above average

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tommy the tiger tynan or summat
is it important ? I think not
he was shit had a fat arse and epitomised a lifetime of supporting the blades

Certainly not important, I'll give you that at least.

3) Point 3 - correct - negative tactics but, effective tactics - everyone not happy but some will never be pleased.
I wouldn't say the negative tactics are effective all the time,take yesterday as one of the examples.Infact i'd only say we do anything when Cloughy goes more positive which begs the question why we don't start like that,or atleast do it a lot sooner than we do.

I can categorically say that every single blade would or will be happy if we get promoted to the Championship,so to say some will never be pleased is a bit wide of the mark.

Tommy the tiger tynan or summat
is it important ? I think not
he was shit had a fat arse and epitomised a lifetime of supporting the blades

You mean Tony "tiger" Towner I guess, judge - he was on loan from Rotherham in 1982-3 and was indeed shite for us and had a big arse.

Hey with our finances it's like being the Chelsea of league one. Where would we be without the Prince? And the value per pound Jim Phipps represents makes me glad we have him instead of Nick Blackman, Quinn and Harry Maguire.

Jim, has a lot of pounds to tip the scales. I think that I have made my own position very clear over the months regarding bringing Ched home Whilst totally disagreeing with the decision concerning Ched., you would have to go a very long way to discover anyone, as good as our Co- Chairman Jim, in putting the best light on a very unsatisfactory situation.

Whilst he still seems popular on here, the clear impression I get at the Lane is that most fans are starting to get pissed off with Clough's slow and negative tactics. It's absolutely awful to watch and doesn't work. It takes us half an hour to mount an attack and it rarely leads to an attempt on goal. The goals we have scored and points we've gained have generally come when we have ditched Clough's abysmal tactics late on in an attempt to get something out of the game.

He approaches every game as if we are playing away to Barcelona.

Did we not sack Mr Wilson for getting his players to play crab like, sideways and backwards? Teams coming to the Lane appear to have nothing to lose ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK We should attack teams from the start. Surely to goodness, with our resources we should be able to do that. From this distance, the price paid to watch us is not worth the money.

I am indeed unhappy to be here - but what I can see, and 4,269 other fans saw at Doncaster is that the club is making progress. I am unhappy of all the incidents and people who put us here, but the realistic situation is that we are here and it's a case of getting out. You can't change the past and NC is taking us forward.

What I fail to see is fans who expect Jam today when the stuff has to made in the first place.

Clough is SLOWLY making a team - this in not Championship manger. He is building from the bottom up.

Yes we need as striker and if the regime in place has inverted £8M already, all some of us can see is completely and utterly unrealistic demands of some fans who DEMAND thatt it happens now - life isn't like that.

UTB

You mean Tony "tiger" Towner I guess, judge - he was on loan from Rotherham in 1982-3 and was indeed shite for us and had a big arse.
Yeah thats the one and he was truly garbage

Jam today Jam tomorrow The Jam is 50 plus years beyond its sell by date

If that is a reference to how we have been in the past then fine - you go and live your Blades life like that. I just despair at why some fans are so negative about what happened donkeys years ago - no one can change that - it's gone.

Some of us are enjoying what NC is achieving - admittedly only slowly, but we are going in the right direction.

I see too many fans hanging on to what it was in the past - for now have a bit of faith in NC and this new management team and what they actually might achieve.

UTB

yes, part of the glass half full lot.

If that is a reference to how we have been in the past then fine - you go and live your Blades life like that. I just despair at why some fans are so negative about what happened donkeys years ago - no one can change that - it's gone.

Some of us are enjoying what NC is achieving - admittedly only slowly, but we are going in the right direction.

I see too many fans hanging on to what it was in the past - for now have a bit of faith in NC and this new management team and what they actually might achieve.

UTB

It's the Bladesfans' Way.

They'll soon be wanting NC out soon to be replaced by "Upanatem Morgs" with [black] comedy duo Monty and Koz as assistants. Who needs a quality manager when you have a good time-server with an old-fashioned nickname and can win the odd game in 'glorious underdog' mode?

They think talking drivel since August is a mark of authenticity, especially when you're watching Tommy 'The Tiger' Tynan.

They are convinced 18 year old Midfielder (so say Ilkeston, but what do they know?) Che Adams, who they have never seen, is a centre-forward.

They think "Diego" is the answer to all our prayers and dreams and is being cruelly overlooked by a wicked manager. Just like poor young Joe. Remember him? Ironside......Ironside.....

They are enchanted by the likes of Bristelona and Munich North-End who are 'so much better' than us, whatever the still-fledgling League table might say. It's only a matter of time before 'great squad - recruited really well' Leyton Orient glide past us like the well-oiled football machine they are. Oldham (Yes they played above themselves) are the next big thing. Actually we were comfortably better than them second-half but why spoil a good S2 attention-seeking lament?

