Relegation Zone by Jan?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think all we can do is limp through to January and hopefully strengthen. I don't think we'll sink into the relegation zone by then but we won't be far off.

But will the board back Adkins in the January transfer window? Based on his signings so far, I'm not sure I would

And if automatic promotion looks v unlikely by then, it will also have a bearing on the players we can realistically hope to sign. The board have some big decisions to make.

The next couple of matches are huge, and that includes Oldham. The FA Cup run kicked off our season under Clough - can it do the same for Adkins?

The board have backed Adkins and Clough before, Sharp's on 20K per week would you back Adkins with more money in January?

But will the board back Adkins in the January transfer window? Based on his signings so far, I'm not sure I would

And if automatic promotion looks v unlikely by then, it will also have a bearing on the players we can realistically hope to sign. The board have some big decisions to make.

The next couple of matches are huge, and that includes Oldham. The FA Cup run kicked off our season under Clough - can it do the same for Adkins?

They've stated we'll spend the Murphy money and I don't think they'd dare backtrack on that. Whether we sell Adams or Done as well is a whole other question.

I think all we can do is limp through to January and hopefully strengthen. I don't think we'll sink into the relegation zone by then but we won't be far off.

Coventry, Scunthorpe, Wigan, Bradford City, Peterborough - can't see us picking up many points there. We are in big trouble.

They've stated we'll spend the Murphy money and I don't think they'd dare backtrack on that. Whether we sell Adams or Done as well is a whole other question.

Yes, but what was the wording re the Murphy money? Did they definitely say Adkins will get to spend all of it on transfer fees?

I bet Hammond's loan doesn't come cheap, especially as he's on Premiership wages.

Benefits of hitting rock bottom.
Only Way to Go is Up – Now that you’ve stopped free falling and landed on solid ground, you can develop a plan and take a long-term orientation to self-discovery, goal achievement, and success. Find seedlings of positivity and optimism in the sorrow you’re feeling and remember there is a limited likelihood of bad events recurring. Draw a line in the sand between the past and what you are about to achieve.

Yes, but what was the wording re the Murphy money? Did they definitely say Adkins will get to spend all of it on transfer fees?

I bet Hammond's loan doesn't come cheap, especially as he's on Premiership wages.

They've said it will all be spent on the team which I assume means fees and wages.

Coventry, Scunthorpe, Wigan, Bradford City, Peterborough - can't see us picking up many points there. We are in big trouble.

This division is so close that I expect we'll pick up some points from those. Between 4 and 6

They've said it will all be spent on the team which I assume means fees and wages.

The board might turn round and say Adkins is already spending the Murphy money on his bloated squad. I imagine the expectation when he joined was that he would have trimmed the squad size by now.

The Murphy money has been spent on the team what do you think Edgar and Hammond are on?

Hold on a minute guys !
We are now talking relegation and it is all Nigel Clough's fault
Last season we reached the play offs and lost by the odd goal in bizarre circumstances - all we needed everyone admitted was a centre half and a striker !
Now we need to give Nigel Adkins another season to get rid of all the dead wood and get his own people in ! Like Sharp, Woolford, Hammond, Sammon etc
Sometimes, be careful what you wish for ...............................................................................!

Yep, really glad we didn't keep Warnock and all that nasty football he had the side playing. We were so much worse then than we are today. Pinchy must be revelling in the total football now on display...............

One win in 15 none in the last 6, statistically we're in a tailspin & relegation given current results is a distinct possibility - the chances of automatic promotion whilst not completely impossible is surely now all but gone.

Three of our last 5 games have been against teams in the bottom 4 whilst a 4th game was against a team newly promoted from Div 2 from which we have taken 2 points - statistics can sometimes paint a misleading picture, sadly not these.

Only the most delusional can now claim the club is on the right track and additionally that the structure & composition of those people tasked with the stewardship of the club must now be questioned.

The wilderness years?

One win in 15? We've only played 20 matches, so how have we won 7 of them if we've only won 1 in the last 15?

Yep, really glad we didn't keep Warnock and all that nasty football he had the side playing. We were so much worse then than we are today. Pinchy must be revelling in the total football now on display...............
And don't forget the change in ethos - so evident when Shrewsbury stuck the 4th in the other night.

UTB

January is the time when we'll see if Adkins and the board have the necessary equipment between their legs. If we allow JTW to disappear without any major incomings then the manager and / or the Board need to be seriously questioned.

I am just hoping that Adkins positive belief in this current bunch is just a bluff and we start to see a new ruthless streak in early January.

Beyond January the only straw I feel we can clutch on to is there are players out of contract in the summer and that's when the rebuilding begins.

Get ready to ask those serious questions then come the end of Jan. Hope I'm wrong, even now I am wondering which unrealistic, out of favour, Premiership/Championship player we will target in the transfer window, whilst someone like Morsey will end up at Coventry, Wigan or one of the other league one big spenders like Bury.

Sad to say I think January can only be about staying up. Loans might be the order of the day.

Next summer is the real chance to cut out the stench and do the bleedin' obvious things which have needed doing since summer 2014.

Sad to say I think January can only be about staying up. Loans might be the order of the day.

Next summer is the real chance to cut out the stench and do the bleedin' obvious things which have needed doing since summer 2014.
We should tare up the recruitment procedure and start again. My suggestion - whatever it says, do the exact opposite. I do wonder of it's possible to make a worse job of getting quality and value for money in the players we sign - and it's been going on since relegation from the Premiership.

We've got our chance to start again. Let's not repeat the same mistakes for the umpteenth time.

UTB

The club is on a long term downward trend. The money from the Prince has done little to address it, and neither has has the managerial merry go round. What is needed is to change that the culture and the way that the club is run. This comes from the Boardroom. They need to take a good look at their overall policy in terms of player acquisition and the way in which income is invested into players and staff.
(graph from Statto.com)

50weekform.PNG

Some laughed at me when I said we are unconvincing against Worcester and that if they'd have properly done their homework on us we'd have struggled.

Begging to think I were right after all.

The Murphy money has been spent on the team what do you think Edgar and Hammond are on?

They've said that the Murphy money WILL be spent which probably means we'll buy Dean Hammond for £1.5 million in January...

Is it about time we just grabbed our balls and stopped fucking moaning about this. We were minutes away from a win yesterday, with arguably our best performance of the season yet it's all doom and gloom. Surely it was a step in the right direction and we need to grab on to that.

Yes I know we have been crap, the managers an idiot and Jim doesn't know his arse from his elbow, but this is our club so let's get behind the shite feckers.

Is it about time we just grabbed our balls and stopped fucking moaning about this. We were minutes away from a win yesterday, with arguably our best performance of the season yet it's all doom and gloom. Surely it was a step in the right direction and we need to grab on to that.

Yes I know we have been crap, the managers an idiot and Jim doesn't know his arse from his elbow, but this is our club so let's get behind the shite feckers.
And so this is good enough & is representative of what Sheffield United stand for & what we the best fans in the country deserve?

I think you should show a trifle more ambition.

And so this is good enough & is representative of what Sheffield United stand for & what we the best fans in the country deserve?

I think you should show a trifle more ambition.

No, but at this moment in time we could end up going completely in the wrong direction. We need to build on yesterday, not shit on it.

I don't know why everyone looks on the JTW as the great panacea. We've been heaping hope on the JTW since the days of Robson and nothing much ever happens, so why would we expect any different this year? Expect more tales of broken fax machines and how much the club tried and tried but just couldn't get the deal over the line.

Back
Top Bottom