Che's best position?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Che's best position

• Right wing

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Striker

Votes: 38 71.7%
  • Just behind strikers

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters

Barney

Reaction score
If he gets in the side which hopefully he does, it's not clear where Adkins will play him, I'm thinking he'll choose Sammon and Sharp to start as they're his signings so where does that leave Che and is that his best position?

Last edited by a moderator:

Got to be the right wing, he can cut in to help the forwards when he can, he will be lost in midfield he needs space to run at defences, let him use his strengths. Don't know how this would fit in with Murphy?

Got to be the right wing, he can cut in to help the forwards when he can, he will be lost in midfield he needs space to run at defences, let him use his strengths. Don't know how this would fit in with Murphy?

yep agree with that - he looks his best when he has 20-30 yards to run at people - seems naturally right footed.

Pace frightens defences.

There were a few big gripes from forum members last season, and one was .........."lack of pace in the team" - Billy is not going to solve that problem - Sammon, puts himself about a bit according to Derby fans, but with Murphy on one side and Che on the other it will frighten the opposition to death. Putting the opposition on the back foot, as they are concerned about players with pace, makes them play deeper so it's just another cog in how we should approach games - ie: take it to them as against letting teams like Fleetwood and Crewe dictate to us.

UTB

At least put him on substitutes bench with a view to actually playing him sometime during game

His best position is upfront, but modern attackers can play any attacking role.

I'd say Che is very much a 'modern attacker' in the making. Has it all.

I think he should be a striker, because he lacks a trick. Seems to have been working on his sprinting too.

If he starts on the right for now due to JCR's injury, I can see him flipping with Sammon and moving up top when required. Sometimes injuries allow you to get to your best team.

I think he should be a striker, because he lacks a trick. Seems to have been working on his sprinting too.

If he starts on the right for now due to JCR's injury, I can see him flipping with Sammon and moving up top when required. Sometimes injuries allow you to get to your best team.

I'd much rather have JAM and Done fit and fighting for places, big blow IMO...they're professional footballers and should thrive on the competition.

I'd much rather have JAM and Done fit and fighting for places, big blow IMO...they're professional footballers and should thrive on the competition.

The lad Otis Khan is a quality prospect on the wing and will fill in seamlessly.

natural finisher he must start up front to get the best out of him .
this lad aint no winger he's wasted there and as soon he puts a few dodgy crosses in people will be on his back and he'll be out of the team. cant stress enough he MUST play upfront preferably with sharp imo.

Owwwwww, you forgot to put "coming off the bench" as an option.

Coming off the bench - until he's learned how to do the dirty work when he doesn't have the ball.

His best position - anywhere with the ball at his feet and space to run. At Macc he seemed completely lost until that happened - and then he was electric. From his cameos last year there's a pattern emerging.

A really exciting talent, but I could see us looking like we're playing with 10 men for large periods until we can work the ball into the places he can make an impact.

He did well going forward on the wing, but didn't offer much to support Freeman when we were attacked down the right. Similarly all of Sharp, Sammon and Higdon did more when we hadn't got the ball in terms of harrying defenders and closing down space.

Nothing to suggest that he won't learn. I'm really excited to watch how he develops.

Up front, feeding off Sammon. The big lad would put it on a plate for Che and even if it aint it will be somewhere near Che and his athleticism. I foresee another exciting season as a Blade, hopefully this one will have the BIG finish. :D

Che's best position?

Back o' the net!

In the absence of Jam, Coutts, Flynn and Done, I think he's nailed on right wing although it could end up being more of a 4-3-3.

Saw him play on the wing a few times last season and I don't think he looked comfortable. His natural position is up front so why play him anywhere else? I'd prefer JCR or Flynn (when fit) on the right (or maybe Murphy with Woolford on left?). I'd like to see us start with Adams and Sharp as front two as per Macc game with Sammon starting on the bench.

I can't for the life of me see the point of playing players out of position if you don't need to (a la Clough). It's demoralising for the players as they are not playing to their potential and the crowd soon get onto them if they don't perform.

However, I trust NA to pick the best side according to who we're playing.

An odd thread this.

He's only a young lad yet I've seen millions of T shirts with him wearing a daft beret. Whenever I've been in the souvenir shop, sorry 'Superstore', they don't even sell stereotypical French headgear.

Mind you, I never got the whole Ninja Turtle thing so maybe it's just me.....

Jim Phipps reckons we'll be playing largely 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 this season - Good!

Don't know who told him though. Probably Max....

Back
Top Bottom