Bar on Shoreham Street

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Keef Chedwyn

Enjoy it by being fucking disciplined
Reaction score
Has anyone been in the new (?) bar on Shoreham Street on the corner after the car finance place?

Is it any good? Is it suitable for football fans/non students/people who are not cool?

Cheers

If it is true that there is a bar there now, Shoreham street will no longer be the longest street without a bar in Sheffield (it used to be the subject of a pub quiz question.

Today's most useless piece of trivia perhaps :tumbleweed:

Twatter:

Student Night tonight guys
Cheap drinks tonight guys
Play Saturday tonight guys @oneninetwobar
Student Sunday tonight guys
Don't forget it's Student Sunday tomorrow guys.
Play Saturday tonight guys
Play Saturday tomorrow guys
Shameless tonight guys
Play Saturday @oneninetwo this weekend guys
Remember its student night tonight guys
Happy Sunday guys
Remember guys its #playsaturday
...etc

(they also end every tweet with "!!!", but I thought I'd save you from throwing your monitor out of the window)

Reminds me of eating at Frankie & Benny's..

"Hi guys! Really good to see you this evening guys. So, what can I get you guys?"
"A different fucking waiter!"

Twatter:

Shameless tonight guys
Happy Sunday guys
...etc

(they also end every tweet with "!!!", but I thought I'd save you from throwing your monitor out of the window)

"Hi guys! Really good to see you this evening guys. So, what can I get you guys?"
Anyone who uses the word "guys" should be fucking shot.

UTB

If it is true that there is a bar there now, Shoreham street will no longer be the longest street without a bar in Sheffield (it used to be the subject of a pub quiz question.

Today's most useless piece of trivia perhaps :tumbleweed:

I went past it to the match on Saturday and i'm pretty sure the entrance isn't actually on Shoreham Street but on the road (don't know what it's called) that trurns to the right off Shoreham Street

I went past it to the match on Saturday and i'm pretty sure the entrance isn't actually on Shoreham Street but on the road (don't know what it's called) that turns to the right off Shoreham Street

Bramall Lane? ;):):tumbleweed::rolleyes::D

It's called Mary Street

Bramall Lane? That's parallel-ish to Shoreham Street isn't it? They only meet at the junction of Queens Road

I love Jing :D

Bramall_lane_Shoreham_Street_Jct.png

Hey guys, don't diss the bar until you try it, it could be loads of fun!!!

Hey guys, don't diss the bar until you try it, it could be loads of fun!!!

To be fair, the price of a pint ain't bad for a trendy bar (I'm guessing it's supposed to be trendy. I'm too old to know!).

A couple of years ago I went in some wanky bar off West Street (against my will, as part of a large group, I should add), Harrison's Bar or something? It had some beardy hipster cunt throwing cocktail mixing thingies around and dropping them frequently, although I probably just described half the bars around West Street. The price of a pint (I think it was a Budvar, maybe a Peroni, which I was only drinking because they had one pale ale and it tasted like shit. I know they aren't exactly budget beers, but still..) was the wrong side of £5! For a beer! In Sheffield! In an establishment with exactly zero naked ladies! WTF?!?

Reactions: Dkc
They talk about craft beers on their menu and the only thing they're got that's even approaching craft beer is Brooklyn lager.

To be fair, the price of a pint ain't bad for a trendy bar (I'm guessing it's supposed to be trendy. I'm too old to know!).

A couple of years ago I went in some wanky bar off West Street (against my will, as part of a large group, I should add), Harrison's Bar or something? It had some beardy hipster cunt throwing cocktail mixing thingies around and dropping them frequently, although I probably just described half the bars around West Street. The price of a pint (I think it was a Budvar, maybe a Peroni, which I was only drinking because they had one pale ale and it tasted like shit. I know they aren't exactly budget beers, but still..) was the wrong side of £5! For a beer! In Sheffield! In an establishment with exactly zero naked ladies! WTF?!?

And there you see exactly why I don't drink in town anymore.

Apart from the fact that town is full of either ten-bob millionaires, slightly post-pubescent scrotes who look like they've borrowed their portlier Brother's shirt or so "on-trend" students chucking their beer all over you.

You fight to get to the bar only to watch some gimp throwing shakers around making some bleedin wierd coloured slush puppy for Sharon and her friends and when you finally scream loud enough for the foetus behind the bar to hear you, you get shafted to drink something that tastes like its been poured from a can thats been left on the mantlepiece all night after you've fell asleep watching Babestation.

The "craft" beers in these establishments are usually served out of a can. So you end up paying £4+ for something you can get in the supermarket for £1.

Naa, I'll stay local thank you.

£5 a pint in sheffield. Fuck me. I bet the place was rammed as well.

Ah, you can't beat the old standards.....naked and ladies in the same sentence.

Plenty of normal pubs still exist if you get away from West St / Leopold St / Division St. But they aren't really "night on the town" places. I'm thinking of Fagin's, Lord Nelson, Brown Bear, Sheffield Tap, Dog and Partridge if it still exists. And of course the Weaterspoon's pubs.

Plenty of normal pubs still exist if you get away from West St / Leopold St / Division St. But they aren't really "night on the town" places. I'm thinking of Fagin's, Lord Nelson, Brown Bear, Sheffield Tap, Dog and Partridge if it still exists. And of course the Weaterspoon's pubs.

Naked in Wetherspoons?

Which one?

Twatter:

Shameless tonight guys
Happy Sunday guys
...etc

Funnily enough I went to Frankie and Benny's at Meadowhell for the first time. Waiter, young man late 20's " hi guys, how can I help you guys, I'm your waiter for today guys " (SCREAM). Oh and how tedious the waiter was, overly charming, overly engaging far too flirtatious and inappropriate with my 38 year old daughter. "Everything all right guys " ?

Jesus you can understand it in the USA but it sounds overly contrived and artificial here ?

Why do I/we have to be referred to as "guys" ? What's wrong with good old fashioned "are you ready to order now sir" /

Back
Top Bottom