Pocco on the Blades..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I remember him praising the atmosphere after the match, but at the time I felt he was more praising our effort of getting to a semi final. The fact that he still points it out as his favourite atmosphere is nice to hear.

Premier League club, League One team ;)
UTB

Just been reading the article via newsnow and was about to post the same.

Let's hope he experiences it again when we're back in the prem

It sounded like 35,000 that evening, for sure. I'd lost my voice next morning!

I thought the atmosphere was pretty tense early on, then quiet after Spurs scored...(except for Spurs fans who were quite boisterous throughout). I was quite disappointed really.... though after we went in front it was pretty mental. Pity that didn't happen earlier... we could have really shown what a great place BDTBL is when it's "bouncing".

I had headache for 2 days after celebrating our second goal.

At one point I thought I was going to black-out... then was jolted back to reality when I realised my wedding ring had flown off in the mad celebration.... (the black-out would have been from the missus when I got home....)

Remember that fans league one of the papers run when we were in the prem?

The league was being decided on the decibels produced inside the stadium. Blades and Pompey were neck and neck. Was class, always remember that.

Reading bottom unsurprisingly.

Well said Pocco!
Have grown to like him a lot.
At Southampton he frustrated me a bit for first 2 years cos he seemingly refused to speak English.
It's probably a confidence thing, coz when he started his English was good (better than mine & Ollies!)
;)
We shouldn't complain as us Brits generally are the worst at learning a second language- remember "talking louder doesn't make it easier to understand."

UTB
FTP

Future Blades manager that lad..we do like our Argies. Poch head coach with Sabella as assistant...can fit H S Veron in there somewhere too...he grew up wanting to play for the RAWW!!

Future Blades manager that lad..we do like our Argies. Poch head coach with Sabella as assistant...can fit H S Veron in there somewhere too...he grew up wanting to play for the RAWW!!

And we nearly signed Maradonna

I thought the atmosphere was pretty tense early on, then quiet after Spurs scored...(except for Spurs fans who were quite boisterous throughout). I was quite disappointed really.... though after we went in front it was pretty mental. Pity that didn't happen earlier... we could have really shown what a great place BDTBL is when it's "bouncing".
Agree I thought it was a bit quiet at first. He ought to have been there for the Charlton quarter final or the Forest play-off. The period when Che scored the 2 goals was something else though and I suppose it's that that's stuck in his mind which is no surprise as I don't doubt that he'd never heard anything like that before.

Can't believe everyone's still wanking over this. The atmosphere was as flat as it was all season until we were in front.

#everywherewego

I think it's more that it's an easy answer to an interviewer's question.

If he mentions another Premier League ground as having a good atmosphere, it's going to annoy some Spurs fans. Being so far below, we're non-threatening, so uncontroversial.

Back
Top Bottom