They label the man who will prove to be our best manager in decades 'Negative' yet wallow in their own self-indulgent negativity.

An excellent forum is in danger of lapsing into a stronghold for refugees from T.I.L.D. Has someone dug a tunnel?

I despair.

Of course, when we had our strikers they warmed the bench until late on.

If our first half performances were replicated we'd be in the relegation zone.

Why we persist with the slow laborious build up until the games more than half gone is beyond me.

The stats don't lie and the manager should surely see this?

UTB

upload_2014-11-24_13-14-28.png

Can we have a bit of quiet please - you there, at the back, QUIET!

We will go up in second place.

Message ends

They think "Diego" is the answer to all our prayers and dreams and is being cruelly overlooked by a wicked manager. Just like poor young Joe. Remember him? Ironside......Ironside.....

I could understand most of the gripes in your post, Unitedites can be very negative and put other teams on a pedastool while slating their own and I am a big fan of Clough. However I wouldn't mind seeing DDG get more of a chance.

No one's calling DeGirolamo the saviour but he's the only fit striker in a squad with a chronic lack of strikers. He scored 3 in 4 at York so he obviously has some ability in front of goal. He could still be utterly useless at this level but we don't know.

I would rather have seen DeGirolamo come on Saturday than have Murphy moved up front. If Clough thinks he's not good enough why not extend his loan or drop him from the subs bench?

Last edited:

UTB

The problem is mate some of us can only comment on what's happened in previous games,and that's the only evidence we have as to what MIGHT happen in the future games.

Although we're still in a good position,you can clearly see there are a few things in which Cloughy needs to improve on.Substitutions being one of them.Nine times out of ten you can guess who he's going to bring on and in roughly what minute.Now on Saturday it was quite clear to me that we should have changed it at half time and we should have also brought another couple on for atleast the last 15 minutes as nothing was happening.It was like he was happy with a point!

We also need to start off brighter,especially at home.Football is supposed to be an entertainment and tbh i think the fans are being undercut with their money,the club should only charge half the money,especially at home,it's embarrassingly lack lustre at times.It doesn't take much to change this,it really doesn't but what i don't agree with is when fans come out on the defensive and berate the fans what can actually see what's going wrong at the moment,this is what the forum's for.

defensive and berate the fans what can actually see what's going wrong at the moment,this is what the forum's for.

I have picked out the key phrase in your comment "the fans what can actually see what's going wrong"

so, you and other fans KNOW what is going wrong? Clough doesn't agree with you - so Clough is therefore WRONG and some fans are correct.

You have a good point about changing, and I actually agree that personally I wanted a change at half time - Reid was my choice at half time or lets say 10 minutes after half time and I would have took off Doyle. But that is OUR opinion.

In the end we got a draw from the best team to visit BDTBL this season and probably the best anyone has played against us - but we didn't lose. Clough was scathing in his post match interview, particularly at the centre half's. The Forte goal was so soft and even Sunday league teams shouldn't allow a centre forward that much time on the edge of our box.

As for entertainment - sorry but you are wrong on that one - it's all about getting out of this shit, money losing division. Football is now a results oriented game - even the quality manager at L'pool fears for his job - absolute madness. Think you are going to have to be happy with not losing and hopefully winning, but as for entertainment - it doesn't keep managers in a job - results do.

As for starting brightly - yes again correct - but Clough doesn't send them out to be like that - it's the opposition that had us sussed out and in training they need to work out a plan to counteract it - it won't have been lost on NC, as he said in his interview post match.

As for settling for a point, no he wasn't, but as a manager he hates conceding and is quite happy with 1 nil or 2 nil - it's just the way he is and I doubt he will ever change - if you and others don't like that, then it's shoes off time.

As pinchy eluded to in another post, some fans on here already dislike Clough, his style, his methods - I just do not know what some want. At least I don't have to put up with the crap that's on BM.

Keep the faith - it will happen - slowly, but it will happen and all being well this season.

Just as a reminder - 5th in league, 2nd round of FA Cup and QF of League Cup - much better than last season.

UTB

I have picked out the key phrase in your comment "the fans what can actually see what's going wrong"

so, you and other fans KNOW what is going wrong? Clough doesn't agree with you - so Clough is therefore WRONG and some fans are correct.

You have a good point about changing, and I actually agree that personally I wanted a change at half time - Reid was my choice at half time or lets say 10 minutes after half time and I would have took off Doyle. But that is OUR opinion.

