Friendly Tuesday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

From the pig end

Reaction score
I've never been to a friendly at the training ground, are they open to anyone?
Do you just rock up and watch the game?

I didn't get across forever_blade
It was all dependant on my work and it didn't pan out how I'd planned.
All I've heard about the game is that the young lad who scored bradfords looked good(there's a post somewhere on here saying we should take a look at him)
As for our team and performance mate,I haven't a clue

From the pig end out of interest, how did we go on? What sort of side did we put out?

Turner, Paling, Kennedy, McGahey, Scarisbrick (did his shoulder went to hospital), Whiteman, Adams, CJ hamilton (I think), The Higgosaurus, another lad from Ilkeston, I know I'm missing one sorry, Banton was defo on for Scarisbrick.

McNulty came on at half time, had an effort which hit both posts and came out. United got stronger as the game went on.

0-1 at HT Hanson with the goal

1-1 at FT Whiteman with the goal

I didn't get across forever_blade
It was all dependant on my work and it didn't pan out how I'd planned.
All I've heard about the game is that the young lad who scored bradfords looked good(there's a post somewhere on here saying we should take a look at him)
As for our team and performance mate,I haven't a clue

From the pig end No danger blade.

I agree with most it is clearly obvious we need a forward but I still think it's essential we get in a more forward thinking attacking right back.

Don't get me wrong I like Alcock I'm happy we signed him & he provides adequate cover at both CB & RB but we miss that runner from deep before Brayford, (we had a blip with McMahon), but before that we had Lowton, before Lowton we had the Kyles & I would have liked us to sign Freeman as he had the attacking mind set that we lack to burst on & create opportunities & space.

Turner, Paling, Kennedy, McGahey, Scarisbrick (did his shoulder went to hospital), Whiteman, Adams, CJ hamilton (I think), The Higgosaurus, another lad from Ilkeston, I know I'm missing one sorry, Banton was defo on for Scarisbrick.

McNulty came on at half time, had an effort which hit both posts and came out. United got stronger as the game went on.

Cheers for that Sharrowblade

Nice to see Whiteman notch after his debut midweek & that facemask looks to be effecting McNulty if he can only hit the woodwork and not ripple back of the onion bag...;)

it said kevin van veen and his girlfriend on photo

Nice work. How did Adams fair?

Adams was ok, steady, but fairly anonymous tbh.

Aologies for the omission of Otis and Connor. Must be the cold. :confused:

Team was: Turner, Paling, Kennedy, McGahey, Scarisbrick, Adams, Whiteman, Dimaio, Khan, another lad from Ilkeston, and the Higgosaurus.

Flo Cuvelier is an interesting one, I mean what can Clough do with him now? We have plenty of stock in Midfield as it is but obviously the manager will want to have a look at him before he makes any decision on him, after all we have been paying his wages!

Bit too late doors with only 30 minutes under his belt after a very long term injury to expect anyone other than Walsall to fancy taking him on loan now so it looks like we are going to have another option battling it out.

Flo Cuvelier is an interesting one, I mean what can Clough do with him now? We have plenty of stock in Midfield as it is but obviously the manager will want to have a look at him before he makes any decision on him, after all we have been paying his wages!

Bit too late doors with only 30 minutes under his belt after a very long term injury to expect anyone other than Walsall to fancy taking him on loan now so it looks like we are going to have another option battling it out.

In fact scrap that it has just dawned on me that Clough didn't like him last time and sent him out on a long term loan to Port Vale didn't he? Therefore obviously we have kept him on the books due to the fact we have been playing his wages. However I still don't think many will fancy a loan gamble on him considering his injury therefore I reckon me are stuck with him until January transfer window which gives him a chance to force his way into Clough's plans.

So are we safe in presuming that Higdon and McNulty are both fit again? McNulty should certainly be fine now given that it was a facial injury.

In fact scrap that it has just dawned on me that Clough didn't like him last time and sent him out on a long term loan to Port Vale didn't he? Therefore obviously we have kept him on the books due to the fact we have been playing his wages. However I still don't think many will fancy a loan gamble on him considering his injury therefore I reckon me are stuck with him until January transfer window which gives him a chance to force his way into Clough's plans.

I don't think that was necessarily the case. He struggled with injuries and we had plenty of midfielders playing well so sent him out to get games.

I'd expect to see him get a chance in the first team after Christmas.

So are we safe in presuming that Higdon and McNulty are both fit again? McNulty should certainly be fine now given that it was a facial injury.

The club expected them to be available for Friday and I'd imagine that won't change if today went as planned :)

Back
Top Bottom