There's one thing I'll miss now Clough's gone...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I thought the Clough and Garner show was from last year, not last season?

I'll miss watching us set up for a snatch and grab 1 nil at home to Yeovil etc
I'll miss my first half snooze
I'll miss our 5 yard pass free kicks and then three minutes later still tapping the ball around in defence
Etc etc

I'll miss him tearing McNulty a new arse everyweek.

thatll show the bastard!!!

I'll miss our 5 yard pass free kicks and then three minutes later still tapping the ball around in defence
Etc etc
I remember that against Coventry when we came back form 2-0 down, so frustrating

...the Garner/Morgs show, I'd been hoping for another edition this summer. Maybe we should have that on the selection criteria - ability to create a comedy double act with Morgs to keep morale up

What will others miss ?
Can Morgan have his own show, like a chat show with the players

Etc etc
Not once though did they ever keep possession for over a minute I am sure.

...the Garner/Morgs show, I'd been hoping for another edition this summer. Maybe we should have that on the selection criteria - ability to create a comedy double act with Morgs to keep morale up

What will others miss ?

I know what you mean, it's a bit like when Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis split...

I'll miss all those wonderful, funny nicknames...Negative Nigel for example.
Don't worry you could have the positive name of "Adding Adkins". You heard it first here folks.
Otherwise if it goes badly we could be back to Negative Nigel:(

I'll miss Clough IF we get Parkinson.

Sorry, but better the devil you know in this scenario.

UTB
I don't quite get the anti Parkinson thing. I'm in a tiny minority on here, I appreciate.

He's got a better CV than Clough and is more adaptable in his style. He plays some long ball stuff with Bradford, but that could well be to do with having no resource at all, and playing to the strengths of what he has. He's done a fantastic job at Bradford.

Though I wouldn't have fired Clough (yet) for him, I'm not nearly as negative as many on here. It didn't seem so lonely chatting in the pub last night, with a fair few more positive about him.

Another name that cropped up regularly was Steve Evans - though as popular as a fart in a lift on here.

UTB

His handling of young players could well be missed. What hope for Reed or Scougall if we go all Blackwellian again?

There is also mcnulty to consider. He's gets a lot of grief, however as a south stander the abuse he got from garner and clough at times was not very conductive. He looked confused as to whether chase things down or move back to the half way line. To be fair most of the team didn't know either.

I don't quite get the anti Parkinson thing. I'm in a tiny minority on here, I appreciate.

He's got a better CV than Clough and is more adaptable in his style. He plays some long ball stuff with Bradford, but that could well be to do with having no resource at all, and playing to the strengths of what he has. He's done a fantastic job at Bradford.

Though I wouldn't have fired Clough (yet) for him, I'm not nearly as negative as many on here. It didn't seem so lonely chatting in the pub last night, with a fair few more positive about him.

Another name that cropped up regularly was Steve Evans - though as popular as a fart in a lift on here.

UTB

Alco - I understand your sentiments. Clough had started something and although he had issues, the continual changing of managers is just not good. We now have the same reputation the pigs had from 1997 onwards when they kept trying different people - with very little success.

As for Parkinson - he is nothing more than average, similar to Danny Wilson. I frankly couldn't give a monkeys about DW playing/managing the pigs - his record with previous clubs was not good, apart from Barnsley first time round. Parkinson is with Bradford for a reason and does not seem to have anything other to offer than same old, same old. We might get a change of football philosophy when we can't really afford one.

Whatever the reasons for Cloughs departure could set us back not only two years with the next manager, but the one after that as well.

Ideally we need a manger who can actually make the players we have, better. We need more from Harris, Scoogal, Mcnulty, Murphy, Flynn et al and to do that we need the right sort of manager.

Parkinson, might succeed - but he just doesn't seem to have that "little bit extra", not that we deserve it, but we need it - and we need it badly now.

Parkinson would be an average punt in the dark - is that what we have now become?

UTB

I fear so.

I agree with your post. I don't want Parkinson, I just don't feel nearly as negative about him as most, I think. We are very much a third division club at the moment. The manager is likely to reflect that.

UTB

A few issues for me. With Weir followed by Clough we have a squad, like it or not, that has been assembled to play football on the deck (passing game, ticky-tacky whatever). If the remit is promotion this season, why even look at a manager known for more of a long-ball game? It would be another move in another direction and a couple of seasons to get the key players to play that way. Doesn't make sense on that score.

Secondly, we're spending nigh on £1m to install a super quality pitch. If Parky is the anointed one, why bother? Not needed for the more direct game, in fact a major factor against playing it effectively.

Like it or not, we seem as a club to have moved towards a passing game with player recruitment and now the pitch to back it up. Parkinson just seems illogical to me.

Back
Top Bottom