Ha ha ha ha ha!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All very good to say "just wow" but in the event that we don't get a 6'7 beanpole, or indeed any other centre-half, it may be a preferable option. I don't think Freeman deserves dropping, and Brayford's performances in the middle last season suggest he'd push Collins for a place. This is assuming that Kennevaro is still being nursed back to fitness rather than rushed back into the team of course...

Freeman is great going forward - a poor defender for me. Same as Lowton. Freeman gets skinned a lot - just look at the P'boro goal as an example. Also happened a lot last season.

Brayford, if fit will walk back to RB as he has what Freeman doesn't - pace.
As for Freeman - probably more skill than majority of defenders, but alas, Derby didn't want him and it seems only Clough did.

The times Brayford played CH, he played on the left - ie: wrong foot. Again for me, playing anyone on the "wrong foot" is just madness. This is just square peg in a round hole - a 5' 8" square hole. Just shows the folly of Clough. Here was me defending him all season - if only I had known his centre half policy.

Not for me ever - sorry. A pro football club "fitting" players in - should only happen in an emergency.

UTB

Theres absolutely no need to put players in unnatural positions
We have several that already play centre back and despite some idiots saying we have missed the chance we will bring in more when the window re opens next week , why because Nigel said it will
We can have some flexibility filling in when players move into the hole as Bassett said , but there will be getting plenty of cover in
of course no true blade would say Nigels telling lies to cover the boards attempt to be cheap skates ,,, are there

Sorry Freeman just not in the same class as Brayford.
When Brayford gets forward it's calculated he demands somebody drops to cover.
Freemans done a decent job filling in but he gets found wanting defending average squad player

It's one of Bert's pet hates. Footballers who can only kick with one foot. You see it every game, it's on his wrong foot so he can't shoot, pass or clear it.
It's a mystery why they weren't taught to kick with both feet. You never see a boxer who can only punch with one hand.

It's one of Bert's pet hates. Footballers who can only kick with one foot. You see it every game, it's on his wrong foot so he can't shoot, pass or clear it.
It's a mystery why they weren't taught to kick with both feet. You never see a boxer who can only punch with one hand.

unfortunately it's the modern game. Saw an interview with Georgie Best, in his latter years, where he was lamenting on this very thing - as he said, in his day a footballer who could only kick with one foot would have been unlikely to make it as a professional.

Best two footed players in recent years at the Lane. Borbokis and Michael Brown

If I can snidely use my left foot to beat the goalkeeping colossus that is Large Mendonca at his front post on a Sunday, there's absolutely no excuse for professionals :)

I don't think I've ever whinged at anyone more than Stephen Quinn for neglecting to use his weaker foot, even to just control the bloody ball!

If I can snidely use my left foot to beat the goalkeeping colossus that is Large Mendonca at his front post on a Sunday, there's absolutely no excuse for professionals :)

I don't think I've ever whinged at anyone more than Stephen Quinn for neglecting to use his weaker foot, even to just control the bloody ball!

Haha :) - my left ankle is still a colossus right at this minute o_O

I once played cricket with a chap who was ambidextrous. He could bat left or right handed equally well.

It was amusing when he would change hands during an over to confuse the bowler and fielding side.

HH

Bert's old junior school headmaster could write perfectly with either hand. He said it was because he was a left hander but they made him write right handed. That would have been before the First World War.

Bobby Charlton..... nobody had a clue which was his best foot.
Jimmy Greaves.... left footer but if it came on his right foot it still ended up in the back of the net.

Oh I fully agree with this - really winds me up when you see them trying to manipulate it onto their stronger foot. I mean, they only train like 2 and half days a week, so listen lads, instead of improving your fucking handicap or handing over most of your earnings to the bookies, why not spend that time learning to kick well with the 'standing leg'?

I'm naturally left footed but once scored 2 goals in a game, both from outside the box, one with the left and one with the right. These days I can play equally badly with both feet :)

Jonathan Hunt took corners for us from either his left or right foot but he wasnt popular with our fans

the ultimate master of corner taking in my lifetime has to be Alan Woodward. He actually scored from quite a few and I don't they were flukes either! We ought to practice doing that.
Scored 4 times at least

v Newcastle (h) in League Cup Sept 1969
v Leicester (a) Sept 1971
v Coventry (h) Nov 1971
v Norwich (h) Jan 1973

Derek Dooley was very one footed.

ShockingBadBuy has long thought Bert one of the most readable posters on this forum,. In fact, Bert has made him smile on many an occasion, when he was otherwise rather short of anything resembling a smile (as have plenty others, hereabouts).

But ShockingBadBuy feels that this post does not become Bert.

Bert's old junior school headmaster could write perfectly with either hand. He said it was because he was a left hander but they made him write right handed. That would have been before the First World War.

Once heard a story that Leonardo da Vinci could write letters to two different people at the same time: one with his left hand, one with his right hand.

Good story. Not sure it's true though. :)

HMB Snr Snr was left handed and told me how his left hand was tied to his side at school so he could "benefit" from learning to be right-handed. His schooling career didn't amount to much, but he had a long and respected career as a breadman in Birmingham and South Armagh (not at the same time)

ShockingBadBuy has long thought Bert one of the most readable posters on this forum,. In fact, Bert has made him smile on many an occasion, when he was otherwise rather short of anything resembling a smile (as have plenty others, hereabouts).

But ShockingBadBuy feels that this post does not become Bert.

Derek Dooley had a very good sense of humor, he was a real gentleman and Bert met him many times going back to when he was the Pools Development Officer at Hillsborough. Bert always had the highest respect for him.

Derek Dooley had a very good sense of humor, he was a real gentleman and Bert met him many times going back to when he was the Pools Development Officer at Hillsborough. Bert always had the highest respect for him.

Indeed. Didn't Kozzy swipe his leg as a prank one time?

Back to the OP

Ha - mildly amusing
Haha - funny
Hahaha - sarcastic laugh
Hahahaha - stayin' alive

Back
Top Bottom