2015/2016 Season Finish Predictions

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How do you predict united's league finish 2015/2016?

• 1st

Votes: 54 41.2%
  • 2nd

Votes: 43 32.8%
  • 3rd

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • 4th

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • 5th

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 6th

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 7th - 20th

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • 21st - 24th

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

Barney

Reaction score
With 8 days to go till the start of the season I thought now might be a good time to make predictions on our league finish.

By all means wait untill the start of the season or whenever you see fit to best use your prediction, (or for many whenever we see that/those centre halfs arrive) but as it was on my mind I thought i'd post it anyway to see if anyone feels strong enough about things to predict now.

It will be interesting to see how the votes progress throughout the season.

Has to be auto promotion this year, but not sure if we will finish top.
At the moment I'm thinking 4th-5th but I'm going to wait till the end of the transfer window to predict on the basis of whether or not we recruit those all important centre backs.

Got to be a top 2 finish i think we have finally got the right manager in to do this. when bringing players in he is in no rush for signing players for the sake of it. calm cool collective a players manager is how i veiw new nigel he will get the best out of our squad of players see us finishing second

I think League one is there for the taking this year. Wigan seem to be our biggest competitor, but they have a questionable manager in Gary Caldwell.
I think if positive Nige gets us going early, we'll be difficult to stop. Added in with the return of some key players from injury too.
I'm going for a top 1 finish ;)

With 8 days to go till the start of the season I thought now might be a good time to make predictions on our league finish.

By all means wait untill the start of the season or whenever you see fit to best use your prediction, (or for many whenever we see that/those centre halfs arrive) but as it was on my mind I thought i'd post it anyway to see if anyone feels strong enough about things to predict now.

It will be interesting to see how the votes progress throughout the season.

Anything less than automatic promotion will be deemed as failure . We may finsh up playing good football , but the proof of the pudding , will be

If we go on a losing run , can we bounce back

Have the players got the mental strentgh , to deal with pressure and knock backs , to go all the way.

Unfortunatley you cannot always buy the above , and can be a unknown quantirty , until it happens.

This is were Adkins management and exprience will be invaluable. Teams before , like Tramere and Orient , in the past , have fallen at certain hurdles . This season i think we can go all the way.

UTB

I always think we're going to get promoted...every season...so I think we'll win the League.
Is that your prediction or just a thought because i think exactly the same as you except i think we will finish second. anyway all this thinking is making me tired i will do some more thinking in morning

As long as we're promoted I'll be happy. It's not a lack of faith, but in the scheme of things where we begin next season is all that matters. In a few years time I doubt anyone will care too much about whether we were champions, finished second, or made it through the play-offs, after all, surely it's promotion that counts isn't it? We're meant to be building for the future, so promotion to the Championship is the single most important next step, and from there we can attract better players, players who currently wouldn't give us the time of day (and who can blame them given the division we're currently languishing in?).

Promotion is the only thing I care about, and I guess that when we're promoted, and when we inquire about better quality players, it's then that we'll be met with the type of positive response that evades us at the moment.

The third tier title is the only one we are missing from the set of four, and I hope we can achieve it and then never return to this wilderness (hopefully in MY and all YOUR lifetimes).

UTB

I dont want the cost and subsequent depression of the play-offs, so automatic promotion will do me thanks.

Agreed. The play-off final is a depressing event - ridiculous expense and insane kick-off time meaning the day is one big fuck up. It's not as if we don't know Wembley like the back of our hand.

Autos or nowt for me.

If we don't get automatic promotion then I'm afraid we will have failed and Mr Adkins and his team should be picking up their P45's - just as Mr Clough and his team did in May
Automatic promotion is expected by everyone !
Don't forget we now have Billy Sharp !

If we don't get automatic promotion then I'm afraid we will have failed and Mr Adkins and his team should be picking up their P45's - just as Mr Clough and his team did in May

That seems overly harsh. Obviously everyone wants and expects automatic but if we have a decent season surely he's entitled to another year?

9 managers in 9 years tells its own story - marooned in the third division. We can't keep giving people a 5 minute slot.

ISC

My betting account reminds me just how confident I was at the beginning of last season:(.

So I've doubled up this season.:eek:

Let's have a great start with Done and Brayford to add like new signings in due course. Central defenders? - I'm relaxed about them. We'll swarm teams all over the pitch. Hoping for no more long term injuries to key players though.

That seems overly harsh. Obviously everyone wants and expects automatic but if we have a decent season surely he's entitled to another year?

9 managers in 9 years tells its own story - marooned in the third division. We can't keep giving people a 5 minute slot.

ISC

Are you working to Pluto time?

2nd and i would be happy with that,and if we manage to get 1st i will get mi t1ts out round back of Argos.

Im sticking with 3rd, as not only is it our traditional place of just missing out over last few yrs ie 02/03 08/09 11/12. But I think our defending will cost us & my predicted top 6 would be
1st - Wigan
2nd - Peterborough
------------------------
3rd - Sheff Utd
4th - Barnsley
5th - Burton
6th - Millwall

ISC
I agree we must stick with him whatever happens this season but ultimately anything other than automatic for Sheffield United in the third division is failure in anyones book at any time.

Im sticking with 3rd, as not only is it our traditional place of just missing out over last few yrs ie 02/03 08/09 11/12. But I think our defending will cost us & my predicted top 6 would be
1st - Wigan
2nd - Peterborough
------------------------
3rd - Sheff Utd
4th - Barnsley
5th - Burton
6th - Millwall

That's pretty much how I've got it.

BUT.

If we sign one or two good central defenders in the next couple of weeks, I'm more than happy to change my mind.

Our central defence at the moment is genuinely pitiful and I'm sure... I hope.... Nigel is aware of this.

That's pretty much how I've got it.

BUT.

If we sign one or two good central defenders in the next couple of weeks, I'm more than happy to change my mind.

Our central defence at the moment is genuinely pitiful and I'm sure... I hope.... Nigel is aware of this.

If we don't sign two big, solid, dominant CHs, preferably with the ability to play football and not just hoof .... we will NOT be in a position to mount a realistic challenge for automatic promotion and I'm not interested in play-offs at all given our pitiful record !! :(
UTB & FTP

Too many variables to say anything but top six, just look at the injury list after a few friendly's.
We have had seasons when even the loan players brought in because of injuries have got injured .....:(

The difference this season will be confidence and positive attitude. Our Achilles heel last year was succumbing to small clubs who smelled our fear at losing to small clubs. Adkins will, hopefully, create the same sense of invincibility that we saw from Wolves and Brizzel. Assuming, we have the ability that is.

Absolutely no chance we finish outside the top 2. I will amazed if we don't walk the league in fact.

Back
Top Bottom