What is international about the Lane International Bar?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Canterbury Blade

Reaction score
Just seen that a tenner gets you a season's membership.

Is there anything international about it??

Personally I'd just appreciate a decent pint of proper bitter and preferably one made in Sheffield. The birthday party had some kelham island ale in the car park, chesterfield have ale in the home part (I was one of the undercover Blades last year and sampled their spire ale) and anyone who has been to Orient will appreciate the beer effort made there.. I'm also told Brighton do a good pint for next year...

This year looks like we may have some celebratory supping to do, let's hope the club wake up to selling decent beer... Call it what you like, but sell whats wanted..

And I know this isn't a football thread but its Thursday.. And beer is important!

The food and drink service, particularly on the south stand, is rubbish. They have the equipment to pour 8 pints at a time and yet pour pretty much to order. What's that all about? Get the lager poured in bulk, have the hot cupboards facing the staff so pies are easily at hand, shift the queue, and then maybe there's time to pour a half decent ale to the madding crowd. Bar service like this is not rocket science.

Put the price of the ale up a smidge to cover extra staff costs involved in pouring it.

Job done.

McCabe hit every decent bar in Europe within five years of his original statement...

The food and drink service, particularly on the south stand, is rubbish. They have the equipment to pour 8 pints at a time and yet pour pretty much to order. What's that all about? Get the lager poured in bulk, have the hot cupboards facing the staff so pies are easily at hand, shift the queue, and then maybe there's time to pour a half decent ale to the madding crowd. Bar service like this is not rocket science.

Put the price of the ale up a smidge to cover extra staff costs involved in pouring it.Job done.

Where's that damn unlike button! :mad:

If they ramp up the price much more it'll cost more for a half-time pint than it costs to get in in the first place.

Hand pulled goodness in a plastic glass? No thanks, everything tastes rubbish in plastic. But if they served decent beer in proper glasses (never going to happen I know) at normal market rates then I would be happy. Would probably forget to watch the second half though ;)

I think you can catch the Eurostar from there.

I believe that the International Bar relates to the quality of players we are allowed to sign.

:rolleyes:

Put the price of the ale up a smidge to cover extra staff costs involved in pouring it.

Job done.
Ventured in there last night, £3.90 for a pint of that shite IPA served by charmless bar staff that had a personality by-pass, and they pull the blinds down at 7.30 what's all that about ? Wish I had stopped on London Rd till 10.00 :rolleyes:. As for increasing the price of the said beer hope you enjoy it, I won't be taking up the offer of membership.

Back
Top Bottom