Praise for stewards !!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Maidenhead

Reaction score
I was well impressed on Saturday.

Having had a foot realignment and ankle fusion at the start of August I got to the Lane for the first time this season on Saturday.

As I approached the kop turnstiles with my right foot/leg in a lightweight boot and with my crutches one of the stewards came straight to me and said "will you be ok with the turnstiles?" "I'll let you in the gate" which he duly proceeded to do.

Thank you to that man for providing the sort of service that often goes un noticed by the masses.

I really appreciated his pro-oactive approach.

A steward in the South Stand (a bearded, hipster cunt) told me I couldn't use my e-cig on Saturday. The first time in over 2 years, and the first time I've seen this bloke. Twat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dkc
A steward in the South Stand (a bearded, hipster cunt) told me I couldn't use my e-cig on Saturday. The first time in over 2 years, and the first time I've seen this bloke. Twat.

He's talking bollocks. I asked the stewards about this when I first got one and they're perfectly fine to use in the ground. Sounds like he's being a jobsworth.

I got told I couldn't use my e-cig at Swindon last season. Meanwhile others were smoking fags and weed on the concourse without being bothered.

He's talking bollocks. I asked the stewards about this when I first got one and they're perfectly fine to use in the ground. Sounds like he's being a jobsworth.
I had a bloke sat in front of me Saturday with one, billowing scented smoke over me every few seconds. Ban em I say.

Vapour, not smoke. Yes they can be mildly annoying, but no more so than strong aftershave or perfume.

Or maybe, (I know it's a crazy suggestion) he was not told that e-cigs are acceptable and he was trying to do his job.

Or maybe, (I know it's a crazy suggestion) he was not told that e-cigs are acceptable and he was trying to do his job.

Then if in doubt, take the non-punitive option. It's not as if he'd get bollocked for failing to repremand one person for vaping amongst several thousand people.

Then if in doubt, take the non-punitive option. It's not as if he'd get bollocked for failing to repremand one person for vaping amongst several thousand people.

I'm sure he was just trying to do (what he thought) was the right thing.

I'm sure he was just trying to do (what he thought) was the right thing.

He might well have been,and maybe that was the case. It's just that I've seen more than my fair share of stewards acting like arseholes when they probably thought they were doing the right thing as well.

I was well impressed on Saturday.

Having had a foot realignment and ankle fusion at the start of August I got to the Lane for the first time this season on Saturday.

As I approached the kop turnstiles with my right foot/leg in a lightweight boot and with my crutches one of the stewards came straight to me and said "will you be ok with the turnstiles?" "I'll let you in the gate" which he duly proceeded to do.

Thank you to that man for providing the sort of service that often goes un noticed by the masses.

I really appreciated his pro-oactive approach.

You've been talent spotted for our centre half vacancy. :)

Back
Top Bottom