Is there a lg1 club stronger than us after deadline day?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Welcome to the forum PeteBlade

IT issues drive you from bladesmad too?

Good to see you're making friends already

Hi mate, yes they've ruined the site with their incompetence.

I know, I've made friends even quicker than usual! Just the one odd chap that I don't remember who seems to have an infatuation with me from Blades United when I was about 12!

Haha, who knew your argumentative ways went back that long?!
My early observations of the difference between here and BM are:-

1. Less in the way of multiple threads on one subject (very stern telling off from those who do it- not from the mods but from some posters)

2. Criticisms are shouted down more vociferously with some posters looking to create a porktalkeque "see no evil, hear no evil" environment.

3. Some wonderful post match analysis from Bergen Blade discussing shape, the route of goals conceded, individual performances etc.

4. School playground arguments are typed into word and the "Synonyms" button is used to make the child sound more sophisticated.

5. This site actually works and doesn't make my work computer explode

6. Len was already banned from here some time ago.

7. There are, to my knowledge, no ommlettes or carpark lickers on this forum.

8. Nobody on here thinks McMahon is the best right back outside the Prem or that Stepehn McGinn and Paul Coutts are the next big things.

9. Nobody has a filing cabinet as it's not needed due to a search button.

10. Nobody has a private jet to take them home from the away matches to post reports 20 minutes later and talk about Mansett

Other than that it seems pretty much the same.

Hi mate, yes they've ruined the site with their incompetence.

I know, I've made friends even quicker than usual! Just the one odd chap that I don't remember who seems to have an infatuation with me from Blades United when I was about 12!
You must be liked judging by your 'likes' to 'posts' ratio! :)

1. Less in the way of multiple threads on one subject (very stern telling off from those who do it- not from the mods but from some posters)

2. Criticisms are shouted down more vociferously with some posters looking to create a porktalkeque "see no evil, hear no evil" environment.

3. Some wonderful post match analysis from Bergen Blade discussing shape, the route of goals conceded, individual performances etc.

4. School playground arguments are typed into word and the "Synonyms" button is used to make the child sound more sophisticated.

8. Nobody on here thinks McMahon is the best right back outside the Prem or that Stepehn McGinn and Paul Coutts are the next big things.

10. Nobody has a private jet to take them home from the away matches to post reports 20 minutes later and talk about Mansett

I don't agree with point 2 Dane. I think there were more critics on BM but they got shouted down constantly, particularly by a couple of old blokes with nothing else better to do, apparently. And with a lot more venom.

Measured, constructive criticism seems to be accepted on here but some posters get very annoyed with childish hysteria or posters that just make the same points in five different ways.

And, in general, posters on here make it less personal. Not always, I accept there's been a few digs recently but it doesn't reach the levels BM did, which could be a bit Lord of the Flies.

Hi Dane, as a former BM poster I am familiar with both sites. You're correct, technically BM is a nightmare, and I decided to jump ship once it was obvious I couldn't sign back on. The outstanding and reassuring thing about s24 is that Foxy does a first rate job in maintaining an ongoing level of service. The problems on BM have become historical and they appear disinterested in sorting out whatever ails the site.

I think there's a small core on both sites who appear to have a grudge about the other site. That's pretty groundless as accusations go and the mix of posters on either site isn't profoundly different. If pushed I find there's a greater variety of topics on here, and there's a level of erudition here that isn't as visible on BM.

The recent number of BM posters who've tunnelled their way to s24 is welcome I find. Maybe it's because I'm familiar with guys like yourself, but it certainly hasn't harmed in my view. There are still posters on BM who'd sit comfortably on here, but perhaps BM perceptions about this site cause a reluctance to finally make the move. If that's the case it's a pity.

The shoutbox, although vociferous when a match is on, is a welcome way of contributing to a debate, and the humour levels are not to be dismissed either. The other point worth mentioning are the live match reports that Foxy delivers without ever missing a game. Pretty remarkable if you ask me.

The above apart, as I say, good to see you and other BM posters take your places amongst the rest of us. UTB

I don't agree with point 2 Dane. I think there were more critics on BM but they got shouted down constantly, particularly by a couple of old blokes with nothing else better to do, apparently. And with a lot more venom.

Measured, constructive criticism seems to be accepted on here but some posters get very annoyed with childish hysteria or posters that just make the same points in five different ways.

And, in general, posters on here make it less personal. Not always, I accept there's been a few digs recently but it doesn't reach the levels BM did, which could be a bit Lord of the Flies.

Fair enough Bush, perhaps my perception is based on timing. I get what you’re saying regarding the 2 on BM but I think they tended to mock only the most hysterical or agenda driven critics (2 or 3 usual suspects, 1 of which is banned from here I believe) whereas a critic who offered balance and some reasoning (staying away from slander and abuse towards the club) didn’t really come in for it (the way Pete seems to be already on here). Maybe when we’re further from silly season, discussion will be more civilised. I’m not sure.

I agree some individual arguments could go overboard over there (I’ve been guilty of it myself when engaging with Voldermort of bladesmad himself) but just in the last day or 2 there’s been a marathon thread on here which is just a slanging match between pommpey and alco.

My comments are just based on early observations and perhaps don’t bear a fair reflection. I’ll give it some time to see if my perception changes.

we should be wary of more than Walsall
we are capable of getting there , but it needs work support and luck
luck in not losing key players at key times
luck in not having refs reducing you to 10 or 9 for nothing challenges
luck in teams we are playing score their goal of the season against you
luck in the ball falls right for you to knock in

We will gather the talent to win enough points , but need the luck above so it happens on a regular basis

theres 3 groups of 8, 8 that can contend 8 middling and 8 strugglers we as usual will be in that top 8

the clever bit will be beating those around us more than they beat us
won 2 of 3 so far

Walsall have a good first team and a good manager but I'm not convinced they have the strength in depth to survive a few injuries. Knowing Bradshaw's dodgy hamstrings, I expect them to come unstuck at some point. I still see Coventry and Wigan as the biggest threats but there are always surprise packages and so far, that seems to be Walsall and Gillingham.

Every season there is always one team that starts off better than expected. I think that will be Gillingham or Walsall this year, due to them lacking in depth. A few injuries, suspensions and tired legs will cause them to fall behind.

12 months ago I would have agreed with you that measured constructive criticism is accepted on here. Now I'm not so sure. My perception is that the number of posters who accept such posts has declined, and an increasing number seem to be of the view that no criticism should be allowed at all.

Wigan are the strongest League 1 club in terms of finances - and that is an important factor. I think Coventry have got a very good chance to do well this season too. I think United have got a much better balanced squad this season and I've no doubt we will add to that and be up there in the top 2 at the end of the season. I think it will be between us and Coventry or Wigan for the top spot.

Back
Top Bottom