it’s a GrumbleBob

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

nowtfancy

Reaction score
Part timer here, still grumbling about trying to buy a ticket for me & the lad.
We like to sit in the family stand so are forced to pay to call the ticket office on 0871 995 1889.

Just spent over 10 mins on hold (at work) so there’s the phone call cost (ok I’m not paying that but that’s not really the point) and the skiving element, but never moved from caller number 6.
So I have to think can I get away with CAN I HOLD YOU blaring out for an hour? Probably not, work wise or psychologically.
Given up for now. Will try again later but come on united, help me come & see you!

Why can’t Members & Junior Blades buy tickets / activate cards on line for the family stand? Obviously no randoms to keep chelsea headhunters at bay who might fancy taking John street, but you’ve got my details, you’re taking the piss with this phone bollocks.

Bah

If I remember right thing were going to change in the summer. I don't know if the discussions took place? it would be nice if we could find out if they did and what the conclusion was?

Well I'm on the phone again, it's now or never. Blood pressure is suffering a bit being told time & again the quickest way to buy your ticket is on line at blah blah blah. and to help us deal with your call efficiently please have your customer number ready..
Have progressed from caller 6 to caller 3 in 22 mins so they're obviously building up a head of speed now !

answered after 40 mins, from being caller no. 6.
best part of an hour & unknown telephone cost. No need surely!

If I remember right thing were going to change in the summer. I don't know if the discussions took place? it would be nice if we could find out if they did and what the conclusion was?

Will chase it up, there was indeed supposed to be a system upgrade during the summer, but there wasn't any promise of this particular change in policy.

It's particularly frustrating for me too at times, being a season ticket holder on John Street.

Will chase it up, there was indeed supposed to be a system upgrade during the summer, but there wasn't any promise of this particular change in policy.

It's particularly frustrating for me too at times, being a season ticket holder on John Street.

Cheers, I appreciate the use of the forum, even if i'm using it to moan! Its a good place -keep up the good work!

I'll be honest, I'm skint, if I had £550 knocking about we'd have had season tickets. As it is we rely on friends not using theirs or special occasions/offers.
This is quid a kid, however at 'up to' 41 pence a minute, I reckon the call to 0871 could have cost 23 times the cost of the ticket. That can't be justifiable surely?

I have emailed the ticket office, who promptly replied advising:
'We do not sell tickets for the family stand online. This is to stop groups of adults buying tickets on there as we are trying to keep the family atmosphere.'
I fully support trying to keep the family atmosphere in the family stand, but ripping people off to buy the tickets surely isn't the way.

UTB

This thread reminded me that I needed to buy tickets, also in the family stand. Twenty-five minutes in so far and I've gone from caller 5 to 3. What gets me is how long it takes them to process each customer. You can be sure my call will take no more than three minutes, so do they take a call and nip off for a fag break each time?

The "let me hold you..." white noise is the worst aspect - I'm calling from work so it's costing me nowt - I think I'd prefer to be waterboarded than listen to this any more.

Spoke to Carrie towards end of last season and I'm convinced that the John street situation was up for review. Whether that happened or if something got in the way it would be nice to know.
I cannot see that if you have history of the family stand as a customer then why you cannot get to go in there occasionally. I understand the argument that it should be available for families as a priority but surly a disclaimer about moving people without families from there to other parts of the ground should that be required would be acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom