Greasy Chip Butty last night

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reckon we should audition for Britain's Got Talent. Might be a squeeze getting us all on the stage but who would dare vote against us?

got sight of this forum from the 'Come on You Spurs' forum where it was linked in relation to a discussion about last night's atmosphere.
Spurs fan since 76 - have got a few Blades mates and been to your Lane 3 times (including the 0-6 thumping - and the more recent 1-2 defeat when you were last in the Prem) - and once, randomly when you played Scunthorpe - sadly couldn't make it last night

Just wanted to say that your Greasy Chip Butty song is one of the most unique and iconic in British football - if not the most. Never been impressed by Stoke's Delilah, You'll Never Walk Alone is ok but done to death, Palace's 'ultras' and their Eurovision chants are manufactured, Bubbles (no comment) - quite like Notts County's Wheelbarrow song... anyways, what I wanted to say was that to hear Bramall Lane in full Chip butty mode is spine tingling and beautifully authentic. I wish Spurs had anything as unique which stands out.

Just on the basis of that chant I've got a massive soft spot for your club!

After my last visit to your Lane, I decided to learn the chant by heart (and get a local to explain 'a gallon of magnet')

anyways - that's my piece - genuinely wish you all the best for the rest of the season - particularly the League campaign

Cheers Ricky.
I don't know whether to be proud of our lads or a bit disappointed.
Our club is in transition at the moment, and I'm talking a complete transition. Clough has come in just over a year ago and changed absolutely every single thing about a football club that it is possible to change.
The club was dead, years and years of hoofball managers that even managed to make winning unenjoyable and a board of directors that were more than happy to go along with it because hoofballers are much cheaper than footballers.
We outworked, outmuscled and spoilt most games that we were involved in and oddly enough I posted on another thread that with Neil Warnock or Dave Bassett at their prime we might have kicked our way into the final.
But I'd rather the club continued to sign footballers rather than hoofballers and we're in the process of doing that. It's just that it's going to take time before we can compete with Spurs.
Maybe in about three years time we can cause you some real problems, in the meantime I hope you win the final. What odds on 5-3 to Spurs

got sight of this forum from the 'Come on You Spurs' forum where it was linked in relation to a discussion about last night's atmosphere.
Spurs fan since 76 - have got a few Blades mates and been to your Lane 3 times (including the 0-6 thumping - and the more recent 1-2 defeat when you were last in the Prem) - and once, randomly when you played Scunthorpe - sadly couldn't make it last night

Just wanted to say that your Greasy Chip Butty song is one of the most unique and iconic in British football - if not the most. Never been impressed by Stoke's Delilah, You'll Never Walk Alone is ok but done to death, Palace's 'ultras' and their Eurovision chants are manufactured, Bubbles (no comment) - quite like Notts County's Wheelbarrow song... anyways, what I wanted to say was that to hear Bramall Lane in full Chip butty mode is spine tingling and beautifully authentic. I wish Spurs had anything as unique which stands out.

After my last visit to your Lane, I decided to learn the chant by heart (and get a local to explain 'a gallon of magnet')

anyways - that's my piece - genuinely wish you all the best for the rest of the season - particularly the League campaign

Thank you, my man - have a like

Reckon we should audition for Britain's Got Talent. Might be a squeeze getting us all on the stage but who would dare vote against us?
That soppy twat Cowell. If it's not a dancing dog or some foreign Johnnies he isn't interested.

I already liked Spurs anyway but this semi final has made me like them even more. We had 2 fantastic games, no cheating/diving from your team, and the fans that have come on this forum have been fantastic. It makes me feel so proud to see you all praising us and I absolutely love the fact that you like us just because our song :D

We're not the only club that sings it by the way, Boston United do and probably one or two others.

Spurs have showed class, through their players, through their managerial staff and through their fans. It makes a change to experience a premiership club who aren't arrogant and have self entitlement. Might have to start looking out for the Spurs results a bit more in the future...

Cheers Ricky.
I don't know whether to be proud of our lads or a bit disappointed.
Our club is in transition at the moment, and I'm talking a complete transition. Clough has come in just over a year ago and changed absolutely every single thing about a football club that it is possible to change.
The club was dead, years and years of hoofball managers that even managed to make winning unenjoyable and a board of directors that were more than happy to go along with it because hoofballers are much cheaper than footballers.
We outworked, outmuscled and spoilt most games that we were involved in and oddly enough I posted on another thread that with Neil Warnock or Dave Bassett at their prime we might have kicked our way into the final.
But I'd rather the club continued to sign footballers rather than hoofballers and we're in the process of doing that. It's just that it's going to take time before we can compete with Spurs.
Maybe in about three years time we can cause you some real problems, in the meantime I hope you win the final. What odds on 5-3 to Spurs

We have been in transition for years!, do like your post though COYRAWW!

I got emotional just reading this! It's good to hear we've shown ourselves not just to be 'big hoof ball dirty bullies from the North'

All the best for the rest of the season.

We have been in transition for years!, do like your post though COYRAWW!

I'd call what we've been in for so many years a coma, and the machine was almost switched off last year.
Transition sounds better, it sounds like "Improvement"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom