Something seriously wrong ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Have not been today or listened to the game on the radio but Imo something is drastically wrong and I can't put my finger on what it is !! Looking at both teams today on paper and man for man how many of the oppositions players would you pick for our line up before the game ? After said game , these players have usually outplayed,outfought and generally provided a team performance at least on a par with us , usually better !!! Not worried yet but not happy with what's happening, whether Nigel gets any new players or not , and no matter what we think of our players , a man with Adkins pedigree should be able to get the shower of shit we have seen more often than not this season playing much better than we are !
UTB

I usually do go to the games but unfortunately I couldn't get today but thanks for judging me and making what I posted irrelevant due actually missing a game , forgive me for not being there and missing my 1st game of the season !!!
Mate if that's the first game you've missed.... In fact if you've only been to one game all season, you're more than qualified to tell us how fed up you are.

I am no more qualified than someone who has not been to a game all season but to some on here who pontificate about this and that it just gets in my beard . You do not have to go week in week out to have a view on the club we all love and want to suceed .
UTB

Absolutely true. I've long given up on away games (going to the home ones is becoming difficult) and I 'admire' (if that's the word) those who travel to away matches. However, it could be a case of 'can't see the wood for the trees'. I watch on TV as the scores come in and regularly see teams pull a result out of a seemingly-impossible situation. Late equalisers. Late winners. But never, ever, from United.

I thought Done and Adams would have made a bigger diiference in the 2nd half tbh, sounds like they did a good job on us. Well played Vale

Absolutely true. I've long given up on away games (going to the home ones is becoming difficult) and I 'admire' (if that's the word) those who travel to away matches. However, it could be a case of 'can't see the wood for the trees'. I watch on TV as the scores come in and regularly see teams pull a result out of a seemingly-impossible situation. Late equalisers. Late winners. But never, ever, from United.

...and as I type reports are coming in of the Port Vale police treating the United fans like shit. Travel to Port Vale for the near-inevitable failure or a bottle of Shiraz? You decide.

All i want is effort ,if we put in the work and dont get the results then fair enough but the players at this club are just going through the motions and no one in authority seems to know how to do anything about it

Anyone who has watched football for a long time can see the deficiencies in that side yet for the last two seasons ive been bombarded with excuses all season until we finnaly just quietly slip out of tge promotion race and then blow up in the play offs
Give it 10 games /xmas /judge us in may
We are top 10 not bottom 3 ffs

Then there is the absoloutely farcical handling of transfers dragging on for months and never happening

Im afraid its all becoming a little bit groundhog day although im sure phippsy will have some strafford type nonsensical mumbo jumbo to post to keep people happy

Yes.
We're losing too many games...

All i want is effort ,if we put in the work and dont get the results then fair enough but the players at this club are just going through the motions and no one in authority seems to know how to do anything about it

Anyone who has watched football for a long time can see the deficiencies in that side yet for the last two seasons ive been bombarded with excuses all season until we finnaly just quietly slip out of tge promotion race and then blow up in the play offs
Give it 10 games /xmas /judge us in may
We are top 10 not bottom 3 ffs

Then there is the absoloutely farcical handling of transfers dragging on for months and never happening

Im afraid its all becoming a little bit groundhog day although im sure phippsy will have some strafford type nonsensical mumbo jumbo to post to keep people happy
Wow, opened up a bit there judge!

I am no more qualified than someone who has not been to a game all season but to some on here who pontificate about this and that it just gets in my beard . You do not have to go week in week out to have a view on the club we all love and want to suceed .
UTB

Well said! And to kepp on topic, I agree there does seem to be something wrong. Maybe Adkins hasn't been given the funds to strengthen after all

...and as I type reports are coming in of the Port Vale police treating the United fans like shit. Travel to Port Vale for the near-inevitable failure or a bottle of Shiraz? You decide.

Mccabe and co. working in new role for Staffordshire Police then?

Well don't think I can be any more deflated, I've all but given up on promotion this season we have no fight/spirit, we are not up for it I'm usually glass half full but even I can't get myself excited with our current squad,2 more sloppy goals conceded today getting beat at Port vale and being happy with a draw at Burton ffs is this really Sheffield United!:(:(

Something seriously wrong?
WE HAVEN'T STRENGTHENED CENTRAL DEFENCE DESPITE KNOWING THAT IT WAS AND IS THE PROBLEM FOR A VERY VERY VERY LONG TIME.

It is too simplistic a view to just say "selling our best players" ! Many clubs at our level don't even have players that they can sell for decent amounts but still manage to produce decent enough sides . And at the end of the day there are examples of good or arguable better players being brought in for some players . Brayford - worse or better than what we had , Done -worse or better than what we had ? Basham- worse or better than what we had ? We have enough alledged quality in this squad to be making a better attempt to get out of DIVISION 3than we are doing !!!!
UTB

There's something seriously wrong - then team is seriously short of what's required. We were outmuscled and out fought all over the pitch today. It was cringeworthy. And fuck me - Paul Coutts - I've pointed out that his performances have been way short, without passing final judgement. But it's here - HE IS FUCKING SHITE.

UTB

I agree - pointless sorting Central Defence out first if our midfield are gonna let the opposition waltz through them. They both need sorting long term but i reckon Centre Midfield is the priority.

I think if CM is sorted out the CBs can limp us through.

It is too simplistic a view to just say "selling our best players" ! Many clubs at our level don't even have players that they can sell for decent amounts but still manage to produce decent enough sides . And at the end of the day there are examples of good or arguable better players being brought in for some players . Brayford - worse or better than what we had , Done -worse or better than what we had ? Basham- worse or better than what we had ? We have enough alledged quality in this squad to be making a better attempt to get out of DIVISION 3than we are doing !!!!
UTB

Here was our team from the first season in League 1....

Simonsen
Lowton
Maguire
Collins
Taylor
Williamson
McDonald
Doyle
Quinn
Cresswell
Evans

Now you tell me if any of our current 11 would get into that team. I'd give you perhaps Sharp and that is it.

Since writing this post it's become even more evident what a fall we've taken, the team above would absolutely annihilate our current 11. We are worse off in every position, and therein lies the answer.

It's quite simple what's wrong ... We have sold our best players year on year and replaced them with worse ones.. It's not rocket science to see what's wrong.

We'll regret selling that Jones fella, things will never be the same.

Much better in the days when Jimmy told the board to do one.

Back
Top Bottom