In the end we got a draw from the best team to visit BDTBL this season and probably the best anyone has played against us - but we didn't lose. Clough was scathing in his post match interview, particularly at the centre half's. The Forte goal was so soft and even Sunday league teams shouldn't allow a centre forward that much time on the edge of our box.

As for entertainment - sorry but you are wrong on that one - it's all about getting out of this shit, money losing division. Football is now a results oriented game - even the quality manager at L'pool fears for his job - absolute madness. Think you are going to have to be happy with not losing and hopefully winning, but as for entertainment - it doesn't keep managers in a job - results do.

As for starting brightly - yes again correct - but Clough doesn't send them out to be like that - it's the opposition that had us sussed out and in training they need to work out a plan to counteract it - it won't have been lost on NC, as he said in his interview post match.

As for settling for a point, no he wasn't, but as a manager he hates conceding and is quite happy with 1 nil or 2 nil - it's just the way he is and I doubt he will ever change - if you and others don't like that, then it's shoes off time.

As pinchy eluded to in another post, some fans on here already dislike Clough, his style, his methods - I just do not know what some want. At least I don't have to put up with the crap that's on BM.

Keep the faith - it will happen - slowly, but it will happen and all being well this season.

Just as a reminder - 5th in league, 2nd round of FA Cup and QF of League Cup - much better than last season.

UTB
Cloughy can be wrong,he's human,just like the rest of us.The point i'm making is the forum is to discuss what's going wrong and what we need to improve on.We might be 5th and i'm quite happy with that for now but there is certainly room for improvement and it's the key things that we need to improve on that can and should be discussed.Not whether you or i are right,i do think you're a bit defensive of the club but that's each to their own,i'd like to think we want the same things but propably in different ways that's fine also.

We did get a draw against propably one of the best teams to visit this season,i agree,but you can't possibly tell me that if we did things a bit differently we could have got an undeserved win.The players had an off day but i also thought Cloughy did,he should have atleast tried to win it in the last ten minutes,nothing really happened apart from one shot in that time.

I agree football is results orientated,but come on,you can't tell me your happy with our first half performances.Surely some entertainment has to take place.Just imagine if we don't go up this season playing with the same inept tactics as we are doing in allmost all of the first half performances,the fans will tumble away and you,i,and everyone knows this.

As for the settling for a point,i refer you to the second paragraph,i was mainly talking about the last ten minutes for this issue.There will be no shoes off for me,especially in this weather:D

I don't mind Clough,it's just a few things i'd personally like him to change,one of them being more attacking from the start,and the other being a bit more astute with the substitutions.I know the JCR one worked but he soon switched him over to the left which was baffling,but he could have gone that bit further with the subs and got the win,who knows!

Again,we're not in a bad position,lets not have no regrets at the end of the season.!

I have no doubt whatsoever that Clough will get us promoted this season or next.

The stated ambition of the club is to use that as a stepping stone. Only when Clough is leading us in the Championship will we know whether he is big enough to lift us out of there over a reasonable period.

We all have our views by now but only time will tell and no matter how much we huff and puff on here it is only time that will give us the answer. The whole sequence of events has to work through over a long period. Clough is well entrenched in the job and the board will give him plenty of time, so we should get used to that and support him along the way.

No matter which manager is in any job in the country fans would never ever agree with every decision he makes. I reckon Clough gets about 80 per cent of his team management right and that's a lot more than all our recent managers. I just wish his brother would come up with better quality.

UTB

My view for what its worth ,is that we have all been disappointed with some of the performances and a little mystified with the team selections , especially at the beginning of the season . Mr Clough has got it right and doing the job , for what he was recruited to do. Build a team for promotion . Take on board ---

The players are inconsistent ( thats why they are in league 1 ) . Mr Clough realises this and rotates the team accordingly . This is working .

Mr Clough has set down the benchmark of his standards , expectations and authority . This is working.

Mr Clough is still instilling the mental and phycological strength into the players . This is working.

Mr Clough is turning run of the mill players in to winners , with confidence and belief . This is working .

We have a squad with interchangeable players , which will be seen to pay dividends over the christmas period and for the rest of the season .. This is working .

For all home matches the opposition team , whoever they are ,will raise there game due to the crowd and stadium , which is more of a positive to the away team , than us . We have seen this on numerous occasions where the opposition seem to start more positive and play out of there skin . This is a fact and we have to instil fear into the opposition , and not let them enjoy there away day out. Mr Clough requires our help on this one , by making it a imitating atmosphere , and not getting on our players backs .

Mr Clough has been toughening up the players self belief , with the winning or not losing mentality. This is working.

Football is not just about formations and kicking a ball . All successful teams are full of winners , players with a inner strength , never say die attitude . This is working .

We will succeed in promotion . Forget entertainment . Go for results. This is working.

