New Manager Poll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who Next?

• Phil Parkinson

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nigel Adkins

Votes: 87 48.3%
  • Mark Warburton

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Karl Robinson

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • Darren Ferguson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mark Cooper

• Glenn Hoddle

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • John Carver

• Sam Allardyce

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Schteeve McLaren

• Brian Deane

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Gus Poyet

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Ian Holloway

• Malky Mackay

• Neil Redfern

• Steve Evans

• Stuart McCall

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Alex Sabella

• Chris Morgan

• Keith Hill

• Paul Lambert

• Billy Davies

• Michael Appleton

• A.N Other (please state)

Votes: 7 3.9%

• Total voters

The Bladey Bladey nonsense begins.

A massive NO to:

Deane - a complete novice. Wouldn't even get a mention if he hadn't played for Dinosaur Dave.

Silk share - Why? Why Why?

Evans - Obnoxious cheat. Pass me that barge pole.

Allardyce - The archetypal Hoofer.

McCall - Uninspiring mediocrity.

Morgan - Brainless Bladey Hoofer. Should be sacked, not promoted.

Warnock - Oh dear, oh dear...

Holdsworth, Peschisolido, Currie, Edwards....not yet I know...but just wait....it'll get dafter....
We need a more direct attacking style of play not the sideways and backwards boring NC tactics,Bassett style

Adkins is a win-win for the board.
We get promoted, they are the heroes for appointing him.
We don't, the fans can't complain as he was wanted by many.

Oh but they will....they will!

Cake and eat it - it's the Bladesfans' Way.

Tweet posted last night on BM:

@BBQKING1973: Hot off the press people keep your eyes on the news, good friend tells me that Nigel Clough has been sacked not sure if anyone can confirm

Same BM poster posted this:

According to one of the people who broke the news last night it is a guy who is/has been in charge of a London based club and they've been in talks for the last 2 weeks.
Who could that be then? The Big Sam? Warburton? Do McDermott and Adkins count with Reading?

Make some suggestions then

These sackings will cost the Board a fortune and they also have 5 ex-Derby players who will be unsettled. We might just have an ambitious Board at last. It cost a fortune to install Clough and all his cronies as well as to dismiss them.

The coming appointment will speak volumes.

I hope it's a manger to lift us 2 levels, not just one to get us up one step. I hope it's a manager who has a track record of signing good players, playing positive football and encouraging the team win or lose.

Over to the Board. Not Morgan please, please,no.

Suggestions: Paul Lambert, Warburton/ Weir duo, Gary Rowett, Stuart McCall, Karl Robinson.

Live Manager Odds

Looking at the shortlist there are a few very good names in the hat, I for one wouldn't be upset if Warnock were to come back, hes the sort of manager who could get the players in check and out of this league at the first attempt in my opinion. Failing that i think Adkins is up there in my list.

And I can dream so I would love to see Solskjaer have another crack at an English club, he did wonders in Norway before a torrid spell with Cardiff.
i'd be furious if Warnock came back. in fact i'd cut my ST in half

Adkins
Warburton
McDermott
Redfern
Lambert
and that's just a few of the out of work managers and no Bladey connections all would be an improvement on Clough. I do think the OP has put up an appalling list to vote on with only Adkins being worthy of consideration.

He says he wants a 'challenge in England'..welcome to hell Jurgen..

The Championship division is this way!

EA4E8FBFA81445F856DBE4633486A.jpg

The Bladey Bladey nonsense begins.

A massive NO to:

Deane - a complete novice. Wouldn't even get a mention if he hadn't played for Dinosaur Dave.

Silk share - Why? Why Why?

Evans - Obnoxious cheat. Pass me that barge pole.

Allardyce - The archetypal Hoofer.

McCall - Uninspiring mediocrity.

Morgan - Brainless Bladey Hoofer. Should be sacked, not promoted.

Warnock - Oh dear, oh dear...

Holdsworth, Peschisolido, Currie, Edwards....not yet I know...but just wait....it'll get dafter....
As morgs kept onto his job by the way. Didn't see his name mentioned anywhere.

May be controversial but Neil Redfearn for me.

He's developed some very good young players at Leeds and done well in the centre of the circus ring in very difficult circumstances at a real basket case of a club.

I think he could take our young and talented players, add a couple of defenders and produce an exciting and successful team.

Well, here we are again. None of us will ever know the post mortem discussions after last season but I hope there was one & Clough given the opportunity to explain why there was no spine to the team & what he was going to do about it. I guess his answer didn't reach the level required. So now they have the opportunity to find someone who can put together a system, team & squad that doesn't need dismantling every close season/change of manager

My biggest hope is that McCabe is kept as far from this process as his humanly possible.

I only managed one league game last season & took my lads to see us at Port Vale. A bigger contrast from the cup performances anyone could hope for. We got bullied in every position on the park so a bit surprised Rob Page hasn't been mentioned.

There is a way of playing strong attacking football without resorting to hoof, thuggery or messing about with tippy tappy backwards sideways nonsense.

Anyone who can give us that, bring the likes of Adams into regular action and a pair of decent centre half's has my vote

Mcall a good shout, he's only seeing rangers out till the end of the season I believe.

I think McCall would be a great fit, my only fear is that when Rangers to inevitably win promotion against a poor Motherwell side, they will offer him the job permanently and he'll take it for sure.

Not someone I particularly want, but it wouldn't surprise me if we went for someone like Phil Parkinson.

McClaren's just been sacked

Back
Top Bottom