Che

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
I keep seeing posts which mention that he's amongst the top players/talents in the league and one of our only good players.

He's a great talent but I'm not sure what he's done this season to earn such high praise?

I'm not knocking the lad, I'm knocking people bigging him up and making him into something he isn't as yet. Currently, I don't think he's good enough to regularly start on the wing (his all-round game that is), and he'd be best used upfront. That's not likely to happen in a 4-4-2, could do in a 4-3-3, but I'd argue that Done should be ahead of him in the pecking order.

What I'm trying to say is that don't over-egg how good he is so soon. He's going to need time until he's a regular first team starter, let alone a top player. Just have patience with him and give him time to develop as a footballer.

I keep seeing posts which mention that he's amongst the top players/talents in the league and one of our only good players.

He's a great talent but I'm not sure what he's done this season to earn such high praise?

I'm not knocking the lad, I'm knocking people bigging him up and making him into something he isn't as yet. Currently, I don't think he's good enough to regularly start on the wing (his all-round game that is), and he'd be best used upfront. That's not likely to happen in a 4-4-2, could do in a 4-3-3, but I'd argue that Done should be ahead of him in the pecking order.

What I'm trying to say is that don't over-egg how good he is so soon. He's going to need time until he's a regular first team starter, let alone a top player. Just have patience with him and give him time to develop as a footballer.
Spot on, he has had one good game all season and he is being played out of position which doesn't help but nowhere near good enough to be a regular starter.

He would've done much better today if some bastard supported him when he was in an attacking position with the ball.

I take your point and I agree to a certain extent. However in this current squad he is the one and only player we have who gets the ball and looks to run at players and do something positive. I would take that every time and watch him lose the ball 3 times out of 5 as opposed to someone like Flynn whose first instinct is to get the ball stop and pass backwards. For that reason I can see why he is looked upon as he is by Blades fans.

Agree he needs to be used wisely but for me at the minute he is the one and only positive player we have.

I would play him wide attacking in a midfield 5 with Done on the other side and Sharp down the middle. We need to have the 3 in the middle of midfield, at least one of which needs to be a new quality loan addition

Che has great potential, look up for it yesterday when he came on playing down the left, then for some strange reason Sammon was moved to the left and Che moved to right mid almost holding hands with Matty Done, from then on he lost interest, saying that I lost interest much earlier than that.One of the worst performances I have seen from United.
Once again I cannot understand why Baxter gets a game he is shite, he epitomises what's wrong with this team, lazy, dispassionate, can't win a bloody tackle, can't make a forward pass and at fault for the first goal.Get rid, play in u21s or just release .Be closer to Div 4 than Div 2 with him retained in the side.
Great see Done back, only positive from a crap trip to the Potteries, oh yes and it didn't snow unlike last years Boxing Day Pantomine.

The guy has had a great start to the season, and we should be riding him like Sea Biscuit. Can't see why this is a Done or Adams post, when it's easy to get 2 of your best players on the park.

• Banned
The guy has had a great start to the season, and we should be riding him like Sea Biscuit. Can't see why this is a Done or Adams post, when it's easy to get 2 of your best players on the park.

so, are we dropping Billy and Connor or playing all four? Our CM is so bad that we'd struggle to play one of them as a winger (and that would probably need to be Done given his workrate).

I am dropping Sammon personally and playing 4-3-3 wide Done and Adams wide and Billy up top.

decent shout but I'm not sure that will work with Billy as the spearhead. It would probably, in my opinion, work better with Sammon playing the role due to height and bringing the other two into the game, but Billy is our best striker.

Baxter can't play a forward pass? Hahahahahahah.

I would also like to see 4-3-3, 4-4-2 doesn't suit our squad. Che on the right, Done left (switching occasionally), Billy through middle. Basham, Baxter and Reed middle three, maybe Coutts also.

Who are the three heroes in midfield is this 4-3-3 formation?

It's been obvious for a while that we need to go with three in midfield and one thing that should certainly not prevent that is Conor Sammon's inclusion in the starting 11. He wins nothing in the air, can't control a ball and Sharp almost does two men's work when it comes to holding the ball up and battling with defenders. Done and Adams are suitable for the wide attacking positions as they can play as wingers or as strikers. This is how we have to play but Adkins doesn't seem interested in dropping the great Sammon. Until he is we'll just carry on losing the midfield and until he plays actual wingers out wide we won't be creating any chances for a while either.

decent shout but I'm not sure that will work with Billy as the spearhead. It would probably, in my opinion, work better with Sammon playing the role due to height and bringing the other two into the game, but Billy is our best striker.

get a midfielder with some height and you wouldn't need Sammon for set pieces. You don't have to be a big lad to play as the 1 up top and Billy works better down the channels. let's try playing football through midfield instead.

get a midfielder with some height and you wouldn't need Sammon for set pieces. You don't have to be a big lad to play as the 1 up top and Billy works better down the channels. let's try playing football through midfield instead.
have you seen our midfield!:eek:

Where 4-3-3 has worked well, it always seems to involve a strong powerful and mobile central striker (Drogba, Kane etc). Whilst Sammon isn't really that, he is the nearest we have to it. Although, Billy, Che and Matty are all at least useful in the air.

We'd need another midfielder in, but we'd need that regardless

Back
Top Bottom