Big thanks to Jim Phipps

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Gretschblade

Reaction score
I would like to say a public thankyou to Jim Phipps.I am jointly running a charity event in aid of the Alzheimers Society next Friday night and just on the off chance we emailed Jim about the possibility of a small prize donation to raffle or auction off.

Jim came back with the donation of 2 VIP days at a home match including meals in the 1889 suite with Jim and other board members, followed by seats for the game in the Directors Box and then the usual after match stuff in the bar behind with the players etc.

Chesterfield FC have also kindly donated a signed football.

Should you wish to be part of this auction, the event is held at Harleys on Market Street in Staveley this coming Friday 10th July. There will be a live band, Trinity Road and vocalist and long time Blade Joe Thomas all giving up their time to perform for the charity.
Tickets are £5 advance or £6 on the door with ALL proceeds going to the Alzheimers Society, something very close to our hearts in recent times.

Once again, thankyou Jim. A terrific offering that we never expected.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&sty=2&act=1&mid=2109942317#BeC8C1MYTGFpUyYp.99

I would like to say a public thankyou to Jim Phipps.I am jointly running a charity event in aid of the Alzheimers Society next Friday night and just on the off chance we emailed Jim about the possibility of a small prize donation to raffle or auction off.

Jim came back with the donation of 2 VIP days at a home match including meals in the 1889 suite with Jim and other board members, followed by seats for the game in the Directors Box and then the usual after match stuff in the bar behind with the players etc.

Chesterfield FC have also kindly donated a signed football.

Should you wish to be part of this auction, the event is held at Harleys on Market Street in Staveley this coming Friday 10th July. There will be a live band, Trinity Road and vocalist and long time Blade Joe Thomas all giving up their time to perform for the charity.
Tickets are £5 advance or £6 on the door with ALL proceeds going to the Alzheimers Society, something very close to our hearts in recent times.

Once again, thankyou Jim. A terrific offering that we never expected.

That's a fantastic gesture. Well done JP and good luck Gretschblade

A great gesture by Jim and the club in particular.

On a similar note I saw a thread on Sheffield Forum criticising the blades for trying to set up a scheme to ensure kids get a good breakfast every day.

That is fantastic! Both from Jim And yourself. Well done, and I hope it's a brilliant night.

On the basis I win the auction for the two tickets - I wonder which other forum member I should invite as my guest?

Reasons in writing why you should be selected.............

Well done on raising funds for something that seems so chronically underfunded by government given It affects at least 850000, not forgetting the families\carers for whom it is a nightmare.
Me and my daughter are doing the memory walk at Rother Valley on 3rd Oct, Blades away so a good day if others fancy it

Well done on raising funds for something that seems so chronically underfunded by government given It affects at least 850000, not forgetting the families\carers for whom it is a nightmare.
Me and my daughter are doing the memory walk at Rother Valley on 3rd Oct, Blades away so a good day if others fancy it

A terrible illness for all concerned.

I'm sure Brownieblade can provide a long list of sick jokes he doesn't find funny about it.

On the basis I win the auction for the two tickets - I wonder which other forum member I should invite as my guest?

Reasons in writing why you should be selected.............

I'm a schizophrenic so really you'd be getting 3 free tickets...

A terrible illness for all concerned.

I'm sure Brownieblade can provide a long list of sick jokes he doesn't find funny about it.

From what I understand about it - and I worked in this area about 30 years ago sometimes the person with Alzheimer's is not really suffering that much - but the consequences for the family can be devastating as, for instance, a parent forgets their child.

At other times, in particular the onset of the disease and the resultant disorientation can be extremely frightening and dangerous.

A great gesture by Jim and the club in particular.

On a similar note I saw a thread on Sheffield Forum criticising the blades for trying to set up a scheme to ensure kids get a good breakfast every day.

Sheffield Forum is, without doubt, the shittiest website on the internet. It used to be a good site 10 years ago, but has been totally ruined by giving moderator positions to the exact kind of people who yearn that role but should never receive it. 182,000 odd members, and I'd wager 181,000 of those are accounts that have been banned, locked or have thrown the towel in (!!). I've seen threads 10s and even 100s of pages long be deleted because two knobheads have an argument (sometimes really interesting threads, where people have typed really long, descriptive, informative posts), that kind of shit really gets people's backs up, and many of those who haven't been banned have walked away angry.

What I'm saying is; you shouldn't take everything you read on Sheffield Forum seriously, they've made many, many enemies over the years. There are many users who have made a home on other sites constantly trolling their userbase/moderators! ;) (once you realise there are probably 100's of active accounts who are deliberately trolling the site, reading it becomes a whole lot more entertaining!).

Great cause and great gesture from SUFC!

UTB!

Back
Top Bottom