idea why but you can bet I've not been back there! o_O

Made me laugh out loud that, cheered me up no end.

I've started chanting "na na na na he's a blade" etc to random people in white t shirts

Back
Top Bottom