Sit back and await the results from NASA

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jehovah

Reaction score
About how we didn't win that one.

Rather than trying to defend free kicks around our penalty area, we'd be better served getting Turner to blast the ball as hard as possible into his own net so as to waste as little time as possible for us to get back into the game. We concede every single time. And instead of taking corners that we win, just give them a goal kick. They're a waste of time too

You Twat. I thought we'd been to the Genesis planet to retrieve Spock. If only we could.

The decision to replace Kennedy with freeman was a big factor for me. We ended up with three players out of position because of it. There were better options.

The decision to replace Kennedy with freeman was a big factor for me. We ended up with three players out of position because of it. There were better options.

What game were you watching? Freeman coming on improved us massively, him Flynn and Brayford linked up brilliantly. Freeman and Brayford could've have scored on another day. No one looked like they weren't comfortable in their position.

Probably brought on mcnulty and gone 4-4-2 with basham at cb.

Could have put freeman at rb and brayford at cb keeping basham in the centre of midfield.

Or reed on and move basham at cb.

Each would have meant less disruption to the team and we wouldn't have had freeman on the wing with Flynn in the middle.

Losing one cb shouldnt mean such a big reshuffle. Highlights a weakness back there. could also raise the question about butler and Collins again.

What game were you watching? Freeman coming on improved us massively, him Flynn and Brayford linked up brilliantly. Freeman and Brayford could've have scored on another day. No one looked like they weren't comfortable in their position.

We all see it differently. We were poor down the right all afternoon.

Main issue with the sub was it taking a man out of central midfield. Although the issue created from that may have occurred anyway. The two midfielders were fairly deep (or wide in Coutts' case at times), leaving a massive gap to the forwards. We need a link, such as Baxter, who we missed today. We're far better with 4-5-1.

Anyway, good performance overall despite a disappointing result. Freeman shaded MOTM for me, he looks to have improved since last season, and he, Brayford and Flynn linked well. A few issues, as well as the linking problem (Baxter's importance highlighted): moving the ball too slowly at times, often due to lack of movement, set pieces (again) and at times maybe an over fear of shooting. Really though we just didn't get the breaks, we move on.

NASA also report that Simonsen's penalty is still orbiting Jupiter.

Had this conversation recently, and a mate of mine (with a first class honours degree in theoretical physics (genuinely)) pointed out that if it is in orbit it might still come back down and go in...

Reactions: Dkc
There's a solar eclipse soon.. which will be caused by the ball

We all see it differently. We were poor down the right all afternoon.

Disagree nigel. First half most of our input came from the left with Murphy well in the game running at them and in some cases cutting inside to lay off to Doyle and back to Harris. Flynn was outmuscled over on the far side and save for a few movements down in the crossing zone was too detached for Brayford to get involved.

In the second half with this formation:

----------------------------------Turner------------------------

Brayford-----McEveley------------Basham-------Harris

Freeman--Flynn----Doyle--------Coutts-------Murphy

-------------------------Done---------------------------------

The Brayford/Flynn/Freeman triangle showed great penetration down that side and caused Crawley no end of problems up to the corner of their area.

The only thing we lack is aerial penalty area targeting, decent crossing and the ability to crack a ball at goal from the edge of the box.

pommpey

Wasn't there so can't say but at the time, and I know Freeman is impressing lately, I was surprised he would go with Flynn CM and bring Freeman on RM while Reed was on the bench. But I don't think that's really the answer to today's game anyway.

A lot of people were saying good riddance to Baxter with his suspension but would he have made a difference today in making use of all that possession?

Had this conversation recently, and a mate of mine (with a first class honours degree in theoretical physics (genuinely)) pointed out that if it is in orbit it might still come back down and go in...

Where did he get that degree from, an online degree mill?

Not if it's ordering Jupiter it won't.

And how would a ball made from plastic survive re-entry?

Where did he get that degree from, an online degree mill?

Not if it's ordering Jupiter it won't.

And how would a ball made from plastic survive re-entry?

While it has been in Orbit it will have collected dust and other space garbage, which would protect it on re-entry, burning off and leaving a pristine ball heading for the Goal at Wembley.

I imagine today it will look something like this

latest

While it has been in Orbit it will have collected dust and other space garbage, which would protect it on re-entry, burning off and leaving a pristine ball heading for the Goal at Wembley.

I imagine today it will look something like this

latest
That's no football, that's a space station...

It wouldn't have made it out of the atmosphere would it? It would've expanded until it exploded

Disagree nigel. First half most of our input came from the left with Murphy well in the game running at them and in some cases cutting inside to lay off to Doyle and back to Harris. Flynn was outmuscled over on the far side and save for a few movements down in the crossing zone was too detached for Brayford to get involved.

The Brayford/Flynn/Freeman triangle showed great penetration down that side and caused Crawley no end of problems up to the corner of their area.

The only thing we lack is aerial penalty area targeting, decent crossing and the ability to crack a ball at goal from the edge of the box.

pommpey

We will not win promotion if we're relying on freeman as the wide man in a 4-5-1 where the wide men are needed to turn it into a 4-3-3 when attacking. Hope it's my Alan Hansen moment (you win nothing with kids).

Our goal and most sustained period of pressure came with mcnulty & done up top. The penalty came from those two linking up. Their centre halfs had very little to do or think about up until mcnulty coming on. I stand by my opinion that the substitution cost us.

I thought we improved instantly when Freeman came on. Him, Brayford & Flynn linked up brilliantly. It was just the same old 10 men behind the ball and we couldn't break them down. It just wasn't our day. At one point the ball came lose in the box and somehow went straight past 3 United players that were completely unmarked. Very frustrating afternoon.

It was shit defending for their goal though (again) and we might aswell not bother with corners cause we're terrible at them (although yesterday, there was the rare sight of us winning a header from a corner. Still put it wide though.)

pommpey
That's what Kevin Gage was saying too.

I would have thought the obvious replacement for Basham dropping into the back four would be an attacking midfielder rather than playing a full back in midfield, why not bring on Che Adams if he wanted to keep playing 4-5-1 he would surely put himself about just as much as Basham and we know the kid has goals in him summat Bash will never have.

Until you put goal scorers in the side, we are going to continue as we are, tough to beat and unable to make/take our chances. As good as everyone thinks Basham, Coutts, Brayford and Freeman played, they aren't going to score/make you goals. We have 2 players who can score goals in Murphy and Done and maybe Flynn who can chip in. It really isn't rocket science.

Back
Top Bottom