We have a lot going for us , this is a defining season , and timing and keeping our nerve is everything for success. We are the 12th man both home and away ( away support tremendous )

UTB.

It's the Bladesfans' Way.

They'll soon be wanting NC out soon to be replaced by "Upanatem Morgs" with [black] comedy duo Monty and Koz as assistants. Who needs a quality manager when you have a good time-server with an old-fashioned nickname and can win the odd game in 'glorious underdog' mode?

They think talking drivel since August is a mark of authenticity, especially when you're watching Tommy 'The Tiger' Tynan.

They are convinced 18 year old Midfielder (so say Ilkeston, but what do they know?) Che Adams, who they have never seen, is a centre-forward.

They are enchanted by the likes of Bristelona and Munich North-End who are 'so much better' than us, whatever the still-fledgling League table might say. It's only a matter of time before 'great squad - recruited really well' Leyton Orient glide past us like the well-oiled football machine they are. Oldham (Yes they played above themselves) are the next big thing. Actually we were comfortably better than them second-half but why spoil a good S2 attention-seeking lament?

They label the man who will prove to be our best manager in decades 'Negative' yet wallow in their own self-indulgent negativity.

An excellent forum is in danger of lapsing into a stronghold for refugees from T.I.L.D. Has someone dug a tunnel?

I despair.
what's the closest you've been to getting something right in one of your posts pinchy ?

My view for what its worth ,is that we have all been disappointed with some of the performances and a little mystified with the team selections , especially at the beginning of the season . Mr Clough has got it right and doing the job , for what he was recruited to do. Build a team for promotion . Take on board ---

The players are inconsistent ( thats why they are in league 1 ) . Mr Clough realises this and rotates the team accordingly . This is working .

Mr Clough has set down the benchmark of his standards , expectations and authority . This is working.

Mr Clough is still instilling the mental and phycological strength into the players . This is working.

Mr Clough is turning run of the mill players in to winners , with confidence and belief . This is working .

We have a squad with interchangeable players , which will be seen to pay dividends over the christmas period and for the rest of the season .. This is working .

For all home matches the opposition team , whoever they are ,will raise there game due to the crowd and stadium , which is more of a positive to the away team , than us . We have seen this on numerous occasions where the opposition seem to start more positive and play out of there skin . This is a fact and we have to instil fear into the opposition , and not let them enjoy there away day out. Mr Clough requires our help on this one , by making it a imitating atmosphere , and not getting on our players backs .

Mr Clough has been toughening up the players self belief , with the winning or not losing mentality. This is working.

Football is not just about formations and kicking a ball . All successful teams are full of winners , players with a inner strength , never say die attitude . This is working .

We will succeed in promotion . Forget entertainment . Go for results. This is working.

We have a lot going for us , this is a defining season , and timing and keeping our nerve is everything for success. We are the 12th man both home and away ( away support tremendous )

UTB.

Great post! Everything I was going to write today.

Unfortunately in the modern game, fans and owners alike forget it takes time to build a team - and not just a team, but a mentality and the inner workings of a team/club that will pay dividends for years to come, not just a 6 months period.

Along the way there will be mistakes, ups and downs and trial and error. But if you've got the fundamentals like Clough is laying down, along with a decent playing style, hard working players and youth - then it will come good.

UTB.
I'm not as confident as you that we'll get promotion but a few things could change my mind on that.

It's alright saying forget entertainment,but a lot of our fans come for that and will not come next year if we carry on to adapt a slow moving game in the first half of games and not go up.

I totally agree with the second paragraph,but i'd just like to add the home support is equally tremendous and doesn't get the credit it deserves.

what's the closest you've been to getting something right in one of your posts pinchy ?

He predicted Tranmere's collapse 2 years ago.

Unfortunately, he was wrong about Doncaster, and Yeovil, and Bournemouth.

One day one of these people who think we will go up automatically will explain how this will be the case when:

1. We play with a false nine formation, which does not appear to work very well without the likes of Frank Lampard or Xavi Alonso in midfield.

2. Our defence is weaker than last season's which means 1-0 wins are thinner on the ground

3. Other teams are scoring more goals and winning more points.

And that answer won't include "we will sign a good striker", or "the other teams will get worse" or "Ryan Flynn will get 10 goals easily".

Playoffs? Yes, probably. Auto? Not with this set up.

And Bos, if you want to instill fear into the oppostion at the Lane, actually attacking them before half time might be a good start.

2. Our defence is weaker than last season's which means 1-0 wins are thinner on the ground

Quite a specific point you make, but we have 5 in all competitions so far this season. We had 9 in total the whole of last season (all November onwards). So if anything, of we continue in this way, they won't be thinner on the ground at all.

We won without conceding 15 times last season, so far this it's been 8.

Back
Top Bottom