Goalkeeper?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not a bad call given that Turner's confidence is well and truly shot. His feeble attempts at punching is a sure sign that his dropsy at Scunny has rattled him. George Long being recalled might be a better option than Turner at the moment.

Said it before Turner scares me. He has cost us points.

Turner has had some shakey games but also done well in others. Clean sheet last night will have done his confidence some good too

But I agree he's cost us points... Doubt we'll bring anyone else in. Willis might get a debut if Turner also gets crocked/ suspended

Yes but you won't find one as good as him available on loan. Why would anyone loan out a goalkeeper of that quality at this late stage. In fact that pretty much applies to any position. Hate mid season loans.

With no guarantee that Howard will fully recover from his back injury this season, we should bring another keeper in on loan. Turner looks nervous and lacking in confidence and Willis has no experience. As we move towards the play offs the pressure and expectations will increase. I'm not sure that either of Howard's replacements would handle it well.

Reactions: Dkc

I detailed Turner's dodgy moments on the General Blades Chat.

Early in the first half he goes for a quick release and throws it straight to a Scunthorpe player. On 55 mins, Scunthorpe have a free kick that was pumped into our area. It's an easy punch or a catch for most goalkeepers but Turner just deflects it down and away from his grasp. On 63 mins he had to deal with a bouncing backpass and hits it along the ground towards midfield, narrowly missing a Scunny player.

Every keeper is entitled to a dodgy moment, but I was worried about three dodgy moments in a game where he had very little to do. It also seems he often prefers punching the ball over claiming it.

21 Clean sheets that season and Long played 44 of those games. 2nd best defensive record in the league with only 42 goals conceded.

George Long was not an issue that season

There is no issue now. He's plainly not good enough. Bladey apologies.

Put him on "ignore" and you won't see any of his replies

I detailed Turner's dodgy moments on the General Blades Chat.

Early in the first half he goes for a quick release and throws it straight to a Scunthorpe player. On 55 mins, Scunthorpe have a free kick that was pumped into our area. It's an easy punch or a catch for most goalkeepers but Turner just deflects it down and away from his grasp. On 63 mins he had to deal with a bouncing backpass and hits it along the ground towards midfield, narrowly missing a Scunny player.

Every keeper is entitled to a dodgy moment, but I was worried about three dodgy moments in a game where he had very little to do. It also seems he often prefers punching the ball over claiming it.

If we get to the playoffs he could easily make the difference on his own. Howard always seems to be injured with his back - time to get rid?

Back
Top Bottom