Mr Murdoch's Fun Palace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Transfer deadline day. What a farce. Switch onto Sky and watch the giddy w*nkfest unfold. Best part of a billion quid spent on players most of whom I've never heard of (maybe I'm out of touch).... and fans all over the land (including in S2) getting mardy because their/our club aren't chucking hundreds of thousands or millions if pounds around.

Screw that. We are currently 2nd in the league... great manager at the helm and on the back if a great win less than 4 days ago. I do think that we need to sign some players and shift a few on. But, for the sake of sanity don't get sucked into this self generating hyperbole. I reckon Nigel Adkins knows a bit more about all of this than I do (admittedly not a difficult test to pass) and that he will get us where we all want to be (with the backing of a board who appointed him and want (NEED) him to succeed.

Transfer deadline day is one of the best examples of the kind of artificial, plastic crap which Mr Murdoch has given us.

Sit back, chill and laugh at the arrogance of Sergio Berhinio (sp?) at WBA. What a bell. Thank God we don't appear to have any toss pots like him.

Transfer deadline day. What a farce. Switch onto Sky and watch the giddy w*nkfest unfold. Best part of a billion quid spent on players most of whom I've never heard of (maybe I'm out of touch).... and fans all over the land (including in S2) getting mardy because their/our club aren't chucking hundreds of thousands or millions if pounds around.

Screw that. We are currently 2nd in the league... great manager at the helm and on the back if a great win less than 4 days ago. I do think that we need to sign some players and shift a few on. But, for the sake of sanity don't get sucked into this self generating hyperbole. I reckon Nigel Adkins knows a bit more about all of this than I do (admittedly not a difficult test to pass) and that he will get us where we all want to be (with the backing of a board who appointed him and want (NEED) him to succeed.

Transfer deadline day is one of the best examples of the kind of artificial, plastic crap which Mr Murdoch has given us.

Sit back, chill and laugh at the arrogance of Sergio Berhinio (sp?) at WBA. What a bell. Thank God we don't appear to have any toss pots like him.

No we sell them before they get arrogant :)

Best post today. Why people get all hyped up hoping we blow ridiculous fees on average junk is beyond me. Season after season oeople watch the TV and how clubs spunk all their money up the wall just to keep up with the Jones'.

Sit tight play the loan market because actually what we have is doing pretty well.

They have to get giddy, after-all the premier league teams are only spending SKY money!

Some decent signings and I reckon Man Utd probably made a shrewd signing even if it was over priced. Overall a lot of money spent but it was an anti-climax. They hyped up rather a lot of pointless transfers like Nathan Dyer signing on loan to Leicester.

Only thing I really did like was West Brom telling Spurs to fuck off and pay the right price for Saido Berahino. Usually Daniel Levy seems to get who he wants every transfer window. This time he has pissed off the Spurs fans by not paying the right price: http://talksport.com/football/totte...ke-tottenham-fans-slam-daniel-levy-over-saido

WANKFEST - I think Sheffield is missing a trick. Consider the marketing potential, the scope and potential for posters selling a message that could become emblematic of what's best about Sheffield is vast. It could begin at La Chambre, the home of sloppy seconds and bodily juices, and with the appointment of a Wankfest officer the council could mop up (couldn't resist) as there must be a sizeable audience eager to participate in this most lurid of weekend escapes. Nowt like a bit of culture to raise Sheffield's profile, in fact put it on when the snooker's taking place, even add a few dedicated buses to take visitors to places of interest, surely we aren't short of a few choice dogging attractions and the like?

Transfer deadline day. What a farce.
post of the week mate ;)
as for Berahino.. come on it is WBA.. who wants to play for them ffs?? :)
most interesting one for me was Marko Djuricin going to Brentford.. ex Sturm top scorer ended up in Red Bull reserves last season. he is a decent player.

Tbf, it's not a Murdoch thing. It's a EUFA thing. The continental leagues had transfer windows so they made us have one.

It's become a farce because of the commercial side of the game, players are on costly contracts so you offer to buy them late in the day, lower than their valuation. The parent club has the choice of selling cheap or spending six months of wages on their contracts until JTW. It's just a massive game of brinkmanship between businessmen who know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

Levy is a prime example of this, he's been doing it for years, tapping players up and then trying to steal them from other clubs, whilst playing hardball with buyers of his own players. I'm glad it's kicked him in the bollocks, no-one likes doing business with Spurs (apart from maybe Swindon).

Back
Top Bottom