star

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Star says the list is down to three. They relased a thumbnail on their twitter account. The 3 men in the pitcture were Robbo a big one of Parkinson and Adkins.

Wishful thinking sadly probably none of the above in the long run. They will all probably have better things to do next season.
I did see on one of the betting sites, as an outside bet, Brain Laws (sic) could do with some footballing brains in charge but possibly not an ex-pig.

I'd post Meatloaf's "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad" if I could be arsed

Thanks for that.

The process is interesting - but one concern is that the ability to perform at interview and the ability to do a job are two different things.

I've spoken to some senior managers who seem unaware of this, and wondered why some of their staff weren't up to much.

But there's no way that's going to happen here...

View attachment 11879
Our future manager, FROM A SHORT LIST will be grilled in the offices in
BELGIUM
Bastion Tower - L20 | Place du Champ de Mars 5 | Brussels 1050
behind closed doors monday and tuesday,
My daughter in law will be laying out the coffee and sandwiches

SHALL WE GET A COACH TRIP UP

Yes, by all means. No pick-up at Bradford, though!

View attachment 11879
Our future manager, FROM A SHORT LIST will be grilled in the offices in
BELGIUM
Bastion Tower - L20 | Place du Champ de Mars 5 | Brussels 1050
behind closed doors monday and tuesday,
My daughter in law will be laying out the coffee and sandwiches

SHALL WE GET A COACH TRIP UP
More important. Does the building have a car park?

For those who are unaware, The Star is 24-48 hours out of date as soon as it's published. It is a complete irrelevance in these days of instant and direct information.

I thought they just looked online for their source anyway.

Interview process unravelled.........

Jesus wept....

I highly doubt that the interview process would be the same as if I went for a job.

so kev, what references do you have?......

This winds me up as well.......

This is our most important choice evar!!!11!! we need to get this right!!!111!! lets make sure we dont fuck this up!!!11!!

well yes, im guessing every management choice is the most important choice the club can make.

From that Stir link:

'Applicants for the managerial vacancy at Bramall Lane were asked to supply a series of references, outlining both their personal and professional attributes, before being placed on the short-list to succeed Nigel Clough, writes James Shield.

The selection process, described by a source as the most exhaustive and rigorous search undertaken by Sheffield United’s hierarchy since Neil Warnock’s departure eight years ago, is designed to avoid a repeat of the upheaval which contributed towards their defeat in the play-off semi-finals last term.'

The most exhaustive and rigourous search..? Given our last few managers, I'd say it's the only exhaustive and rigourous search they've undertaken. Unless, of course, they go for Phil Parkinson and prove that they've learnt absolutely nothing.

Don't worry, just trust in McCabe's gut feeling

I empathise with McCabe . The bloke lets his heart rule his head , and sometimes cant see the wood for the trees when it comes to recruiting managers . He has cocked it up so many times , he is better off , standing back and let someone else lead the process . You could say let Brannigan do it , but he has been so close to Clough , he made be swayed with the idea of a direct clone replacement.

I would leave it to the prince and is advisors , who can make a decision , with the help of Morgan. However someone has to inform them you cannot go on a match seen on telly , as a starter for ten.

Bradford v Chelsea means nowt . (re Parkinson ) .If you went on cup performance premise , Clough would be in the running for the Liverpool job .

Tricky one at the lane , as its a bit like the blind leading the blind.

UTB

For those who are unaware, The Star is 24-48 hours out of date as soon as it's published. It is a complete irrelevance in these days of instant and direct information.
24 hours ? You can get more current news in the champion.

From that Stir link:

'Applicants for the managerial vacancy at Bramall Lane were asked to supply a series of references, outlining both their personal and professional attributes, before being placed on the short-list to succeed Nigel Clough, writes James Shield.

The selection process, described by a source as the most exhaustive and rigorous search undertaken by Sheffield United’s hierarchy since Neil Warnock’s departure eight years ago, is designed to avoid a repeat of the upheaval which contributed towards their defeat in the play-off semi-finals last term.'

The most exhaustive and rigourous search..? Given our last few managers, I'd say it's the only exhaustive and rigourous search they've undertaken. Unless, of course, they go for Phil Parkinson and prove that they've learnt absolutely nothing.

More superficial bollocks from The Star. If we do get the man we want, he won't be an 'applicant' at all!

I empathise with McCabe . The bloke lets his heart rule his head , and sometimes cant see the wood for the trees when it comes to recruiting managers . He has cocked it up so many times , he is better off , standing back and let someone else lead the process . You could say let Brannigan do it , but he has been so close to Clough , he made be swayed with the idea of a direct clone replacement.

I would leave it to the prince and is advisors , who can make a decision , with the help of Morgan. However someone has to inform them you cannot go on a match seen on telly , as a starter for ten.

Bradford v Chelsea means nowt . (re Parkinson ) .If you went on cup performance premise , Clough would be in the running for the Liverpool job .

Tricky one at the lane , as its a bit like the blind leading the blind.

UTB

I would see Morgan's role more as a sort of sexual consultant. "When we want your fucking advice, we'll ask for it..."

Robinson by a whisker from Adkins for me but no complaints with either. Robinson just because he knows the division as of last season when he realised you can attack teams. He also seems good at getting the best out of loan signings, youngsters and midfielders such as potter and Gleeson. If it's someone to utliIiZe what we have then it's really robinson's job if he wants it.

My only fear with Adkins is he will bring forte back who seems to do ok everywhere apart from with us!

Please board, listen to the fans on this one and we can move forward united! Pardon the pun

I have also been reading up on parky just incAse and I see nothing to warrant him replacing clough. His only promotion from this division was nearly 10 years ago and although he can shop in the bargain basement, he hasn't brought anyone through to be sold on to a higher division. The striker who joined Huddersfield was at the club before parky I believe.

Back
Top Bottom