Ticket office queue

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

cahill

Reaction score
I've just got off the phone to the ticket office. I was intending to ask one simple question which would have taken 30 seconds to answer. When I phoned up at 11-45am I was number 7 in the queue, no problem I'll hold on. When it got to number 4 I was there for about 30 minutes. About 20 mins at number 3. By this time losing the will to live I thought I'm not giving up now at number 2, surely can't be long now ! Wrong almost 40 mins into number 2 I lost the will to live and gave up. How long does it take someone to order tickets, Christ on a bike my question could have been dealt with in 30 seconds.

Two weeks ago I turned up at the club ticket office at 1pm plenty of time to queue for a ticket to see lowly Colchester. Wrong again. I was about 200th in the queue, God knows what time those in front got there ! One hour later the queue hadn't moved and there must have been around 500 behind me. Stewards did come round trying to calm and pacify fans.

Customer service is absolutely ridiculous. Does anyone have an email I can send to the club to complain about my situation today ? Are they not bothered about paying customers ?

I've just got off the phone to the ticket office. I was intending to ask one simple question which would have taken 30 seconds to answer. When I phoned up at 11-45am I was number 7 in the queue, no problem I'll hold on. When it got to number 4 I was there for about 30 minutes. About 20 mins at number 3. By this time losing the will to live I thought I'm not giving up now at number 2, surely can't be long now ! Wrong almost 40 mins into number 2 I lost the will to live and gave up. How long does it take someone to order tickets, Christ on a bike my question could have been dealt with in 30 seconds.

Two weeks ago I turned up at the club ticket office at 1pm plenty of time to queue for a ticket to see lowly Colchester. Wrong again. I was about 200th in the queue, God knows what time those in front got there ! One hour later the queue hadn't moved and there must have been around 500 behind me. Stewards did come round trying to calm and pacify fans.

Customer service is absolutely ridiculous. Does anyone have an email I can send to the club to complain about my situation today ? Are they not bothered about paying customers ?

I do always wonder what on earth the ticketing queries other people must be ringing about on the occasions I used to ring up.
There's not an issue with the phone system delaying putting people through immediately when the line becomes available maybe? It would be the only thing I could think of why every transaction on the phone appears to take 15 minutes minimum.

I do always wonder what on earth the ticketing queries other people must be ringing about on the occasions I used to ring up.
There's not an issue with the phone system delaying putting people through immediately when the line becomes available maybe? It would be the only thing I could think of why every transaction on the phone appears to take 15 minutes minimum.

Perhaps somebody else wants to use the phone box they operate from !

You start to wonder whether its worth the effort.

Thanks guys and Liz

"Let me hold you, for the last time..."

Aye song wasn't bad, know it by heart now, who sings it ?

And it is a premium number which gave my dad a shock when his phone bill came in once haha
There should be a way to get tickets out to people on match day. Maybe a stand outside alongside the ticket office for people paying cash. The collection point I think has helped to a degree x

And it is a premium number which gave my dad a shock when his phone bill came in once haha
There should be a way to get tickets out to people on match day. Maybe a stand outside alongside the ticket office for people paying cash. The collection point I think has helped to a degree x

collection point certainly useful. was a bit worried when my train across on saturday was delayed such that i didn't get into sheffield until 25 before kickoff, but queue to collect was tiny and was in the kop well in time for the GCB

There are some major software and technical issues off the pitch. The club is a joke behind the scenes. Regular ticketing problems, scoreboard not working, no replays etc, Gary Sinclair not reading the teams out until we are ready to kick off, no half time news on th e Tvs on the concourses, why is Sky switched off?, it`s on before the games. Of course this dosen`t affect the prawn sarnie brigade, with their teamsheets at 14:15, and plasma screen Sky at half, and full time. Every club in this league is better than us at relaying information. Fleetwood, the line ups were on the board throughout, that`s Fleetwood, can`t Sheff Utd manage something like this? Crewe 4 readings of the teams before kick off. Sinclair loves his little in jokes, and playing mates records, but can`t do basic customer information, like who is actually playing. That`s why we are there Gary.

collection point certainly useful. was a bit worried when my train across on saturday was delayed such that i didn't get into sheffield until 25 before kickoff, but queue to collect was tiny and was in the kop well in time for the GCB
In contrast, to avoid boiling my brain for 20 minutes trying to buy a ticket in said manner, and taking the advice of those who pointed out the way to avoid it, I bought my ticket online on Friday and strolled smugly to the turnstiles with my card at 5 to 3 only to find it hadnt loaded and despite showing my confirmation email was advised to go to the ticket office.......

I have never found any member of staff to be anything other than courteous and helpful but boy oh boy do the systems leave their arses hanging out.

In contrast, to avoid boiling my brain for 20 minutes trying to buy a ticket in said manner, and taking the advice of those who pointed out the way to avoid it, I bought my ticket online on Friday and strolled smugly to the turnstiles with my card at 5 to 3 only to find it hadnt loaded and despite showing my confirmation email was advised to go to the ticket office.......

I have never found any member of staff to be anything other than courteous and helpful but boy oh boy do the systems leave their arses hanging out.
That`s another thing!!, when your card dosen`t work why can`t the stewards contact the office, surely there is the technology to do this, i think it`s called a phone. The same thing happened to me for a home cup tie, the incredible thing is, if I had clubbed the steward to death, it would have been me arrested!, the worlds gone mad!!! I am proper wound up now, off to punch some walls!

I rang Notts County ticket office prior to our away game and they answered within 30 seconds, yeah I know it's Notts County, but all the same. By comparison I rang Utds ticket office to upgrade a junior season ticket and was pleasantly surprised to be caller number three, twenty five minutes later they answered, unbelievable.

In fact every administrative dealing I have ever had with the club has been disappointing. My son went to one of the open trials towards the end of the year, when he was 9, which he loved. The staff specifically assured all the lads they would be told the outcome before the New Year, needless to say they weren't in touch until late January. Nine year old boys, really ?
My partners son went to an open trial too, in an older age group and they contacted her and wanted him to go for a trial and said they'd be in touch with more detail, that was last May, he's still waiting!

Sadly the club seem to be happy to exploit supporters inherent dedication to Sheffield United and know that we'll always be there, in spite of often poor administrative organisation and customer relations.

Do they have people dedicated to telephone sales? I always thought they just picked the phone up when they got a minute or two between serving customers at the counter. Otherwise, yes, it is very strange how my calls seem to last 2 minutes but "2 calls ahead of you" takes 30 minutes!

I thought I had a cunning plan to get some of the last few Scunny tickets (only available by phone or in person) Started ringing at 0855 hrs and redialing continuously until I heard the strains of 'Let me hold you'

Brilliant, straight in I thought, then 'You are caller number .....13' :mad:

I think they have my number on some sort of wind up list, I'm going to ring from my Mothers next time.

Do they have people dedicated to telephone sales? I always thought they just picked the phone up when they got a minute or two between serving customers at the counter. Otherwise, yes, it is very strange how my calls seem to last 2 minutes but "2 calls ahead of you" takes 30 minutes!
Just one answering calls mate, they should utilise people like James Wallace and Higdon, who are stealing a wage, to do their bit.

Back
Top Bottom